What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi all. 7.2 this morning. couldnt post as got up late for being picked up for my hand op. ended up with 15 stitches in the palm of my hand. you dont realise how much you use your hands until you cant! sorry for the lack of proper punctuation! 6.9 tonight

unwittingly posted this more than once but cant cancel or delete. how do i do it? 7.4 this morning after a very painful night
Sounds horrible Rosemary. Hope it heals quickly and gets less painful.

petrapcb

Mine was 5.8 this morning - I am diet controlled so much prefer to be under 5.4 for my fasting figure. But I often seem to be higher nowadays. I have no idea why. I went to bed at 5.7 (which I was very happy with) and had a good day carb-wise, so doesn't make much sense to me when I end up being slighter higher in the morning, and I checked twice. Ahh well. Happy Tuesday everyone...

Reactions: RoughcutAU

pre-predb

Mine was 5.8 this morning - I am diet controlled so much prefer to be under 5.4 for my fasting figure. But I often seem to be higher nowadays. I have no idea why. I went to bed at 5.7 (which I was very happy with) and had a good day carb-wise, so doesn't make much sense to me when I end up being slighter higher in the morning, and I checked twice. Ahh well. Happy Tuesday everyone...[/QUOTE Hi! I am similar to you, and was worried at first but came across the following video link which explains it very clearly.

petrapcb

Thanks @ianpspurs I am not sure I totally understand what he is saying here, but I get the gist of it. The more carbs we eat, we could simply have higher insulin resistance in the am, especially if I have a long fast, which I tend to do... I think... actually I am still confused, but does that sound right?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs I am not sure I totally understand what he is saying here, but I get the gist of it. The more carbs we eat, we could simply have higher insulin resistance in the am, especially if I have a long fast, which I tend to do... I think... actually I am still confused, but does that sound right?
Basically as I see it if'n you don't get glucose from carbs once you've burned up all the stored stash your body helpfully pumps some out in the morning anyhow (aka Dawny Babe?) so that you can stagger/sprint/twerk to the tea/coffee/protein shake maker/gym or just go hunt woolly mammoths. Saves all that unpleasantness of LC food until later:angelic:. Them's my onions anyhow. Ted Naiman - I'm not worthy to argue.:angelic:

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6.5 this morning but late night and stress :mad:

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi all. 7.2 this morning. couldnt post as got up late for being picked up for my hand op. ended up with 15 stitches in the palm of my hand. you dont realise how much you use your hands until you cant! sorry for the lack of proper punctuation! 6.9 tonight

unwittingly posted this more than once but cant cancel or delete. how do i do it? 7.4 this morning after a very painful night
I did wonder if you were a bit high after anaesthetic. I have had some wonderful, but strange hallucinations after surgery, and the analgesic potions after.:).
To delete a duplicate post, just go to the tools tab underneath post, there is an edit facility. You will be able to use that.
Hope you have a speedy recovery, @RosemaryJackson .

I am happy with a 5.9 today. Increased exercise, reduced food, and less than 50g carb is working some magic. Or perhaps that curve ball awaits, but no negative thoughts are allowed to creep in,

@Jaylee, I hope you have more stable levels now.

Reactions: karen8967