What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you sure you're not stressing each other out
I can't say for others but I can say how I felt when I was new to this forum .... this is perhaps the only thread I post regularly ti... I like to see the regulars posting here and some new ones coming and some others taking a break... I was thrilled to see some even remembered when I came back after a good 6 months... the bond is better in sharing here you see... we all know these numbers impact our psyche but to be able to share especially on bad days and get reminded of something obvious or to admit I have been naughty the night before and hence the uplift in number are things where I find this thread and members therein so supportive... nobody I have met here ever judges me for my choices and they would be spoilt for choice should they decide to look ...

All in all I think this thread and posts from regulars here is something that gets me back to the forum on a daily basis...

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 5.3
Contour 5.3
Gym this morning before work
I post every day to keep myself on track, My b/s is hard to control, none of the usual type 2 things affect it, nobody knows what does, I eat low carb but the only thing that really helps is exercise
Its not about being competitive, just doing the best we can, diabetes of any kind is a sneaky little so & so

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I post every day to keep myself on track, My b/s is hard to control, none of the usual type 2 things affect it, nobody knows what does, I eat low carb but the only thing that really helps is exercise
Its not about being competitive, just doing the best we can, diabetes of any kind is a sneaky little so & so
I can't thank you enough for that, for what I feel, is an honest appraisal of just how this condition affects you and precisely what you need to do to keep within range.

Thank you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 today just glad its a 6. I hope no new members feel disheartened by this thread. The way I see it we all have our individual target numbers we are trying to maintain and the beauty is we all support our individual wins and losses because we all know how it feels. We are all warriors.
Happy Wednesday everyone, don’t forget your brolly.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I decided to make my sticky toffee pudding yesterday, it can be made in advance, as I was getting so stressed out about whether my efforts would be good enough. So happy with the result, :) it looks as it should, really moist and sticky. Woke this this morning to FBGs of 5.0 and no stress. Can you credit it!

I find this thread so meaningful; it keeps me on track, gives me opportunity to offer encouragement to others when I can, but it also allows me to moan at times (sorry for that) when I am trying to understand why things aren't going so well. You guys offer so much support and encouragement without being judgmental. It's great. I don't post on any other social interfaces, so to me, this forum/thread is a bit of a lifeline. It certainly helps keep me on the straight and narrow and in touch with all things related to diabetes. Bless you all.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke this this morning to FBGs of 5.0
So it was stress afterall... and funny thing is there is no telling what can stress an individual... the other day I realised I was stressed simply because Music (our dog) was whimpering in his dream... my BG shot from 5.6 to 8.0 in space of 10 minutes and then after I gave him a cuddle and calmed him down it was back in Green equally quickly

RosemaryJackson

Afternoon all. Bit late today. Bedtime 9.1. AM 8.30, 8.1. I come on here to help me keep on track and get hints from others. I also list on 'what have you eaten today'. That also helps and I get recipes from that. Diabetes is the Demon who binds us together! That sounds very profound, doesn't it!! But it's true. I'm not sure I help anyone, but quite a few of you help me I'm happy to say and I'm very thankful for that.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
So it was stress afterall... and funny thing is there is no telling what can stress an individual... the other day I realised I was stressed simply because Music (our dog) was whimpering in his dream... my BG shot from 5.6 to 8.0 in space of 10 minutes and then after I gave him a cuddle and calmed him down it was back in Green equally quickly
I found my anxiety was less not cured but a tad less when I had my collie x. When he passed my anxiety got worse again, I cannot have dogs at the moment due to where I live, but cannot wait till I move then I can have loads! :happy: