What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 - Lively Five-Hive here. However, advice is sought.

OK, got my HBA1C for this October, 55.00, meah, up 5 points from June this year. Here's the run from 2 years ago:

20/09/2021 46.00 - Lowest ever!
14/07/2022 53.00 - Ugh, raised 7 points, not good.
12/06/2023 50.00 - Down 3 points, better direction. Start of my Cardio Bypass. During this period there was a short Insulin period.
09/10/2023 55.00 - Up 5 points, but now well into Cardio rehab. With more exercise, my appetite dwindled, and have lost nearly 16 kilos
Mildly depressed and not a little confused. Here's the thing: Medication Metformin plus now, Dapagliflozin (recent Wunderkind of Cardio/Diabetes); watching diet proof of which is my descending and sustained 6 or lower morning fasting; as a result of the QuadBypass a lot more exercise, workouts, and gradient walking. Question: What do I need to do to get back to that 46.00 of 2021?

All donations, of advice, will be gratefully and respectfully received.
4.8 here today. As for advice, @PenguinMum is correct. Adopt the Churchillian mantra and KBO - no, not Korean baseball.

Last edited:

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 5.2
No circuits today, fell down the stairs last night & injured shoulder, going to a&e this morning
Enjoy your weekend everyone
Keeping everything crossed for you

7.4 this morning! Disappointed. I ate exactly the same as yesterday (yes boring i know) The only difference is I had a minor op on my finger to remove a synovial cyst yesterday afternoon and a flu jab, but I feel fine and no pain from the finger :(

Just a thought and an edit to add…. I tested my BG again after I’d been down the garden and let the chickens out and it was still 7.4! Wondering if I should test as soon as I sit up in bed! I’ll try that tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Good morning
Libre 5.2
No circuits today, fell down the stairs last night & injured shoulder, going to a&e this morning
Hope you feel better soon, having fallen down the stairs a while back I know how painful it can be. Best place is a&e x

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 5.2
Ouch! Not a great start to your weekend. A fall like that really shakes you up. Hope you're prescribed effective pain relief at the A & E unit.