What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2xSoft Boiled Egg, 1 Slice of German Rye Bread, lots of Tea
L: Smoked Salmon, Salad Leaves, Cream Cheese, EVOO & Raspberry Vinegar
S: BabyBel
D: Sirloin Steak with Coleslaw and a Mixed Salad with Feta...............Cotes du Rhone x lots......Strawberries with grated 85% and Double Cream.

Like the sound of those strawberries with grated chocolate - I'll steal that idea. Also Cotes du Rhone x lots :p

PosyPip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - fried mushrooms and eggs
L (course caterers) butternut squash and chickpea curry with salad. Berries.
D Almonds and avocado
S - sauvignon blanc

Haven't kept track of the carbs, but with cake, rice etc , I made some good choices, so I'm pleased

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

I had some Sukrin bread for breakfast, spread with Whole Earth peanut butter and homemade lemon curd. It tasted really decadent, but it's totally sugar-free and it's only 7g of carbs!
Yummy..........
:)

Reactions: 2 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Fridays fare
B lidl roll / peanut butter / cinnamon
L 1 pkt pork scratchings a few mixed nuts
D egg and tonge salad / coconut yogurt / raspberries

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I had some Sukrin bread for breakfast, spread with Whole Earth peanut butter and homemade lemon curd. It tasted really decadent, but it's totally sugar-free and it's only 7g of carbs!
Yummy..........
Hi debrasue, can you share the recipe for the homemade lemon curd please sounds delicious also I love peanut butter. Where do you get the sukrin bread from .

Blitzie

B - nothing
L - sour cream & chive scone,2 slices of smoked ham & cucumber
D - Cajun chicken breast with salad. Lava chocolate mud cake with a scoop of oppo icecream.
Snacks - Pork scratching & a packet of cheetos.

Reactions: 6 people
D

debrasue

Hi debrasue, can you share the recipe for the homemade lemon curd please sounds delicious also I love peanut butter. Where do you get the sukrin bread from .
I buy the Sukrin bread mix from Amazon - it's quite expensive, but I make it up as 16 individual rolls and then cut each roll into 4 slices, so it's not so bad... And it's the easiest thing in the world to make - you simply mix it up 50/50 with water (1kg bread mix 1 litre of water). The baked rolls freeze well, too.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sukrin-Sun...65058311&sr=1-1&keywords=sukrin+bread+mix+1kg

I've just created the thread Sugar-free Lemon Curd on the Food, Nutrition and Recipes forum. (And the photograph also shows one of the Sukrin rolls.)
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sugar-free-lemon-curd.102466/#post-1170823

If you like peanut butter, have you ever tried it on low-carb toast (Sukrin bread, or Nimble's not too bad, 8.1g carbs per slice) with slices of fresh kiwi fruit on the top? Scrumptious!
Hope you enjoy it.
Hugs x

Last edited:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yummy..........

Sounds like a winning recipe @debrasue - would love you to share it. Then I could have a slice of LivLife bread, proper butter and lemon curd ... heaven

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: Camomile tea.
L: nothing.
D: bacon, lettuce and cherry tomatoes with mayo.
S: spiced tea, pork scratchings.

D

debrasue

B: Sukrin roll with peanut butter & homemade lemon curd
L: Iceberg lettuce, hummus, ham, hardboiled egg
D: Belly pork (rubbed in the spices @Galja used for spiced almonds, plus some lime juice), broccoli, mushrooms; strawberries & coyo

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you feeling any better today, Sian?
Hi, yes I do thank you. I've managed to get out for 3days on the trot. Walking quite a bit, so have sore legs but its good pain that means I'm using muscle. Still having trouble with my tummy, but I saw the pancreas surgeon on Thursday and I have to start a new pill that acts like the enzymes that the pancreas produce to digest food. As my pancreas is so damaged that my enzymes are going out at the wrong place. So hopefully start that next week. Also got pain clinic on 28th.
How are you? Xx

Apologizes for going off subject.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: egg, bacon, potato hash, good coffeencream
D: lc moussaka
S: 3 slices smoked cheese

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B bacon and scrambled egg in peace as kids were still in bed. Heaven!

S awfully posh potk scratchings

L sausages

D ribeye steak and lettuce. Fat bomb. 260ml Diet Pepsi. (Was either that or wine!)

Fast 4 tomorrow.....

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: very fancy Eggs Benedict with Lobster & bacon. Restaurant reluctantly changed muffin for spinach, super tasty
L: skipped it
D: chicken pesto feta and olives in double cream - my fav LCHF recipes. With chees n biscuits
S: 4 squares of 85% choc at cinema while waiting Me Before You

Bedtime BG 5.8 which makes me happy!

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I buy the Sukrin bread mix from Amazon - it's quite expensive, but I make it up as 16 individual rolls and then cut each roll into 4 slices, so it's not so bad... And it's the easiest thing in the world to make - you simply mix it up 50/50 with water (1kg bread mix 1 litre of water). The baked rolls freeze well, too.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sukrin-Sun...65058311&sr=1-1&keywords=sukrin+bread+mix+1kg

I've just created the thread Sugar-free Lemon Curd on the Food, Nutrition and Recipes forum. (And the photograph also shows one of the Sukrin rolls.)
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sugar-free-lemon-curd.102466/#post-1170823

If you like peanut butter, have you ever tried it on low-carb toast (Sukrin bread, or Nimble's not too bad, 8.1g carbs per slice) with slices of fresh kiwi fruit on the top? Scrumptious!
Hope you enjoy it.
Hugs x
HI thankyou for your reply will be making this week will let you know how I get on also making the scones and will buy some sukrin bread mix too. Great something new to try. :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Saturdays fare
B 1 scrambled egg / 1 slice of wholemeal bread
L Tongue salad / coconut yogurt / blueberries / raspberries
Snack 1 homemade bounty truffle
D Mushroom soup / 1 slice burgen bread with best butter / 6 strawberries / 5 slices banana / double cream [ this was an experiment BG reading 2hrs after dinner 4.8 Happy with this ]

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Tomato and a slice of German Rye. Tea.
L: Handful of Nuts, Babybel.
D: Prawns cooked in Garlic Butter with Avocado slices. Cod panfried with chorizo and tomatoes, pea puree, green beans and brocolli. 2 squares 85%, Stilton with 2 Carrs water biscuits. A bottle of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc and then a bottle of Cotes du Rhone (shared)