Moderator nominations for 2016 (Nominations close: 31/1/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sitting here laughing. We have 15 nominations listed above, before any of today's additions.

When voting starts, we could end up with 15 nominees all having 2 votes (or whatever). Is it going to be like the Argentinian elections where each time the nominee with the lowest score drops off and we all vote again? It could go on forever!!

OK. I know that's really not what's going to happen............. Is it? :facepalm:

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sitting here laughing. We have 15 nominations listed above, before any of today's additions.

When voting starts, we could end up with 15 nominees all having 2 votes (or whatever). Is it going to be like the Argentinian elections where each time the nominee with the lowest score drops off and we all vote again? It could go on forever!!

OK. I know that's really not what's going to happen............. Is it? :facepalm:
Perhaps quite a few will drop out of the running when the procedure described by Administrator has been applied?

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If the new nominees are going to be elected by a vote, should not the current moderators also be nominated and elected democratically?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps quite a few will drop out of the running when the procedure described by Administrator has been applied?

I'm positive a few will drop out Pipp, one way or another. It was just my mind extrapolating things, in the way it does.....

(MrAB considers I'm never more dangerous than in my "just thinking" mode". :hilarious: )

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm positive a few will drop out Pipp, one way or another. It was just my mind extrapolating things, in the way it does.....

(MrAB considers I'm never more dangerous than in my "just thinking" mode". :hilarious: )
Fully understand, @AndBreathe, as that is precisely what I have been doing throughout this thread.

M

mrspuddleduck

I would like to nominate someone from the 3c forum - @mrspuddleduck for recently sticking up for all the little new subfora in an impressive (to me) way. I think she would be a good mod.

Also, for always being helpful and sensible
@zand
@dannyw
Thank you @Avocado Sevenfold ! To be rationally honest (rather than modest :D) I do think there are better people than me -this time ;) - there are several people I can think of who would be outstanding as mods. I'm not nominating them cos they have all ready been put forward. (Anyway think of poor @Administrator I would drive crazy, every time I moderated a post I'd be writing an essay explaining why!!:D:D

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Avocado Sevenfold ! To be rationally honest (rather than modest :D) I do think there are better people than me -this time ;) - there are several people I can think of who would be outstanding as mods. I'm not nominating them cos they have all ready been put forward. (Anyway think of poor @Administrator I would drive her crazy, every time I moderated a post I'd be writing an essay explaining why!!:D:D
Nonsense you would be great. It would be good to get explanations as to why posts are moderated. You could start a new helpful trend. :D

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If the new nominees are going to be elected by a vote, should not the current moderators also be nominated and elected democratically?

Progress encourages progress... one thing at a time.

M

mrspuddleduck

Thinking about it, I don't think I'd mind the balance of 'types' as moderators After all I don't think someone's type of diabetes would effect their ability to be fair, impartial and diplomatic which I think (in this scenario) is the priority. Xx

Reactions: 11 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This forum is huge and needs quite a few moderators and I think it's a brilliant idea that we are now allowed to nominate moderators. In time I think it could be a good idea to have moderators for different sub forums too.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thanks for posting that list in the OP @Administrator - makes it much simpler.

And it made me realise there are a few ppl missing who I think would be great:
@Mongolia
@Chook
@AndBreathe
@Andrew Colvin

I agree about the importance of T1 representation, but i am afraid I don't spend enough time on the T1 boards to make constructive suggestions.

But @Sucre Bleu springs to mind.
And @Dillinger
For some reason i thought Dillinger had already been nominated, but it must have been my imagination.

Once again, apologies to anyone who hates being nominated. You can send me rude PMs if think I deserve it. :D

Thanks @Brunneria for the vote of confidence but work takes up a huge amount of my time and my dogs get most of what's left so I'd have to (gracefui) decline. :)

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting that list in the OP @Administrator - makes it much simpler.

And it made me realise there are a few ppl missing who I think would be great:
@Mongolia
@Chook
@AndBreathe
@Andrew Colvin

I agree about the importance of T1 representation, but i am afraid I don't spend enough time on the T1 boards to make constructive suggestions.

But @Sucre Bleu springs to mind.
And @Dillinger
For some reason i thought Dillinger had already been nominated, but it must have been my imagination.

Once again, apologies to anyone who hates being nominated. You can send me rude PMs if think I deserve it. :D
Not really sure what I have been nominated for but thanks @Brunneria for considering me worthy:happy:. It'll be a bit like the Oscars right? Should I prepare a speech? Practise my red carpet walk?!

Status
Not open for further replies.