ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't think I have weight loss this week. I'll weigh myself in the morning. We'll see.
I stopped r-ala supplement due to waiting for new batch to arrive. I'll restart it soon.
Coincidence?

Reactions: 6 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't think I have weight loss this week. I'll weigh myself in the morning. We'll see.
I stopped r-ala supplement due to waiting for new batch to arrive. I'll restart it soon.
Coincidence?
I'm 128.40kg so I've added about 3lb from my woman's do dar. That's normal and ok. I can live with that. I might still weigh myself on monday to see if its gone as that was my normal weigh-in day.
Seeing locum on wednesday about hormone tests as to whether pcos is back or starting the menopause. I cannot tell. My throid is up and down thou.
Neither wonder my weigh loss is too.

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I'm 128.40kg so I've added about 3lb from my woman's do dar. That's normal and ok. I can live with that. I might still weigh myself on monday to see if its gone as that was my normal weigh-in day.
Seeing locum on wednesday about hormone tests as to whether pcos is back or starting the menopause. I cannot tell. My throid is up and down thou.
Neither wonder my weigh loss is too.

Keep your chin up....:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

Myangelsmom

OHMIGOSH!!! Okay, it's Saturday, and I weighed in yesterday already, I know... But TODAY I am down again... OFFICIALLY down THREE STONE since Feb!!! (3st0.6lb to be precise)

YIPPEE!!!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
One day ..... lost nothing since being diagnosed but never been so active

Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
OHMIGOSH!!! Okay, it's Saturday, and I weighed in yesterday already, I know... But TODAY I am down again... OFFICIALLY down THREE STONE since Feb!!! (3st0.6lb to be precise)

YIPPEE!!!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Dandadada dada. Dantarah!!! That is my attempt at a trumpet fanfare:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One day ..... lost nothing since being diagnosed but never been so active

Well at least you still sound like you have some perspective and are upbeat.:) do you need to loose any weight?

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Well at least you still sound like you have some perspective and are upbeat.:) do you need to loose any weight?

Unfortunately I do, but I will keep my goals to losing 5kg at a time. I am 87 kg but, only yesterday I stood on the scale and was 85kg - so I have lost 2 kg somewhere

I did not mention this loss yesterday in case it decided to return today (it didn't) .... horaahhh

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfortunately I do, but I will keep my goals to losing 5kg at a time. I am 87 kg but, only yesterday I stood on the scale and was 85kg - so I have lost 2 kg somewhere

I did not mention this loss yesterday in case it decided to return today (it didn't) .... horaahhh

Well that's a big bonus and a strong motivator...keep going:)

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Thursday and weigh in is here again. Down 2.25lb so now 12st 7lb, so 3st down since diagnosis in Feb, or 2st 2lb down since joining his thread :D

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It's getting harder going of late especially as my wife had become somewhat concerned about me continuing in the way I had been regards restricting calories soo have now eased off and upped my calories with protein and fat so have lost 1Lb again this week now at 12St 2lb and am OK with that. :)

When I consider that over six months ago when I seriously started to diet I was about 18 and one half Stone I am very happy about it.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
It's getting harder going of late especially as my wife had become somewhat concerned about me continuing in the way I had been regards restricting calories soo have now eased off and upped my calories with protein and fat so have lost 1Lb again this week now at 12St 2lb and am OK with that. :)

When I consider that over six months ago when I seriously started to diet I was about 18 and one half Stone I am very happy about it.
What an amazing 6 months you have had. Losing over a third of your starting body weight it is really a huge accomplishment. And as much as I hate ever admitting that my wife is right perhaps yours is and at 12 stone 2lb you are "there"
Sensational!!
Cheers

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Down 1lb from last Friday, to 10st today. I seem to be fluctuating by 1-2lbs around this weight, which is ok for me.

lindisfel

Expert
Great result John, our families do get concerned when we are the mere shadows of what we had become through too much refined carb. But when we look at pictures of people when I was young in school in the 40's and 50's most of us were very slim. atb Derek

Reactions: 8 people

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Now down from 106.7kg 3 months ago to 94.2kg this morning which brings BMI down to 24.7. The weight's continuing to drop steadily and wondering when it's going too low - I think I look a bit gaunt, because of the sagginess left over from the weight loss, but that might be just me comparing myself in the mirror to what I've looked like for a while.

Reactions: 8 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The weight's continuing to drop steadily and wondering when it's going too low
Well done on the weight loss @ChrisSamsDad! If I remember correctly NHS guidelines is that you should get to a BMI of below 23, so you aren't too low. I found my weight just levelled out at a BMI of 21 after a steady decrease for 6 months. I was hoping to go lower, but I'm happy with that.