What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. This morning I found my old glucose tester that had gone missing a couple of weeks ago - my glucose testers usually live on top of a "spare" under counter freezer - the meter was right in the bottom of the freezer drawer alongside OHs ice creams - Hmm... can I blame him perhaps ;) Its a poorly little glucose tester at present and I'm not sure it will recover, came out with an 8.8 on test but it was still very cold - I'm allowing it to come slowing up to room temperature to see if that helps but have my doubts.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To all going on a break, @RoughcutAU hope you really enjoy your cruise. @PenguinMum hope the weather stays good for your weekend break just forget about FBGs for a couple of day.. @BrianDoc and your "regular" weekend fishing trip - is that sea or river? Hope there are plenty of fish to jump onto your line. Have a great time folks. :)

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Andygoat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone 4.1 this morning lower than I would like but had a few glasses of wine last night

Reactions: Ryhia

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there such a thing as a triple meh?
If so I am mehing x3.
8.8 today, dunno, didn’t ask. My food intake is recorded with great honesty. I haven’t been sitting around, so, meh, meh, meh.
It was my last test strip, too, so not able to check. New box of strips arrived in lunchtime post. Has been on the kitchen counter, daring me to test again. Not tempted, just going to wait for morning. Tomorrow is a new day.
This T2 never fails to confuse, even after 17 years of it.
A triple hug for your triple meh .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
last three days readings are 10.4 wed 9.8 yesterday and 9.7 this morning .

RoughcutAU

last three days readings are 10.4 wed 9.8 yesterday and 9.7 this morning .

Might not be the numbers you want but well done for monitoring and checking in!

Good Morning!

FBG Fingerprick 5.4 Libre 7.0. Definitely going with the fingerprick with this one.

In the short time i’ve been using the Libre this is the biggest difference I recall. Usually its less then 1mmol difference. As many have said its the trends and graphs thats more of use.

Thank you @Ryhia

Have a great day all! Off on a cruise so not sure if i’ll be checking in or not. Take care all.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good Morning!

FBG Fingerprick 5.4 Libre 7.0. Definitely going with the fingerprick with this one.

In the short time i’ve been using the Libre this is the biggest difference I recall. Usually its less then 1mmol difference. As many have said its the trends and graphs thats more of use.

Thank you @Ryhia

Have a great day all! Off on a cruise so not sure if i’ll be checking in or not. Take care all.
Enjoy your cruise

Reactions: RoughcutAU

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good Morning!

Thank you @Ryhia

Thank you I must admit I'm tempted not to bother testing lately because I'm not really doing much to help myself re carbs and exercise .Enjoy your cruise .:)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11.2 poor sleep was a contributing factor but carb wise I didn't over indulge and I did a 6 mile walk I suppose the only way forward is to get rid of all the stored glucose I must have . Sorry if I've gone off thread topic .

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11.2 poor sleep was a contributing factor but carb wise I didn't over indulge and I did a 6 mile walk I suppose the only way forward is to get rid of all the stored glucose I must have . Sorry if I've gone off thread topic .
Hopefully you’ll soon get better numbers, are they better in the day?

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Bedtime 9.6 (my fault, ate late and unwisely cos I was fed up) 4.30am.......7.7. Have a great weekend folks. PS. I'm a bit thick, so will someone tell me what MEH means please??

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
6.9 this morning . I'm bit disappointed thought I would have better numbers than that as did a interval 5km run yesterday morning then 16km cycle yesterday evening. Still in the 6's just . Enjoy the weekend folks

Reactions: Ryhia and mojo37

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully you’ll soon get better numbers, are they better in the day?
I don't usually test during the day mainly due to cost . I test if I get shaky ( not often these days ) and then my numbers are usually in high 3's or low 4's .