What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Drum roll …..5.8 never thought I’d see a 5 again! Anyone would think its Christmas lol. And that was after dipping my hand into Mr PM’s bowl of crisps last night, only once I promise!! @DEBBIESCOTT I am hoping you will feel better after a couple of days on the antibiotics. Take care if you’re out and about folks.

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone, 7.8 at bedtime dropping to 7.4 this morning. I'll take that :) Frosty here in Nova Scotia -5c. We have weather warnings for today. A big weather system is bringing loads of rain, high winds and 9 c of warmth. I love these weather systems that come up from Florida, it feels like Florida has arrived on our doorstep.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Drum roll …..5.8 never thought I’d see a 5 again! Anyone would think its Christmas lol. And that was after dipping my hand into Mr PM’s bowl of crisps last night, only once I promise!! @DEBBIESCOTT I am hoping you will feel better after a couple of days on the antibiotics. Take care if you’re out and about folks.
Woo hoo well done it's a great feeling isn't it :)

Robert_D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates and lack of testing strips being supplied due to NICE rules.
4.0 on wake up. Still just on Metformin. 22 years diagnosed and am winning the battle. Now need to win the war!

Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you

Stephen Bond

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Bureaucracy. Poor quality. Boredom
Christmas fall off the wagon starts. Been up and down this week but most mornings 4.5 - 5.0 despite one before bedtime of 7.1 It was a doughnut!!!
This morning 5.4.... Before bed 6.9! It was the Thai meal and the rice! Weight down 1.5 kg this week though, so that is some comfort.
Will try and stay between 5 and 7 over Christmas 2 days... Then cut down again until New Year for a few days.