What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have hardly been eating these last few days, as the hot weather puts paid to appetite. have I seen lower numbers through the day? Nope!
Started today with a 7.1, after hardly any sleep. Early getting up, cooler morning. Never mind following fasting method of diet, hasn’t helped these hot days. Appetite better, so having cooked breakfast.

RoughcutAU

FBG 6.6 this morning. Though did require another overnight correction.

Few theories running through my head but the front runner is possibily the end of my “honeymoon” mixed with higher carb/high fat dinner. Ie test two hours after dinner and nice in range 6s however 2-3 hours later in the 10s. Bring on my first CGM on Wednesday.

Happy Monday all!

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@RoughcutAU - I can’t really comment on your fluctuations, as you have a T1 condition and mine is T2, other than to say you are collecting DATA whilst dealing with this variation. However, you’ve gone from double digits down to single digits over a period of time that I do recognise sometimes in myself, except for the upward swing to the 10, then you you get back to a single digit 6, which is great!

Being stressed, depressed over my numbers, I’ve found for myself can aggravate my numbers. Lack of sleep too.

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 after a night somewhat disturbed by thunder and lightening !

Have a great week folks.
Hug for the disturbed sleep. We are supposed to be due thunder and lightening over the course of the next couple of days, got to wait and see I guess. Its very calm and peaceful at present.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A reduction to 5.9, hurrah!
This was despite poor sleep, still too hot, though ate a fair bit more, yesterday.
Blessedly cooler today. Hopefully BGs will decrease again too. If not will have to look for other excuses, err I mean reasons.;):D