What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
S.Sollis if you want to be added to my facebook page let me know, I love posting funny cat stuff.
Yeah that would be good. I'm xxxxxxxxxxxxx my profile pictures is my little black cat sat on a table. :cat:

Moderated to remove name. Please PM any personal details.

Last edited by a moderator:

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cup of tea, actimel drink
L: cod, soya beans and vegetable made into cous cous which was horrible.
D: stuffed mushroom
S: Pepsi max, water and a whole bunch of painkillers as got a really bad back!!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello yesterday's food diary
B. Raspberries and cream
L. Olives with garlic, spoonful guacamole and 2 mini bel

D. Lamb steak with spinach and mange toute. Skyr yoghurt with spoonful of blueberries and topped with milled linseed, pumpkin and sunflower seeds with goji berries.

Reactions: 2 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Im wanting a substitute to pepperoni and cheese bread roll. Anyone got any suggestions what to wrap around the pepperoni and cheese? Somedays I just want handheld foods.
Edit should have said Im watching calories as well as carbs.
A lettuce leaf?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Im wanting a substitute to pepperoni and cheese bread roll. Anyone got any suggestions what to wrap around the pepperoni and cheese? Somedays I just want handheld foods.
Edit should have said Im watching calories as well as carbs.
Low carb wraps. Josephs are the tastiest, I found. :)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IAnyone got any suggestions what to wrap around the pepperoni and cheese?

Nothing.

Either wrap the Cheese around the Pepperoni, or the Pepperoni around the Cheese.

That's the kind of Sandwich I have.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday was:

B: Scrambled Eggs & Bacon
L: Smoked Salmon with some Salad Leaves and blob of Cream Cheese
S: Mini Vegetable Samosa
D: Roast Chicken, Cauli Mash, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage
Raspberries with Shavings of 85% and Double Cream

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Berry Yoghurt and Oatbran
B Beef Sausage & 2 eggs 1 x toast
S Full Cream Coffee
L Shaved Chicken ans Cheese
S Full cream Coffee
D Beef Tacos with Cheese,Tomato and Lettuce (Used Lettuce instead of Taco Shells) Excellent!

Little over on the Carbs @64g - Found Low Carb Bread @10g and Lower Carb Yoghurt @ 11g will cut 15 g from todays food

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Anyone tried to buy soya flakes in uk. Amazon or anyone on-line?

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: cup of tea, actimel drink
L: cod, soya beans and vegetable made into cous cous which was horrible.
D: stuffed mushroom
S: Pepsi max, water and a whole bunch of painkillers as got a really bad back!!
Couscous, quinoa and the like all need flavour adding to them. When you cook them dont add just water try stock. Add herbs and spices. They are there for the fiber not their taste. They are also not low carb so watch their amounts on your blood glucose level (potatoes are 17g couscous are 23g per 100 )

Last edited by a moderator:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Yesterday Sunday BG reading in morning 6.2
B poached egg / mushroom / tomato / 1slice of burgen bread.
L Mackeral fillets in tomato sauce / red water melon
D 3 slices of grilled dry cured smoked bacon / cauliflower/ green beans / carrots / mushroom. Ate the last of the no sugar jelly with whipped cream / vanilla essence / and raspberries.
BG reading 2hrs after dinner 4.6

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
If it's useful for anyone, the coconut, chicken and pumpkin dish I made yesterday was nice. I was in "use up leftovers" mode so don't have an exact recipe but it went something like this:

I heated some chicken fat from the previous day's roast and fried some onion and garlic. Then I added 500 g of frozen pumpkin cubes which I allowed to heat gently. Then I started adding spices (generic yellow curry powder, dried ginger (didn't have any fresh), cinnamon stick, chicken stock cube), then some cooked chicken breast (leftovers from my roast), enough coconut milk to coat everything and then more of the same spices to taste. The pumpkin went a bit mushy so maybe that can be added in later but it tasted good.

There are also other variations on the web.

Also tried making coffee panna cotta without sugar and with a couple of squares of 98% choc whisked in. I'd leave the chocolate out next time and look into using sweeteners!

Reactions: 8 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it's useful for anyone, the coconut, chicken and pumpkin dish I made yesterday was nice. I was in "use up leftovers" mode so don't have an exact recipe but it went something like this:

I heated some chicken fat from the previous day's roast and fried some onion and garlic. Then I added 500 g of frozen pumpkin cubes which I allowed to heat gently. Then I started adding spices (generic yellow curry powder, dried ginger (didn't have any fresh), cinnamon stick, chicken stock cube), then some cooked chicken breast (leftovers from my roast), enough coconut milk to coat everything and then more of the same spices to taste. The pumpkin went a bit mushy so maybe that can be added in later but it tasted good.

There are also other variations on the web.

Also tried making coffee panna cotta without sugar and with a couple of squares of 98% choc whisked in. I'd leave the chocolate out next time and look into using sweeteners!
This will work for any squash not just pumpkins. I use Butternut squash alot. Sounds yummy.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For budget tight, home cooks nut milks are extremely easy to make yourself. Amond milk is pre soaked (overnight in water) almonds Coconut milk is fresh coconut. Place in a food processor with at least 2 cups of water blitz until all the chunks are tiny and the water looks milky. Strain and volia instant nut milk no added sugar. Keep the "waste" nut to put into your cooking as extra fiber or bake and grind into nut flour. Youtube is your friend if you need more instructions.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Yesterday
B - Chicken strips and celery sticks
L - Sauerkraut 500 g
D - Roast Turkey with all trimmings , swapping roast potatoes for roast celeriac.
S - Sugar free Jelly and a couple of kit kats.

Reactions: 11 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - fasting til noon L Egg Bacon tomatoes D Chicken + Squash Curry (thanks Rosbif)

Reactions: 10 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Couscous, quinoa and the like all need flavour adding to them. When you cook them dont add just water try stock. Add herbs and spices. They are there for the fiber not their taste. They are also not low carb so watch their amounts on your blood glucose level (potatoes are 17g couscous are 23g per 100 )
Yeah, it wasn't proper cous cous, it was all different vegetables grated to look like cous cous. It's ready made from Tesco. :)