What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Today BSL was 7.7 been high lately in mornings since Xmas but I've been indulging in maybe more sweets since staying at mums since Christmas day

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 on finger prick... 3.8 on Libre ;)

Although I just changed the libre sensor yesterday so readings are a bit haywire on it and it will take some time to stabilise but it was showing that I kept dipping in and out of hypo over the course of last night... now I cant believe those numbers because as a T2 and not taking any medication I think hypo is highly unlikely...

However on plus side with a ketone reading of 2.8, I am in therapeutic levels of ketosis which is a good place to be anyway. :):)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.6 on finger prick... 3.8 on Libre ;)

Although I just changed the libre sensor yesterday so readings are a bit haywire on it and it will take some time to stabilise but it was showing that I kept dipping in and out of hypo over the course of last night... now I cant believe those numbers because as a T2 and not taking any medication I think hypo is highly unlikely...

However on plus side with a ketone reading of 2.8, I am in therapeutic levels of ketosis which is a good place to be anyway. :):)

As a type 2 if you are on metformin alone you are extremely unlike to get a hypo. On the other hand if you have had gliclazide or any ofthis class of drug it is a totally different story.

Reactions: ert

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As a type 2 if you are on metformin alone you are extremely unlike to get a hypo. On the other hand if you have had gliclazide or any ofthis class of drug it is a totally different story.
True but I am off all medications.. none whatsoever ... Stopped in November this year 3 weeks after I started on LCHF and the same week when I started ADF and haven't needed them ever since :):)