Moderator nominations for 2016 (Nominations close: 31/1/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is actually expected of a moderator?

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I also agree with quite a few that have posted that @Brunneria would be an exceptional choice.. I might be in trouble after this post but without her guidance and her absolute real genuine knowledge of everything that we cover on this website. She is careful and is good at describing how to tackle the finite details of low carbing and other aspects of blood glucose disorders. Ignore her protestations!

I have thought about becoming a mod, but at this present time, it is totally out of the question. I am going through family bereavement and with working commitments, I just have not got the quality time or wherewithal to contribute much at this present time.
I am totally blown away by the number of nominations and I thank you all for your trust and confidence.
I will be interested in what the set up is and I will be voting!
@zand is another who I have confidence in. As well as @Robinredbreast. @Robbity and @Enclave come to mind.

Reactions: 10 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Not entirely sure he'd like the job, but a more gentle soul and with words of wisdom in all of his posts, my vote would go to a "real" moderator who sees balance where others cannot, encourages and shares his wealth of knowledge so if he doesn't mind ? ..... @DeejayR

Reactions: 19 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not entirely sure he'd like the job, but a more gentle soul and with words of wisdom in all of his posts, my vote would go to a "real" moderator who sees balance where others cannot, encourages and shares his wealth of knowledge so if he doesn't mind ? ..... @DeejayR

Agreed. @DeejayR is nothing short of a fine upstanding fellow.

Good call Mike. :cool:

Reactions: 14 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thank you @Jaylee .... he has my respect, and as you said, a good good man

Reactions: 3 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of the many qualities I would expect from a moderator is impartiality. Therefore I nominate :

@sanguine
@zand
@DeejayR

all of whom in my short time here have always been courteous, fair, caring and generous with the sharing of their time and knowledge for the greater good

Reactions: 7 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Having given this some thought, I need clarificarion please @Administrator.

Is the procedure to be:

Nominations made by any member
Nominations scrutinised by current mods and admin
Any nominated deemed unsuitable or unworthy by current mods and admin excluded
Remaining nominees asked if they wish to stand
A poll of those nominated set up?

I think I have many more questions yet.

It's pretty simple:
  1. Nominations collected (we'll leave nominations open until next Friday)
  2. We'll collect the names, let people know they've been nominated, tell them more about being a mod (and subsequently at this point they can retract from being up as a mod)
  3. The user's history is looked at, yes - realistically, if you haven't been banned, spend time on the forum and are supporting others in their journey then all is good.
  4. A poll is then put up
  5. Votes collected
  6. :)
The mission statement is here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/our-mission.html

(The mission is simple - connecting people makes people better, but there's obviously more about that on the link!)

Reactions: 4 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What is actually expected of a moderator?

Help the forum to run smoothly and progress forward using these rules as a guide: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/ethos-forum-rules-updated-24-10-15.50278/

In particular: Come here with an open mind, read the posts. If you don't agree with something then ignore it or ask constructive questions. Do not disparage because it is not your opinion or way of doing things. If you find an error then correct it constructively. State your source for the correction so there is no doubt about it.

Reactions: 11 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Help the forum to run smoothly and progress forward using these rules as a guide: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/ethos-forum-rules-updated-24-10-15.50278/

In particular: Come here with an open mind, read the posts. If you don't agree with something then ignore it or ask constructive questions. Do not disparage because it is not your opinion or way of doing things. If you find an error then correct it constructively. State your source for the correction so there is no doubt about it.

Thank you @Administrator . I'm all for transparency so can you tell me if there would be any objection to nominees also being mods or admins at another forum which includes DCUK members?

Reactions: 2 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you @Administrator . I'm all for transparency so can you tell me if there would be any objection to nominees also being mods or admins at another forum which includes DCUK members?

If the nominee's current involvement extends to forums that either have or are harassing, bullying or displaying untoward behaviour towards members of this forum (or any other person for that matter), then they will not be put up for nomination.

If they're part of a forum that can't be described by the above, then they are totally welcome. It would be useful to know the current involvement with other forums simply for context and understanding time constraints.

This is a place for progress, moving forward and ultimately helping other people improve their health - and mods would naturally (perhaps intrinsically) share that vision. If you're down with that, we're down!

Reactions: 8 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If the nominee's current involvement extends to forums that either have or are harassing, bullying or displaying untoward behaviour towards members of this forum (or any other person for that matter), then they will not be put up for nomination.

[/QUOTE

Interesting, thank you for clarifying

Status
Not open for further replies.