Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hi all - as you can see, we've updated the forum and made a whole ton of changes. If anything's broken, missing or not working like you think it should, please post here and I'll do my best to get it sorted for you!

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all - as you can see, we've updated the forum and made a whole ton of changes. If anything's broken, missing or not working like you think it should, please post here and I'll do my best to get it sorted for you!

Thanks for that Giverny.

Is there a bit of a summary of the things updated (aside from the obvious look and feel), and any known issues, so that we're not inundating you?

The quick navigation button looks useful, so why not tell people about it?

There's little point hiding your light under a bushel - even if some of the changes came with the new platform? ;)

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Giverny I cannot find the search bar when I am not signed in. I am often too lazy to sign in. Will this be a permanent thing or will it be reinstated? Thanks.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Just like Sainsbury's - as soon as you get used to where stuff is, it's all moved around.

Reactions: 8 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
What's the difference between 'New Posts' and 'Recent Posts' - the view seems exactly the same to me.

Used to think that 'unanswered' threads was really useful, why has that gone?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK - so I've unleashed my inner UAT Tester.

When I go to my own page, and preferences, if I uncheck "collapse signature" and "collapse "user information.....", then Save Changes, I return a message saying my changes have been saved, but the checks reappear in the boxes and no changes occur.

First time I did this, my screen also reverted to the Red colourway, but subsequent iterations, the Mild variant "stuck".

Obviously these aren't user critical, but you did ask.......

I'd best get on with the piece of work I'm trying to complete today, or I'll have to invoice you, rather than my client. ;)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Giverny . I really like the new icons underneath the text boxes where there is such a range of responses you can use. I think these are really useful, especially the informative one. I also love having my legend back. Thank you. :)

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Wish all this applied to app users!!-lol..

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Giverny . I really like the new icons underneath the text boxes where there is such a range of responses you can use. I think these are really useful, especially the informative one. I also love having my legend back. Thank you. :)

I'm a champion now!

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hopefully with the new icons list people will stop "chatting" on inappropriate threads in response to others' posts :) (and use the emoticons instead) I know, I'm old and grouchy!

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It's.........err................different :wideyed:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I wanted to agree and also like on the same post, but it appears that I am unable to do so ?? are we only allowed one icon click per post ? Thanks.

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Also, no hug or wave icon ( emotion) which was asked for way back and still not here, this is my sad and disappointed emotion. :-( And a hug is very much needed for someone who is going through a difficult time and all so a wave to say hi/hello ..................................

Reactions: 8 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
What's happening to my avatar?. It keeps switching between my original and present image

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Noticed the green dot to show a members on-line status has disappeared, is this going to be reintroduced?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Also, no hug or wave icon ( emotion) which was asked for way back and still not here, this is my sad and disappointed emotion. :-( And a hug is very much needed for someone who is going through a difficult time and all so a wave to say hi/hello ..................................

We'll have a look at this one!

Reactions: 6 people