What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
16/12 - Morning.

12.3 - (On Morphine - again!).

Reactions: Cumberland

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 - exactly the same results With the benefit of the CMG monitor I know now that my fasting blood sugar all night was between 4.7 ad 5.1 from midnight through 6.30 am. On waking it rose to 6.3.

My weight loss has stalled recently though since I began the one meal a day thing -generally my best " slimming days" have been when having an egg for breakfast - so today I tried an early breakfast - bs rose to 7.8 and now on it's way down again - so yeah! will be interesting to see how the daily average with or without breakfast compares ( yesterday 5.9 average on freestyle libre)

Day 3 of this particular experiment -

I continued to have low blood sugars all day to give me an average of 5,5 compared to 5.9 the day before ( on freestyle libre I'm still suspicious its right! - but the trends seems clear) - so the breakfast egg was a big improvement lunch took me to 6.6 and dinner to 6.2 - with a couple of evening readings at only 3.8 .

Overnight stayed at higher in the 5's but I had a very later dinner.

FASTING glucose on waking 6.3 the same as the last two days and my egg breakfast high 7.3 . AND I lost 0.3 kilos'

Eggs are cool !

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early dinner plus walk led to 5.1 in the evening and all through the night , 6.2 on waking . (again)

Second day of my egg and spinach breakfast and 1.0 kilo lost ( I've been losing 0.2-0.3 consistently since starting August, it stalled two weeks ago which I now realise is when I changed my breakfast routine) Have now lost 1.3 in 2 days since putting my egg back . I have early always had a poached egg when dieting even on a low fat diet . I think my body knows - egg equals get losing weight before she stops feeding you!