What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A mixture of high 9's and 10's over the last few days hoping this improves with the cooler weather .

Andygoat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon everyone 4.2 this morning up 430 am for work seem to be like this early in the morning

Reactions: mojo37

kevkave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone 10.9 this morning. if I miss breakfast do I not take my medication

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Been raining in my neck of the woods but haven't seen any thunder and lightening as yet. The rain might sort the sea fret out which has been hanging about for the last couple or three days. Have the best day you can folks.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
A big fat 7 this morning . I'm beginning to run out reasons why level are in 6's and 7's in the mornings other than DP or FOTF as day time numbers usually ok. Does anyone have a suggestion or something that worked for them I could try . Enjoy the day folks

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A big fat 7 this morning . I'm beginning to run out reasons why level are in 6's and 7's in the mornings other than DP or FOTF as day time numbers usually ok. Does anyone have a suggestion or something that worked for them I could try . Enjoy the day folks
Sometimes it just happens this way for no other reason than it can. Stress, angst, feeling unwell, or just the heat. Have you had alcohol recently, sometimes you can have a delayed reaction with alcohol and you will see higher than expected levels for a few days at least that is what sometimes happens with me. If I do see higher numbers, I just eat carnivore (no carbs) until things stabilise.

Just another thought. Are you sure you can trust your test strips with all the heat we have had? I think one of my boxes of test strips or my actual glucose meter is messed up. I have 3 glucose testers (Not greedy really, there are perfectly valid reasons to having 3, used to have 2, one as a backup but inadvertently bought the wrong test strips for one of my devices. It was cheaper to buy a new meter than ditch the multiple boxes of non returnable test strips I had purchased) I generally keep to one for consistency but occasionally will check with one of the others. I did a check with a meter I do not regularly use but have test strips in date to use so I used this tester as a check. Showed up 9.4! Tried once more still results were in the same region, tried with my two other meters, both sets of results came back in the 5s.which is what I would have anticipated. Extremes of temperature can do funny things with test strips. Think I need to check the device with a control solution. Don't know if any of this is helpful but feel for you as it can be so frustrating.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Sometimes it just happens this way for no other reason than it can. Stress, angst, feeling unwell, or just the heat. Have you had alcohol recently, sometimes you can have a delayed reaction with alcohol and you will see higher than expected levels for a few days at least that is what sometimes happens with me. If I do see higher numbers, I just eat carnivore (no carbs) until things stabilise.

Just another thought. Are you sure you can trust your test strips with all the heat we have had? I think one of my boxes of test strips or my actual glucose meter is messed up. I have 3 glucose testers (Not greedy really, there are perfectly valid reasons to having 3, used to have 2, one as a backup but inadvertently bought the wrong test strips for one of my devices. It was cheaper to buy a new meter than ditch the multiple boxes of non returnable test strips I had purchased) I generally keep to one for consistency but occasionally will check with one of the others. I did a check with a meter I do not regularly use but have test strips in date to use so I used this tester as a check. Showed up 9.4! Tried once more still results were in the same region, tried with my two other meters, both sets of results came back in the 5s.which is what I would have anticipated. Extremes of temperature can do funny things with test strips. Think I need to check the device with a control solution. Don't know if any of this is helpful but feel for you as it can be so frustrating.
Yeah so frustrating. I have 2 meters both the same brand . I sometimes will test with either one and strips are all in date. What I might do is store some strips in a cooler location and see if temp difference shows a difference on 2 tests. I got up at 9am tested got a 7 . Had breakfast at 10am tested at 1130am and got a 6.2 . I am thinking I just have a big DP response in the mornings.

Reactions: Estragon

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah so frustrating. I have 2 meters both the same brand . I sometimes will test with either one and strips are all in date. What I might do is store some strips in a cooler location and see if temp difference shows a difference on 2 tests. I got up at 9am tested got a 7 . Had breakfast at 10am tested at 1130am and got a 6.2 . I am thinking I just have a big DP response in the mornings.
Hopefully the cooler weather will give an improvement if it is to do with test strips.

Reactions: JohnEGreen