What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

RosemaryJackson

Late posting today. Got up real early and went shopping in the coolest part of the day, then forgot to post. Bedtime 8.4 (my fault) and fbg 7.4. Am so fed up of being diabetic!!! Good for you @Ryhia, hope you can keep it up. I am going to USA to stay with my son for 2 weeks and intend swimming in their pool every day. Now I know what to expect lol! Haven't been swimming for about 15 years.

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Late posting today. Got up real early and went shopping in the coolest part of the day, then forgot to post. Bedtime 8.4 (my fault) and fbg 7.4. Am so fed up of being diabetic!!! Good for you @Ryhia, hope you can keep it up. I am going to USA to stay with my son for 2 weeks and intend swimming in their pool every day. Now I know what to expect lol! Haven't been swimming for about 15 years.
Enjoy your visit ☺️

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing 7.3 at 4.45am. Off metal detecting later with my grand daughter
Like for the metal detecting with granddaughter. @Retanna . Sorry for the disappointment, but welcome to the thread.
I am not too disappointed with my fasting level today. 6.1. Those elusive 5s just don’t seem attainable. Yet!

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like for the metal detecting with granddaughter. @Retanna . Sorry for the disappointment, but welcome to the thread.
I am not too disappointed with my fasting level today. 6.1. Those elusive 5s just don’t seem attainable. Yet!
Always happy with that reading

Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
Bit happier this morning, back down to 6.6 .

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. 12.8 bedtime (think the heat got to me), tested an hour later at 11.30pm , 10.2. Tested at 2.45 am, 6.3. And at 5.45am, 6.8. Never had figures like that before.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 which considering I am up an hour later I’ll take that. @RosemaryJackson it sounds like you had a very disturbed night’s sleep which is not good for BG at least thats what I find! After trying really hard for nearly five years Diabetes still constantly hoodwinks me. But you know we are trying. Bet you can’t wait to see your son again. Happy Sunday everyone.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning, due to a little glass of something to make me sleep. ;)Have a lovely Sunday folks.:)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 12.8 bedtime (think the heat got to me), tested an hour later at 11.30pm , 10.2. Tested at 2.45 am, 6.3. And at 5.45am, 6.8. Never had figures like that before.
Were you deliberately checking your bloods through the night? Maybe the higher level is to do with excitement at the thought of seeing your son? I know my bloods go haywire if I have any kind of emotional angst going on. Keep well.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
6.8 this morning . Was expecting it to be lower as have very little to eat yesterday and what I did eat had very little carbs . So frustrating as fasted for 15hrs also . Happy Sunday everyone another gorgeous day