What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, 5.3 on the dice, I volunteered to go in to work on Saturday so no Friday feeling today also it's the better halfs birthday on Saturday so me working went down like a lead balloon. Have a lovely day all.

Blimey! Not surprised Did you have a lapse of concentration or something?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today looks like another bright day here.
We discovered this week that our multifuel burner was installed illegally and is in fact a bomb waiting to go off if we light a fire in it! Had a quote for a new one which is >£1000 and including fixtures ( flexible flue etc) and fittings will cost £2230!! Not sure what to do now.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.6 today looks like another bright day here.
We discovered this week that our multifuel burner was installed illegally and is in fact a bomb waiting to go off if we light a fire in it! Had a quote for a new one which is >£1000 and including fixtures ( flexible flue etc) and fittings will cost £2230!! Not sure what to do now.

Sue the idiots who installed it unless it was DIY in which case ignore what I just said.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not happy.
7am fasting blood sugar was 10.7
I was stressed yesterday morning. I am profoundly deaf and cannot hear on the telephone (live on my own) and had paperwork and stuff to sort yesterday morning which requested phone calls (despite me setting up stuff so they knew my deafness, and despite me letting them know text or email only, but that is another whole rant). Succeeded by email, with all but one issue, so went to my afternoon art group stressed and forgot my art materials...

It didn’t help they were waving chocolate Swiss rolls in front of my face at coffee break ‘you know you want one..’ They know I am diabetic.

I did flipping want one, but I declined. But when I got home the urge for chocolate was overwhelming. So I had some and didn’t feel any better.

So was it my fault my reading this morning was up to 10.7?

Then I thought, maybe the meter itself is faulty. Is this denial. Maybe. But it is from doctor and is nearly two years old. It is CareSens.

I was going to order some test strips of Amazon for it because doctor only allows 4 test strips a week and I need to test myself more often to check with foods I eat. But the test strips are very expensive.

So last week I ordered a new different meter and test strips and lancets. Much much cheaper. Affordable for me. This new one is SD Codefree.

So I opened the box. And tested with this new one. First of all my finger refuses to part with any more blood this morning. Finally it gives me a drop. I test it. This new reading just minutes after the first reading of 10.7, is now 9.7.

I am much happier it is now in single figures. Psychologically that makes me feel happier.

Maybe the old meter is inaccurate. Or maybe it is possible that different meters given different readings.

Dark chocolate, which is my only vice, is now being divided into some very small plastic containers I have and I can only have one of those tiny containers each day...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1555051534817.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Fasting blood sugars today were 4.8.

It's quite cold for April today and definitely agree with @Chronicle_Cat -- can't wait to get rid of the winter coat and start wearing summer clothes again. Today, we are off to the Cologne Arts fair. Looking forward to looking to seeing all the paintings, sculptures, etc. -- but the fair is so huge, I'm sure it will be exhausting also. Probably won't have the stamina to see all.

@DJC3 and @Krystyna23040 -- Hugs for multifuel burner and water softeners that have to be replaced.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sue the idiots who installed it unless it was DIY in which case ignore what I just said.

It was a DIY job that the people we bought the house off did.
We are discovering a whole lot of botched jobs around the place. The leaking chimney in the kitchen before Christmas was due to him trying to repair the chimney on the roof with bathroom sealant!!

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Been off school all week with this sinusitis and inner ear thing but finally I can say I feel a little better today...yeeeeehaaaaaaaa
Still not sleeping but at least a 14.0 is a round number so something satisfying about it
Have a good day x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Fasting blood sugars today were 4.8.

It's quite cold for April today and definitely agree with @Chronicle_Cat -- can't wait to get rid of the winter coat and start wearing summer clothes again. Today, we are off to the Cologne Arts fair. Looking forward to looking to seeing all the paintings, sculptures, etc. -- but the fair is so huge, I'm sure it will be exhausting also. Probably won't have the stamina to see all.

@DJC3 and @Krystyna23040 -- Hugs for multifuel burner and water softeners that have to be replaced.

The Cologne arts fair sounds wonderful. Are you taking your chequebook or just browsing? I know what you mean about these sorts of things being exhausting. My brother used to describe it as ‘museum leg’ when the back of your knees sort of ache from being on your feet all day, and shuffling along at slow speed.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.4 at 7am on this bright and sunny Friday. A busy day yesterday including voluntary work, visits to mum's, an impromptu coffee and long catch up with friends at Costa and a late night so methinks a rest day is on the cards for today --"all being well" as they say. Enjoy your Friday and the week-end everyone.:)

PS: Have received an appointment for an MRI scan of my inner ears on Sunday morning. I have had an MRI on my lower back but does anyone know if :
a) I will still be provided with ear plugs/ headphones to help with the machine noises given that they will be focusing on my ears?
b) Will they use the "cage" over my head as I've seen on some videos for brain/ head scans?
I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has experience of this as I like to know in advance what to expect. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning folks. Was feeling very lethargic and low energy early last evening, so ate six oatcakes and one slice of Hi-Lo at supper-time (logic?) Think I just needed food, not carbs.

Slightly guilty FBG 8.7 mmo/lt. I'm still at 100 kg plus, so think weight is the key metric actually, not a few sneaky oatcakes.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, its only bloomin Friday!! And the scores on the meter of doom this morning was....................6.........Not bad. As its the weekend starting at 5pm today, it will mostly consist of.......cleaning, grass cutting and general tidying, gone are the days of pub, drinking and general shenanigans and mischief, or as I liked to call it Enjoyment!! To tell you the truth I'm actually going to a food festival at Bishop Auckland, so if the food is nice my pump will be in overdrive!!!

Take care everyone. But above all have fun this weekend

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Cologne arts fair sounds wonderful. Are you taking your chequebook or just browsing? I know what you mean about these sorts of things being exhausting. My brother used to describe it as ‘museum leg’ when the back of your knees sort of ache from being on your feet all day, and shuffling along at slow speed.

Thanks, @DJC3.

Unfortunately, just browsing (the prices are definitely not in my budget). I kind of see it as a travelling arts exhibit (or maybe even museum). Know though what you mean by museum legs, though. Not sure what will give first my feet or my brain.

So sorry about your multifuel burner -- the parts do sound a bit expensive. Could you get a second estimate? When we had to replace our central gas heating and water system last summer, we bought the system ourselves and just paid for professional installation. Saved us about a 1000 Euros.

Hope your day starts looking up from here on. Have a big hug.