Type 2 What's the current soundtrack to you life ?

D

Deleted member 308541

Just gone from the ABC online radio station app, to Radio Caroline Flashback app and they were playing Jim Reeves - Marys Boy Child as it's still xmas in the UK.

Reactions: JohnEGreen
D

Deleted member 308541

I first heard this instrumental in the UK in December 1969, just before I moved here. It was played on Radio Caroline Flashback the other morning and again yesterday and it rang a bell it was The Liquidator.

When I searched for a video there was link to Google Play Music where they had the album going for $4.00. I snapped that bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Colin of Kent

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This was the first song I heard Seth Lakeman sing he writes a lot of songs based on the folk lore of Devon in particular of my home town Plymouth.

Reactions: jjraak

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak and others wheres this thread gone ?
anyway... due to an unexpected and rather short relationship with a loveley lady .which wouldnt have happened twelve months ago ..took control of my life through diet and lifestyle etc... just the title says it for me ....lifes a long song ...

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Holy post of thread revivals. :headphone:

An old thread.

But an update to the soundtrack of my life .

Recent far too close call, shocked to the core.

Like the adverts I wasn't laying there regretting the things I hadn't bought .

I was regretting the things I hadn't said to those I love most

Too tip .
Say it today.:)

Tomorrow isn't always guaranteed.

Heard this version of a fav song today

Posting here in the hope others may find it as pleasurable :)

Last edited:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spoonful with Cream. Black Sugar with gallStones. Sweet Virginia baccy, Smooth Velvet chocolate. Just a few of my favorite things consigned to the hypo recovery kit.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see that Vangellis has joined the big band n the sky.

Here's one of his little played pieces Conquest of Paradise.

I used to follow Aphrodites Child. One piece they did was an opus on The Revelation of St John called The Four Horsemen. I guess he now knows if it is faith ./ fiction. or something else.

Reactions: jjraak

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to follow Aphrodites Child. One piece they did was an opus on The Revelation of St John called The Four Horsemen. I guess he now knows if it is faith ./ fiction. or something else.
I might have a look for that later, there were a couple of Demis Roussos's songs came up on Prime Music a while back.
Smooth Velvet chocolate. Just a few of my favorite things consigned to the hypo recovery kit.
You need Hot Chocolate no doubt about it. :D