What's your weight loss today/this week?

titannia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lost 4.5lb this week and hubby lost 3lb. :p making a total loss so far for me of 2 and a half stones!
I am now 16st 5lb so only 5lb to my my next "stone"! I go to my practice nurse fortnightly to get weighed, im not paying for it when its free!!
When i have a low loss, i get the equivilent weight in butter or sugar out and carry it about for a bit, 1lb of butter is quite heavy and helps me to visualise what ive lost, a great motivator!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
The leader of one Slimming Club I went to, many years ago, used to use a packet of lard as her half-pound measure. Every pound off was "two more packets of lard!"

Really brings it home to you.

Viv 8)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I have put on 4-6 pounds in the last six weeks.

I blame the onset of winter - cold days and long nights.
My body is preparing itself for hibernation.
I also don't go for a walk in the evening to enjoy the sunset or just to enjoy the end of the day.
So my exercise is down.

My first winter for 18 months (in NZ this time last year) so it is a bit of a shock to the system.

However I know I can take the weight off again because I did it before, so it is not yet time to panic. :)

Cheers

LGC

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
After my weight loss when I had that virus, I had a seriously tough week or two and put on 6 lbs, I checked on Friday.
Popped on scales today and have lost 4lbs again. I think for those of us who are the "emotional eaters" weight loss can be a very up and down process (pun unintended) but I am gradually learning to let go of the me-bashing that I used to do when I had gone through a time of overmunching.

The obstacles are gradually (very!) falling away and my weight is slowly coming down..funnily enough I do the same as Titania and picture my weight loss pounds as pounds of butter- a lovely mental image! :lol: I am now 16 stone 6lbs, was 17.11 at diagnosis in June.

Getting there..! :clap:

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
By the time WW came around I registered a 2 lbs loss on the scales.

Got my 5% sticker so now working on the next 5%

I am really enjoying swimming at the moment even though it's Winter.

Banished the items of Xmas food already bought like twiglets and hula hoops to the shed. I know my willpower will gradually weaken otherwise.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stayed the same this week.

Not too bad considering I am more or less back to eating normally after having sore throat and chest infection.

Haven't been able to exercise as much this week but hopefully get back into it next week.

Need to try really hard this week as first hb1ac (since being diagnosed) due on Thursday.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
2lbs off since November 24th. Which, considering I have been living on soup and eggs for the last 5 days, is not fair! :lol:

Still - 2lbs is 2lbs! :wink:

Viv 8)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I've finally managed to shed another pound. Having lost 3 stone my weight loss has really slowed and every pound lost now is a real battle fought.

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WW again-lost another pound.

Looked up my weight for this time last year and I was exactly the same!
I've only just lost the 'lack of thyroid function' weight.

Oh it's so frustrating. It's Christmastime and I can feel my willpower slipping.......
I will NOT put on the weight I have just lost. I will NOT eat chocolate. Bah humbug!

Think not of the chocolate but the BG levels I keep telling myself. Go swim that pool.....

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I stayed the same again!

Well done Didie.

I can sympathise with you Sparkjack. I am beginning to feel the willpower fading again in the run up to xmas (posted another thread tonight about the amount of chocolate I have ate today :oops: )

I need to lose 4lbs to get to a round stone for xmas. That's been my aim for last 2 or 3 weeks now. It was achievable when I first aimed for it but a bit doubtful now.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
6lbs off since I last posted on December 4th :D . There is a silver lining to this tooth abcess!

It's been helped by the fact I'm on an anitbiotic that affects the liver, and even I am not stupid enough to ask my liver to cope with alcohol at the moment. :angel:

It's just been snowing again!

Viv 8)

alliebee

i am just starting, got to be very good as start on insulin on monday and i dont want to put on any
so watch this space.... :D

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
1lb away taking me down to 9 st 13 lbs. I wanted to get down below 10 st by Christmas and just scraped in.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done, Didie! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Viv 8)

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Didie. That's brilliant :clap:

I lost 2lb this week which is an improvement on last couple of weeks.

didie

Dislikes
That's excellent Choc - especially at this time of year. Well done :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
3lbs more off since last Friday (9th) :D .

This soup-and-eggs diet seems to work well for me. I have my usual 2-egg omelette cooked in butter for breakfast, a tin of soup for lunch (I can cope with chicken or mushroom, carb-wise), and either home-made or a commercial "fresh" soup for supper - a whole pack drunk slowly to fill me up. I've not been hungry at all, and I've lost 8lbs since Monday 5th.

I think I might try it again after New Year. The only drawback has been lack of fresh veg, but I can add in a salad when I can chew again.

Viv 8)

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's great Viv.

Think I might try it after New Year too.

Glad your extraction went well and hope you are feeling much better now. You will be able to enjoy Christmas now without worrying and suffering the pain :thumbup: