What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
7.2 I don't normally eat after about 5pm but felt like eating later in the evening so though cheese was safe. Normally if I have cheese it will be straight after evening meal but this was mid-evening.
I find I can eat some things during the day, but if I eat them later on mid -evening I will get higher readings in the morning.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Morning All very glad to report 6.6 as poor nights sleep ensued, still too hot, I think the house bricks have stored the heat. Have a good day everyone.
Red brick notorious for retaining the heat. Apparently Sheffield steel was mixed in the bricks and resulted in a furnace in Summer and toasty in Winter. Hubbys house was the same.

KitSileya

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning. I'm still not over my cold, and I haven't kept track every morning, as I had to stay home from work a couple of days with a fever. I'm chalking my higher readings up to that, but it does make me nervous about my HbA1c test at the end of the month. I had hoped to show my GP that I can control my T2 with diet only, after such a horrendous reading last year made him very sceptical to my plans.

Grandma Misti

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
FBG 6.6

I have resisted weighing and measuring food and counting carbs for nearly 25 years in favour of a binary system - yes, that's OK, no, I don't eat that. Time for more refinement. I am now researching keto and carb counting.

It looks much easier now that I am old and rarely leave the house and eat the same things over and over.