Type 2 What's the current soundtrack to you life ?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Danny Boy for me stirs my heart always...and Josh Grobins version of You Raise me up is very stirring...but defo not cheerful tunes.

Reactions: jjraak and ickihun

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Childhood memory traveling with my father in his lorry we used to go off for days, with him singing at the top of his voice two songs alternating between them One the Yellow Rose of Texas modern version not the racist one and two The Red Flag.

Both songs will remain with me till the day I die bye the bye he did not have a particularly good singing voice but I thought he was great.:)

Reactions: jjraak and ickihun

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS. Should just add more fun tunes for me would be Wham, ABBA but loved Spandeau Ballet in the 80s...Gold anyone?

Reactions: ickihun
D

Deleted member 308541

This is popular piece of music here at home, I have got nearly all of their audio cd's, I would like to get the dvd of this concert here at Westminster Abbey.

SKY - Hotta

They have a great version of Troika written by Prokofiev.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Tipetoo They were a favorite of mine as well and used to have a load of their albums until I lost them along with about 400 other LPs in a burglary,

Bye the way I did once meet John Williams dad Len when I visited the monkey sanctuary in looe Cornwall many years ago very nice bloke.

Oh and commiserations on the passing of Roger the giant kangaroo recently.

D

Deleted member 308541

They were a favorite of mine as well and used to have a load of their albums until I lost them along with about 400 other LPs in a burglary,
They are hard to get today, I did see Sky Volume 4 I think it was on Google Play a while back.
Bye the way I did once meet John Williams dad Len when I visited the monkey sanctuary in looe Cornwall many years ago very nice bloke.
I have several of John Williams cd's I like his classical guitar playing.
Oh and commiserations on the passing of Roger the giant kangaroo recently.
I had never heard his name before till yesterday actually, I knew there was big roo in the Territories but did not know his name.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a union man...

OMG ..mum and dad had an old tape recorder...big old job..reel to reel type.
that was the first song i ever recorded....blimey how old does that make me feel..Cheers..LoL:D

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loved that, @Tipetoo

Great movie ...must rewatch.
Alongside Electra glide in blue.

And to think i was waiting patiently for the parts to arrive to get the bike back on the road, now I'll be tapping my fingers impatiently, counting down the time till I'm back out and blasting around town....:yuck:

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Current soundtrack? I’m really enjoying Argentine tango these days, not great at dancing it yet but love to watch good dancers and listen to all the different types of modern tango music

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surprisingly nice, @paulmh.

Not normally a fan of dance music. ignoramus that i am..but misses loves it though, (ex ballerina)
but that just captivated me, love the silkiness of the singers voice and the that melody....Lovely.
that's going to be ringing in my ears at some quiet points today.

Now i've lost a little weight and training (ish :))... i feel i walk a little less 'graceless' and more like one of those martial arts guys..(LoL)....all sure footed and light on my feet...

But today, i may well be that sleek, swivelled hipped guy, ready to sweep a maiden off her feet at a moments notice.:happy:

Cheers for posting up.

Reactions: paulmh

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I want to clear my head, then my goto are Yamato, Wadaiko drummers from Japan.

New to me, so cheers for posting up..youtubed it and what pure theatre...Liked it.:headphone:

i've posted link here, hope you don't mind and that's a good choice ?

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m a Brit, I don’t do swivel hips! And when I started dancing I ASPIRED to have two left feet! It took a while to get to that level!

I’m not blessed with a deep technical appreciation of music, but what I like about being able to dance a little bit is that it kind of uncovers aspects to a song which I wouldn’t otherwise be able to find. I liken it to the difference between walking along a road, and then learning how to drive and driving along it. The thing itself doesn’t change, but my relationship to it does. For instance this is a song which I liked in a kind of non commital way, and then I danced it with my wife at a party and it just changed completely how I felt about it (a waltz, for the record)...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I prefer this one to the original by The Beatles. Again because of the emotions.

Just LOVE that version..so full; of passion and the right note of solemnity.

Off to Cemetery today, to pay respects.

the day of dads funeral, sad as it was, i wanted it to be a celebration of the man we all knew and loved.

this was the music leading out of the church, with his grandsons, carrying the coffin.(so proud of them)

don't listen often, as it still evokes a tear or two...but seemed appropriate today.

Reactions: paulmh
D

Deleted member 308541

The song is a version of our unofficial national anthem Waltzing Matilda, the lyrics for which were penned by Banjo Paterson on a track east of Winton, in Outback Queensland.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m a Brit, I don’t do swivel hips! And when I started dancing I ASPIRED to have two left feet! It took a while to get to that level!

I’m not blessed with a deep technical appreciation of music, but what I like about being able to dance a little bit is that it kind of uncovers aspects to a song which I wouldn’t otherwise be able to find. I liken it to the difference between walking along a road, and then learning how to drive and driving along it. The thing itself doesn’t change, but my relationship to it does. For instance this is a song which I liked in a kind of non commital way, and then I danced it with my wife at a party and it just changed completely how I felt about it (a waltz, for the record)...

Hahaha..:D.
Well it must be my Celtic genes, so i blame the moors and the spanish armada...;)

I like the way you think on that, re the music and i think i sort of understand it.

I guess, ( though i am no dancer i do always wherever we go dance with the wife, it is a crazy legged dad dancing i guess, but she seems to like me being her partner..)
personalising the song, and in your case 'Feeling' the music, means we invest more in the music, and perhaps discover what isn't immediately apparent..you know the way some song will just be 'LIKE' in your head, and others have to work a little harder to be a song you love.

Either way, it's clearly a song that you enjoy and i'm guessing your wife does too.

and now i'll try to consider more music in the same way you explain.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New to me, so cheers for posting up..youtubed it and what pure theatre...Liked it.:headphone:

i've posted link here, hope you don't mind and that's a good choice ?

Yes that’s a typical track. One thing I like is that the girls give it as much welly as the boys! If you are interested, I think they are touring the UK in the new year, unfortunately they will not be near us this time.

D

Deleted member 308541

Barron Knights - The Chapel Lead Is Missing.
A 10 foot ladder on his shoulder, heavy hammer in his hand, what mischief had he planned?
The Barron Knights were a quality act from the UK, I had most of their tapes at one time.