What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a look at that coconut yoghurt some of you are raving about but was shocked when I looked at carb content - think it was about 15g/100g. Does it not spike you guys? X

----------
Borderline T2, serial yo-yo dieter but firmly sticking to LCHF with IF

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a look at that coconut yoghurt some of you are raving about but was shocked when I looked at carb content - think it was about 15g/100g. Does it not spike you guys? X

----------

Do you mean Coyo? The vanilla one has 0.5g carbs per 100g so less than 1g per pot. Some of the other flavours have more - raw chocolate has around 4g per 100g. Not as bad as you think ...?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you mean Coyo? The vanilla one has 0.5g carbs per 100g so less than 1g per pot. Some of the other flavours have more - raw chocolate has around 4g per 100g. Not as bad as you think ...?

Oh that sounds much better! Maybe I looked at the wrong one then. Back to the shelf I go again!!! X

----------

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh that sounds much better! Maybe I looked at the wrong one then. Back to the shelf I go again!!! X

----------

They are really tasty I think too. The vanilla is actually my favourite, and the least carbs. The choc is a bit 'raw', hope you find them - they've become a good staple of mine - so much so I'm taking 3 weeks supply when I go to France in August

Reactions: 4 people

PNJB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stole an idea from here, and for breakfast, munched 3 sticks of celery (150g) spread with 30g total Brussels Pate. Delicious!!! (and only 2 1/2 carbs)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
L: wild salmon, salad, boiled egg, small piece of cheese, 4 tiny pieces of Lindt 99% chock:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

4/6/16: Best BP 112/64....yeah!!

Jane!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday:
B- toasted lidl protein roll with smoked salmon & avocado mashed with lime & chillis
L- garlic chicken salad with pumpkin & sunflower seeds , a few sundried tomatoes, olives, 1.5 squares of Lindt 90% choc & a handful of almonds
D- scrambled egg, smoked salmon, courgettes, asparagus, kale, mushrooms , 1/2 a lidl roll , strawberries & cream & a small Sauvignon blanc!

Plus some unsweetened soya yoghurt & a few raspberries before bed ( was a bit low)
Approx 48g in all (& very tasty!)

D

debrasue

B: Sukrin bread with peanut butter & homemade lemon curd; blackberries
L: Small piece of very ripe Camembert (yum!), cherry tomatoes, cucumber, strawberries, celery with hummus
D (will be): Roast pork, crackling, mixed salad; black cherries
Carbs: 35g

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
D: nice organic chicken breasts, cabbage and broc and a few berries - straw and blue.

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

4/6/16: Best BP 112/64....yeah!!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fast day 4 in the bag!
D chicken stuffed with pesto and cream cheese, runner beans and kale. It was amazing!!!!

Got a coyo for dessert later. At £2 a tiny pot, it had better be good!!

----------

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Fast day 4 in the bag!
D chicken stuffed with pesto and cream cheese, runner beans and kale. It was amazing!!!!

Got a coyo for dessert later. At £2 a tiny pot, it had better be good!!

----------
Yes expensive, but definitely worth it. Enjoy! :)

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cup of tea.
L: water.
D: pork scratchings, cup of chia latte tea.

Far too hot to eat, maybe some cheese and low carb crackers when it cools down a bit. :bored:

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You know those days you can't stop eating ....

B: bacon sandwich - with LivLife bread. Greek yoghurt and raspberries
L: maybe I skipped it - can't remember ...
D: 2 chicken breasts with bacon/cheese from Waitrose - asparagus. Cheese cheese and more cheese with charcoal biscuits
S: some chocolate (want more)

Washed down with an amazing Shiraz

And my brain says I'm still hungry. BG 5.3 now so resisting more food - I don't need it :)

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Cup of tea
L: Half a green pepper (capsicum) cut into strips with which to scoop hummus into my gaping maw. Followed by tinned mackerel fillets with 4-bean salad and a small amount of extra mature cheddar. Pear. (I was hungry, as I'd spent the morning painting a stage set for my local am-dram group)
D: Roast chicken with riotously colourful salad and 1.5 small Jersey Royal potatoes (I know, I know, but JRs are the best potatoes on the planet); 3 x tbsp. Greek yoghurt with berries (straw-, rasp- and blue-) and assorted nuts. Still stuffed 3 hrs later.

Self-obsession update: Reached my once wildly aspirational target weight (9st 3lbs) about 6 weeks ago, and it's remained stable, despite my eating a few more carbs (and calories) than usual in that period. Have largely ditched breakfast and haven't noticed any negative side effects, so I aim to continue, as I'm sure the fasting period each day is doing me good. All the other positive side-effects documented in my other posts remain. I now aim to become a zen master and live forever.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The coyo was yum - only had half of the choc one - will have test tomorrow. Thinking I could have a go at making my own with Turkish yoghurt and cacao with sweetener...gotta be worth a try.

----------

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The coyo was yum - only had half of the choc one - will have test tomorrow. Thinking I could have a go at making my own with Turkish yoghurt and cacao with sweetener...gotta be worth a try.

----------
Where do you get CoYo, Deb (if I may call you that without seeming too presumptuous)?

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, didn't even have the cheese and crackers! I will probably eat every thing in the house tomorrow though. :hungry:
No, you won't, I'm sure. Have a hearty breakfast and you'll be back on track. I'm aiming for some kind of 'serene' today. :)