What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
BG 5.3 this morning. Happy bunny today, as tested my cholesterol and its down to 5.44! It has been 10 in the past so pretty impressed with that. Wish I could say I did this, that or the other to achieve it but nah! Haven't a clue why. :) Off for a walk in the wind - I hate wind.:bigtears:

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on this chilly -16c morning in Nova Scotia. 6.6 for me this morning down from 8.1 last night. I feel I am starving myself to get these figures and it is just not working for me. I feel utterly miserable. I have even put on a couple of pounds. :confused::bigtears:

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Can someone explain what happens during the night?
I am the exact same . Numbers good during the day them bam fbs high for me . As OP said DP is the culprit and I don't think mine like me . I can live with 1 high for me reading if all others are OK. I keep saying I must purchase a cgm and see when mine starts. I wake every morning at @ 5am for no reading so I'm guessing sometime around them. On another note 4.9 we'll done on them numbers

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some self referrals to NHS services but can't see anywhere where they are asking for money so short answer - No.
In reply to @Estragon.
Patient Access app for my surgery has all sorts of HCP services listed. Such as physio, podiatry. All for a fee.
i find my own. At least that way I know I am not cotributing to a revenue stream for the surgery that finds it difficult to offer appointments for regular diabetes checks, and when blood test results are in ignores rising HbA1c, but sends a text message to say eat less fat and take some exercise, because cholesteral levels are high.

Mod team. not wishing to be derailing. So will encourage any further discussion of this to go to a new dedicated thread. :bag:
Fellow thread contributing members. I am guilty of derailing , don’t join me. I must set a better example. :(
8.1 - 8.7 last night. I’m calling this my CarbPlateau. It’ll come down during the day.
Exactly what I am finding. Very high, like 8s and 9s waking fasting. During day low 5s. 7s and 8s very late night, early hours of morning.

This morning fasting higher than ever 9.6.
Not giving up just yet.. Starting Fast 800 keto today.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Exactly what I am finding. Very high, like 8s and 9s waking fasting. During day low 5s. 7s and 8s very late night, early hours of morning.
Sure. It's as if my profile doesn't/can't/won't fit what I should be expected in being a non-T2. I'm gradually coming around to accepting just what I've got and keep pushing for lower, notwithstanding I also have thanks to our NHS, medication, periodic health checks, eyes, toes and that all-important HBA1C - and of course this supportive Forum too ;) .

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I am the exact same . Numbers good during the day them bam fbs high for me . As OP said DP is the culprit and I don't think mine like me . I can live with 1 high for me reading if all others are OK. I keep saying I must purchase a cgm and see when mine starts. I wake every morning at @ 5am for no reading so I'm guessing sometime around them. On another note 4.9 we'll done on them numbers
Think my blood sugar has a party and thinks its hung over and needs to replenish "for me to get up and go" and chase the cave men lol

Melgar

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, yes. I am trying to avoid meds. Have Metformin for T2 atm. Don’t really want any more. Weary of it all now. Fast 800 keto is my last resort. Going to give it a go, starting tomorrow.
This morning 8.6 :bigtears:
I might be going down the med road too. Tried to decrease my carbs and add some exercises to bring down my sugars. I have succeeded in bringing down my blood sugars but now I am back with low blood sugars in the mid to low 3's . I can't win. And just to add insult to injury I have put on a couple of pounds of weight. Go figure.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
morning all, shock , an fbg of 8.5 . Hopfully it's just from stress . I have been up since 4am due to anxiety as I have an interview for a new role in my job so I'm putting it down to that . Fingers crossed that's all it is that the highest I've ever recorded. Have a good day everyone

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I went to 4.1 for 1 hour during the night -- after my small hypo -- but then it went to 4.6 at 12:39AM basically stayed there, with the normal small fluctuations. Woke up and it was still 4.6 before breakfast. These are all libre results