What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Foot to floor bg was 7.7! Woke up abruptly again - who has a window cleaner around in winter at 6:30am! Took reading an hour later 6.3 so happy with that, now doing intermittent fasting but not on my work out days.
Just checked 15 mins ago and I am finally in the 5s yay!

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Morning all, we are on a severe weather warning here in the Canadian Maritimes. Some might call it a cold snap, but the weather folks are calling it a polar vortex. We are to expect -28c later with strong winds leading to wind chill temps of -42c. I haven't seen those temps since I left Québec. And on that chilly note my fbg's were a stubborn 7.7 down from 9.4 last night. Happy Friday everyone.
We have over the years contemplated moving to Canada but I think it would be a bit too cold judging by those temps!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ho, high ho its up to 5.4 I go. No lighty 'cos I no likey but Super Salmon Salad Today so stuff the fbg. @Pipp hug for 800 routine but winner for the motivation. @DEBBIESCOTT in awe of your work ethic. @Overwhelmed hope the interview went well. @PenguinMum hug for fbgs but winner just for being you. Pip Pip Old Toots.

Last edited:

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have over the years contemplated moving to Canada but I think it would be a bit too cold judging by those temps!
Lol yes the weather can get extremely cold in the winter, other than the south western corner of British Columbia, and very hot in the summers. I am looking forward to living in North Wales later this year. There is a lot to be said for a temperate climate with no extreme weather events.