Why are my draft replies arbitrarily disappearing?

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
I mostly lurk but a few posts by new members have motivated me to share experience...except my responses always randomly disappear in draft phase with no way for me to recover - sorry I'm going back to not providing any input to forum. :(

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi oldgreymare and sorry to hear you have had problems posting, I think your problem is that you are clicking the "Save" button at the bottom of the Post A Reply window instead of the "Submit" button.

You will see what I mean when you next try to post something, just make sure that when you finish writing and are happy with your post you click the "Submit" button and your post will be posted to the forum :thumbup:

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
All is never lost for those who use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
You can download an addon called Lazarus.
You type out a long well thought out reply and for some reason it's lost ... how annoying is that!
Click on Lazarus and every post you ever made on a forum ... every email you ever typed out is there by date for you to copy and paste back to where yu wanted it.
For privacy you just empty it out now and then.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
jake60 said:
You type out a long well thought out reply and for some reason it's lost ... how annoying is that!
Click on Lazarus and every post you ever made on a forum ... every email you ever typed out is there by date for you to copy and paste back to where yu wanted it.

OK draft reply just disappeared again!!!!! Currently using Google Chrome - problem if I add smilie + return button - not touching save/ preview/ submit - just want new para! But draft disappears completely....

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
oldgreymare said:
jake60 said:

OK draft reply just disappeared again!!!!! Currently using Google Chrome - problem if I add smilie + return button - not touching save/ preview/ submit - just want new para! But draft disappears completely....
Your doing something right cos this post appeared.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ok so have just lost another detailed draft reply to another member's post... I press return to start new paragraph and entire message disappears with request to login, but main forum page shows me as already logged in - draft is nowhere?? so extremely confused? I want to contribute but this is my most bizarre internet experience to date!

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Even worse - don't want to bore forum members with IT posting issue so start PM to moderator. Made huge mistake _ I moved my mouse while composing message - it entirely diasppeared??? anyone else feel this is when you normally get your cybercrime professionals involved - not joking part of my day job... (-:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Is your computer generally ok otherwise ? Never heard of anyone else having these problems.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sid Bonkers said:
Hi oldgreymare and sorry to hear you have had problems posting, I think your problem is that you are clicking the "Save" button at the bottom of the Post A Reply window instead of the "Submit" button.

You will see what I mean when you next try to post something, just make sure that when you finish writing and are happy with your post you click the "Submit" button and your post will be posted to the forum :thumbup:

Hi Sid,
Seems my problem is draft disappears before I get I get to submit stage - where are these pre-drafts held?!

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mo1905 said:
Is your computer generally ok otherwise ? Never heard of anyone else having these problems.

MacAir - generally no problems. - haven't upgraded from Leopard to Lion yet but haven't any feedback that this should make a difference re internet other than response time - so why i'm so surprised also with my current issues. Unless anyone has unique google chrome feedback re browser performance?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Not sure but clearly some of your posts are getting through ! I use a Mac but have no idea why you would be suffering these intermittent issues. Sorry !
Mo