What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@s.sollis I think you need to start a new thread to get support from people more experienced with your difficulties. I looked at the forums and there is one called diabetes discussions which is for support with diabetic problems. Why don't you start a new thread there, maybe you could title it support needed. Just an idea.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 5.1 - I wish I'd found out about this Blood Sugar Diet a few months ago!

Breakfast: Asda Full Fat Yoghurt with a teaspoon sugar free gingerbread syrup

Lunch: Bacon, egg and mushrooms

Dinner: Home made lamb 'kebab' (lamb rump steak marinated in white wine, garlic, lemon, thyme, rosemary and oregano) griddled and served with some celeriac oven chips and a large kebab shop style salad: (shredded red cabbage, white cabbage, little bit of red onion and some coarse grated raw beetroot). I'm going to experiment with making a low carb/calorie kebab shop style garlic sauce with yoghurt.

A bit of an odd dinner but I'm trying to use up all the leftover stuff in the fridge before going on holiday.
I'm going to have to try that home made kebab, sounds lovely:)

Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm going to have to try that home made kebab, sounds lovely:)

It was really yummy! I used to love a kebab occasionally and really missed them but this home made version was better than shop bought. I might also try it with chicken breast.

Reactions: 6 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It was really yummy! I used to love a kebab occasionally and really missed them but this home made version was better than shop bought. I might also try it with chicken breast.
I'm doing a food shop tomorrow so will get the ingredients:)

Reactions: 5 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I hope you find the meter as interesting as I do... in fact, I've been accused of obsessing over my numbers!! I really enjoy testing when I know my numbers are going to be low... :) It makes a huge difference to the way you live and eat though, I found... you may find yourself surprised at the things that do, or do not, affect your blood glucose though... fascinating really... I like your omelette... love the gooey cheese... lush... just think of all the things you can eat which you have been denying yourself for years!! Check out fat-bombs - little mouthfulls (?) of chocolate, fat and nuts - or anything else you wish to put into them... peanut or almond butter maybe? :) And good for you... I eat them when I don't have time to sit down for a meal, or if I'm flying somewhere and am running to the airport as usual.... brilliant, and delushious... :) ibreatheimhungry.com is another wonderful site crammed with luscious things to eat with no sugar or carbs....
It'll be interesting to see what I can and can't tolerate, that is for sure. The omelette is great with cheddar, I'm personally not such a fan of other cheeses in omelettes. Those fat bombs make me think of ferrero rocher ;-) Thanks for the tip, I will check them out. I once made cashew nut paste in the food processor, guess I could do the same with other nuts, shape into balls, cover in good quality chocolate and then sprinkle with crushed nuts (sounds dodgy but you know what I mean!). I'll have a look at that site now!

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday....

Broke my Fast at 25.25 hours with Roast Pork Belly, Cauliflower Mash, Cabbage & Sugar Snaps with loads of Gravy.

It's weird prior to eating I had no hunger whatsoever and could have gone longer, but after eating I could have eaten a horse.

RobPL

Today so far had a flax muffin, a slice of low carb choc cake and some cheddar crisps. For dinner I'm having chicken stir fried with Madras paste and chopped chillies.

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday...
B handful of raspberries and cream, coffee and cream
L tuna mayo and celery sticks
D home made melanzane parmigiana (one of my true loves but would seldom make it before due to it being high fat lol!!!)

BG 5.6 two hours after dinner, FBG 4.8 this morning. Happy days:). Also measured my waist and I've lost 2 inches...doing a little dance:D

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. 2 eggs with celeriac oven chips - these were delicious!

D. Some red salmon with vinegar. 2 ugg foods chia seed low carb cakes with a blob of cream.

The hit of the day was definetly the chips. :)

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

D. Some red salmon with vinegar. 2 ugg foods chia seed low carb cakes with a blob of cream.

How do you make the chips? Might have to buy a celeriac tomorrow. I've never tasted it before, what sort of flavour is it? :)

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: coffee with cream
L: actimel drink, pickled egg, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, lambs lettuce and water cress. 1 rice cake.
Had hypo at 3pm so had orange juice and a slice of toast with jam, went down to 3.7. Only symptoms through was feeling a little shaky.:hungover:
D: 3x fish fingers, salad.
If feeling hungry later almonds and couple of kiwis. :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@s.sollis it doesn't have a strong taste. When cooked it had a slight taste of celery. I used the recipe for celeriac oven chips from the bbc good food website. I'm sorry I can't do link I'm not very good at it.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@s.sollis it doesn't have a strong taste. When cooked it had a slight taste of celery. I used the recipe for celeriac oven chips from the bbc good food website. I'm sorry I can't do link I'm not very good at it.
That's ok I will go on there and find it. I like celery so I should like this. Thank you :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hello Everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

They're great aren't they. Sometimes it's the simple, everyday things that are most satisfying.

pyotrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B : Bacon, eggs, mushroom, tomato
S : Scratchings
D : Roast beef with florets of broccoli and cauliflower

2 squares of dark chocolate 81% cocoa from Lidl
Double Jack Daniels!

Reactions: 6 people

Sallies

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Greek yogurt with walnuts, flax, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and gogo berries.
L. Lettuce, cucumber, celery, beetroot, tomatoe, pumpkin seeds, 2 eggs, cottage cheese.
D. Chicken, mash sweet potato, sweetcorn, green beans, carrots and split lentil gravy.

Still on my first week of being diagnosed with type 2.

Reactions: 10 people

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Greek yogurt with walnuts, flax, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and gogo berries.
L. Lettuce, cucumber, celery, beetroot, tomatoe, pumpkin seeds, 2 eggs, cottage cheese.
D. Chicken, mash sweet potato, sweetcorn, green beans, carrots and split lentil gravy.

Still on my first week of being diagnosed with type 2.

Thats brilliant especially for your first week :)

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Brekkie: one toast and alpro yogurt
Lunch: boiled egg, graze protein box and a low carb lemon cookie
Din: slim water pasta and chicken in homemade pasta sauce.
Not sure on the pasta i rinsed it loads and i found it quite rubbery nevermind!

Reactions: 7 people