What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

Bonan matenon al ĉiuj vi kaj mi ne supozas iun malgrandan ŝancon, ĉu iu aŭ ĉio, se vi parolas Esperanton? I awoke this morning and thought holywhackamoley what if I'm colour blind? I immediately rang my 24th hour doctor, vet, optician person and she turned up with one of those books with coloured spots in and asked me what I could see in it? I said the number 4.2 she replied no you dammed fool it is a cat with half a tuna. She went on to declare that I am in fact colour blind. I have to tell all of you it came as a real bolt from the yellow. My waking blood sugars were 4.2mmols though. Weekend,weekend ain't nothing like the weekend. Enjoy yourselves

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.9 for me this morning i give in have a good day all
Oh B***R Karen that diabetes witch is certainly playing games with you...can't offer any advice my ignorance of type1 & insulin use is woefully inadequate...hopefully others may be able to make some suggestions...I suppose the obvious questions spring to mind...coming down with a cold...or something else?...hopefully not...but...the only thing I can think of?...maybe the chance to relax this weekend will get you back down the scale.

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...was feeling quite smug today...not up until 06:20...great sleep I thought...then realised I hadn't sloped off to bed until 02:00...another middle aged moment then...urghhhhh....cofeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning folks. Awoke at 6. 45am feeling decidedly grotty-- shaky, nauseous, sweaty, thirsty, calf cramps etc. Tested BS expecting either hypo or hyper levels and was 6.8. Retested after few minutes, different finger, and was 7.2. Pretty good levels for me. It's a mystery! Enjoy your Friday one and all. :)

D

Diabeticliberty

Morning folks. Awoke at 6. 45am feeling decidedly grotty-- shaky, nauseous, sweaty, thirsty, calf cramps etc. Tested BS expecting either hypo or hyper levels and was 6.8. Retested after few minutes, different finger, and was 7.2. Pretty good levels for me. It's a mystery! Enjoy your Friday one and all. :)

I know you've probably had your fill of doctors just lately but perhaps it might be an idea to speak to one ? Just to be on the safe side. I hope you feel a bit better really soon

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
10.9 for me this morning i give in have a good day all
Hi Karen you wouldn't have wanted my BG reading after evening meal last night 14.7 bought in a made up meal from Costco has I hadn't a lot of time to make one before my grandson had to go to work,thought it was the easier solution! How wrong can you be!K BG for me this morning was 6.2

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I know you've probably had your fill of doctors just lately but perhaps it might be an idea to speak to one ? Just to be on the safe side. I hope you feel a bit better really soon
Thanks, diabeticliberty. It's probably just the cumulative effect of a very stressful week worrying about/ caring for my elderly mum who flatly refuses to go for help of any kind when she clearly needs it.:banghead: Still in a lot of pain myself too but at least my blood sugars are surprisingly good for me today. Thanks again. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thanks, diabeticliberty. It's probably just the cumulative effect of a very stressful week worrying about/ caring for my elderly mum who flatly refuses to go for help of any kind when she clearly needs it.:banghead: Still in a lot of pain myself too but at least my blood sugars are surprisingly good for me today. Thanks again. :)
Hi dogslife sorry you seem to be having quite a time of it with your own health problems and worries about your mum,she sounds like me independent and stubborn but she may also be a little scared too of where asking for help will take her,I don't know yours and your mums circumstances but perhaps an outside person may be able to help with some advice,perhaps a friend or other family member? Look after yourself first has your health is just has important,you cannot help anyone if your ill yourself.
My BG levels today 6.2 K