Moderator nominations for 2016 (Nominations close: 31/1/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the idea of voting for the mods but my concern is that there should be a balance of people with different types. Just because there are more Type 2 people here I would still want Type 1 to be well represented. I am aware that sometimes the Type 1 people feel a bit left out. Also we do need mods with experience of using Insulin as many people need help and support in that area, both Type 1 and Type 2.

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the idea of voting for the mods but my concern is that there should be a balance of people with different types. Just because there are more Type 2 people here I would still want Type 1 to be well represented. I am aware that sometimes the Type 1 people feel a bit left out. Also we do need mods with experience of using Insulin as many people need help and support in that area, both Type 1 and Type 2.
So nominate some T1s then :) This is your chance.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I would like to nominate someone from the 3c forum - @mrspuddleduck for recently sticking up for all the little new subfora in an impressive (to me) way. I think she would be a good mod.

Also, for always being helpful and sensible
@zand
@dannyw

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's pretty simple:
  1. Nominations collected (we'll leave nominations open until next Friday)
  2. We'll collect the names, let people know they've been nominated, tell them more about being a mod (and subsequently at this point they can retract from being up as a mod)
  3. The user's history is looked at, yes - realistically, if you haven't been banned, spend time on the forum and are supporting others in their journey then all is good.
  4. A poll is then put up
  5. Votes collected
  6. :)
The mission statement is here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/our-mission.html

(The mission is simple - connecting people makes people better, but there's obviously more about that on the link!)
Thank you, @Administrator .
This is exactly the clarification I was looking for.

To clarify for others my take on this:
I wholeheartedly support the idea of members electing mods. My misgivings were due to not knowing the method of selection. And now that the process of election has been made clear, will be happy to welcome whoever is elected.
Last point: please have the voting period longer than just a day or two. Give as many members as possible a chance to vote.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting that list in the OP @Administrator - makes it much simpler.

And it made me realise there are a few ppl missing who I think would be great:
@Mongolia
@Chook
@AndBreathe
@Andrew Colvin

I agree about the importance of T1 representation, but i am afraid I don't spend enough time on the T1 boards to make constructive suggestions.

But @Sucre Bleu springs to mind.
And @Dillinger
For some reason i thought Dillinger had already been nominated, but it must have been my imagination.

Once again, apologies to anyone who hates being nominated. You can send me rude PMs if think I deserve it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting that list in the OP @Administrator - makes it much simpler.

And it made me realise there are a few ppl missing who I think would be great:
@Mongolia
@AndBreathe
@Andrew Colvin

I agree about the importance of T1 representation, but i am afraid I don't spend enough time on the T1 boards to make constructive suggestions.

But @Sucre Bleu springs to mind.
And @Dillinger
For some reason i thought Dillinger had already been nominated, but it must have been my imagination.

Once again, apologies to anyone who hates being nominated. You can send me rude PMs if think I deserve it. :D

Oi! I saw that. All I can say is, it's just as well someone has already nominated you!.

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:p
I predict a rash of revenge nominations coming up!
Who shall we pick on next?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Administrator - Is it worth noting the current Mods in the header post, as I think @Jaylee is suffering from some memory loss!

(I'd say it was his age, but he's a whipper-snapper really......)

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.