What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Ended up at an even 5 today which was curious! Currently waiting to go into the office because I wasn’t left a key!

Hope you all have a good day.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Difficult to believe that last night it was light enough and warm enough to B_B_Q supper in the yard. This morning the heavens are open where someone has a broken pipe and has left the fridge door open.

Apart from that 5.1 on the meter.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are running late!
A nice little 6 this morning.
Well folks this morning me's are in full supervised mode, but this afternoon and evening hehehehe.
Have a good day folks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Useful or not and wrong thread or not, not sure. Here's today as Cronometer sees it. Fairly typical in terms of food in and low for output. Carbs skewed upwards - it sees mushrooms as 3.5 gms carbs. 3 points are obvious to me and may be useful for others. 1) Very clear why LC is good for weight loss or control. 2) LC/VLC? has its limits (I would say it is weak compared to effect on weight) for bg control in my case. That is about my long term sustainable limit (cream is way above anything I normally want so calories in well up) 3) This notional 2500 cals for a male is far too high without plenty of exercise.
upload_2019-4-3_10-15-0.png

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. An early start for me as I’d promised to take daughter to work while her car is in the garage. Wasn’t expecting to have to scrape thick ice off the windscreen though.
@Traceymac23 glad to hear of the improvement, hope it continues and you are soon home again.
@Patrick66 good luck for your op.
@ziggy_w glad your bg is behaving again. How did your doc appt go?
Today I woke to 5.8 the inexorable rise in blood sugars has begun - happens every time I come to Cornwall, must be the smell of pasties. Fully expecting to be in 6s tomorrow.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6. Was only diagnosed 2 months ago. Been strict no alcohol for 8 weeks. Low carb diet since 1st Jan. Lost weight from 16.5 to 14.10.
No idea if 5.6 is good or bad.
Welcome

4-7 is good.
It can be higher in early days as body adjusts itself downwards.
And can climb as and when liver
dumps some excess.
Stress and any illness can affect it as well.

Well done on weight.:D

Last edited:

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
@Traceymac23 that sounds like very positive news; @Bubbsie road to full recovery sounds clear ahead; @karen8967 hugs for hypo; @AngiH welcome back and great willpower/girlpower to get back on track; @Patrick66 best wishes for the op. 5.4 for me today - steady line and length, no championships in those numbers but no contracts cancelled either.
Thank you very much.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning all. An early start for me as I’d promised to take daughter to work while her car is in the garage. Wasn’t expecting to have to scrape thick ice off the windscreen though.
@Traceymac23 glad to hear of the improvement, hope it continues and you are soon home again.
@Patrick66 good luck for your op.
@ziggy_w glad your bg is behaving again. How did your doc appt go?
Today I woke to 5.8 the inexorable rise in blood sugars has begun - happens every time I come to Cornwall, must be the smell of pasties. Fully expecting to be in 6s tomorrow.
Thank you

Reactions: DJC3

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
5.6. Was only diagnosed 2 months ago. Been strict no alcohol for 8 weeks. Low carb diet since 1st Jan. Lost weight from 16.5 to 14.10.
Its good. I range from 4.0 to 5.7/8. Obviously the lower the better (within limits) but 5.6 and a good weight loss shows you are on the right path.
Good stuff!!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Looks like I may have this sepsis beaten.......no infection found on overnight blood test......moved OFf of surgical ward as mri scans indicate that as fluid disperses and pressure subsides all skeletal abnormalities are sliding back into correct places....no erosion. In short nothing that a bit of physio and or steroids can't fix.
Excellent news, great relief.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
pafell that's a good number and a great weight loss after just two short months..my suggestion would be to have a look at one of the best books I have read on T2 diabetes...Type 2 Diabetes The First year written by Gretchen Becker herself type 2 ...it will explain the ranges we should be aiming for...what T2 is...how we 'get' it ...it will tell you what you need to know in a well written easy to understand format...you can preview it online with Amazon...possibly get a copy in your local library...worth a look...well done.

Reactions: Freema

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the thread of bewilderment- 5.6 is fine. Well done on the weight loss, congratulations on finding low carb and commiserations on your strict lack of booze - you may find that a glass of red wine each day may be beneficial (if you like red wine that is).