What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My advice FWIW would be to remove virtually all carbs. If you keep trying to see which you can eat without a large impact on your BG, you'll end up going around in circles and your levels won't improve hugely. I would (and did) go very low carb for a while, see the results in lower BG levels, and when you reach a stage where your levels are non-diabetic constantly you can start to experiment by adding a small amount back into your diet and testing the response.

Just my experience.

Well i've been eating fish or chicken with vegetables mostly, before dinner my BG was 5 and after it was 5.6 it's been pretty close to that most days :) apart from the granola but at least i know not to eat it again.

Reactions: 4 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi i had boiled Bass Fish with boiled Courgette, Peppers and Mushrooms, before my BG was 5.0 after it was 5.6

Reactions: 6 people

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've read porridge is good for lowering sugar levels it has good carbohydrates which are high in soluble fibres, i can only try it and test for myself and see :watching:
Doesn't work fir me. BG just spikes later

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had an orange this afternoon - which was around 30g carbs - but it was good! The day's total so far is 58g, so in the grand scheme of things, not too bad?

Reactions: 5 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Everybody

B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. 2 slices of ham and a slice of corned beef

D. Scrambled egg with tomatoes and mushrooms

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I got to start doing a food diary with how much carbs I'm eating. Could anyone tell me how many carbs are in one of them lidi HP rolls please.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Everybody

B. Raspberries and Greek style yoghurt

L. 2 slices of ham and a slice of corned beef

D. Scrambled egg with tomatoes and mushrooms
Do you not get hungry eating so little?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @s.sollis I use myfitnesspal.com to keep a food diary. It helps me to monitor my carbs, calories and weight loss progress. I must admit I usually eat more than I have done today. I think today was quite unusual

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @s.sollis I use myfitnesspal.com to keep a food diary. It helps me to monitor my carbs, calories and weight loss progress. I must admit I usually eat more than I have done today. I think today was quite unusual
Oh right, I would be so hungry if I just ate that. Are you trying to lose weight?

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I got to start doing a food diary with how much carbs I'm eating. Could anyone tell me how many carbs are in one of them lidi HP rolls please.

This link will tell you :) http://nuutrii.com/article/lidl-protein-bread-rolls-review i had one the other day wild cheese and sweet pickle my BG before was 6.8 after it was 6.1 not sure how it went down lol

Reactions: 6 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all
BG reading before breakfast 6.3
Breakfast Poached egg / 1 tomato/ mushrooms on half a lidl roll.
Lunch Tin mackeral fillets in tomato sauce. 1oatcake with 1 triangle of laughing cow cream cheese.
BG reading 2 hrs after lunch 6
Dinner Chicken stir fry with noodles.
[Daughter made this and forgot to omit the Hoi sin sauce off mine] ate it though !!!!!
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 7.2 [ probably the sauce that spiked it up a bit.:eek:

Reactions: 4 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you LOL
LOL . Never met a dietitian yet who didn't recommend that Eatwell plate diet - the diet that insists on carbs with every meal and which raised my BG to late 20s/ early 30s.