What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Davidn100

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been unwell for a few days and absent from forum. Felt weird last night and this morning, poor sleep and much reduced food intake over last week due to 2 dentals procedures and full on gum infection. Somehow managed a 7.2. Expected a hypo!

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning, but not really surprised. Its lunch club day, I always get a bit stressed out cooking for other people. Today I was making the dessert, I daren't even tell you what it was else I would have to hang my head in shame, carb fest extraordinaire. :bag:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning chums/Diabetes Massive. Swipey offered up 5.1 first off. Decent grouping if wrong side of 5 for my liking. @Davidn100 hug and also for @Estragon plus any others unwell. @PenguinMum Y'all know what day it is here :woot: how was FFFF? and typical of you to give good wishes. Top,top gel. As @DEBBIESCOTT - my guess your rest day is active rest.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG was 5.9 today. I don't mind seeing a 5.9 at breakfast but when bloods stay in that region all day, its a pain. Was 6.0 at lunch time which I didn't like, then I thought hang-on these are new strips, I wonder- lets try a new box. New strip showed 5.0 - what to believe - hey-ho. This game is really frustrating at times.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG was 5.9 today. I don't mind seeing a 5.9 at breakfast but when bloods stay in that region all day, its a pain. Was 6.0 at lunch time which I didn't like, then I thought hang-on these are new strips, I wonder- lets try a new box. New strip showed 5.0 - what to believe - hey-ho. This game is really frustrating at times.
Even if new strips are dodgy focus on the change of only .1 which probably means nothing. Don't sweat the small stuff - eyes on the prize.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all seemed like a good a place as any for a newly to ask. Why is the fasting one important. Not done many of them because only diagnosed type 2 for 6 months ago. Worst one today at 7.5 mmmm!!then there’s the dawn phananom that adds random amounts. What am i missing apart from a big chunk of Victoria sandwich cake
I'm sure there are relevant, technical reasons as to why keeping a tabs on fasting bloods is important, but for me it's simple, I find testing my bloods a useful way of keeping a check on what my bloods are doing and if higher than I want, I can adapt my foods to suit so it keeps me accountable. I also like to post on this thread because of the practical and emotional support it can offer. I know I get much more support from the folks on this thread, (even when we do get told off for being too verbose) than I have ever (don't hold your breath) received from any health care professional. So after all that, welcome to the thread :)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 4.4
Contour 4.9
I’ll never understand this
Work lunch at Nando’s yesterday, 4.4 before, had butterfly chicken with lemon & herb, corn on the cob, broccoli & slice of garlic bread, 2 hours later 8.9
Had a cup of tea, cheese & Brazil nuts 15 mins later 6, another 15 minutes later 4.3,
If b/s is ever too high eating a snack lowers it presumably by releasing more insulin, it’s exhausting
Enjoy your weekend everyone