Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Li4m79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a pretty big take away tonight, lots of breaded chicken, a massive hot dog (I only ate half the bun), pulled pork, black pudding and bottle of ginger beer, 5.8 just before i started eating, about 3 hours later I was at 5.9, i forgot to take a good post food reading, but happy enough my glucose levels were down :)

Reactions: 2 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Breakfast - Greek Yogurt and fresh raspberries - don't really like much but it works
Mid Morning - a couple of Brazil nuts as hunger pangs struck.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Greek Yogurt and fresh raspberries - don't really like much but it works
Mid Morning - a couple of Brazil nuts as hunger pangs struck.
Full fat or low fat Greek yoghurt? Just wondering as I'm using the full fat stuff for the first time this week in the morning and this is the first week in ages I've had no weight loss, and was wondering about switching to the low fat Greek yoghurt in Lidl...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Usual breakfast 1/2 avocado and a boiled egg
Lunch: 2 oatcakes and some philadelphia cheese. Rasps and double cream
Tea: 2 thin locally made rarebreed pork sausages (very tasty!), lots of kale, sprouting broccoli and asparagus.
Rasps and cream.
Cycled to shop after tea on to work it off!
Lots of water with fresh lemon and lime juice

Just checked BS and 3 hrs later 9.4 :arghh: After exercise On antibiotic Trimethoprim for UTI so maybe that is the reason BS high?

Last edited by a moderator:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Breakfast, usual 1/2 avocado and a boiled egg

Lunch (main meal today as working from 2.30 to 10pm) 1 slice of Roast pork (Mangalitza breed, make very good sausages so hope the roast will be as tasty. Their colouring makes them look like Donald Trump look alikes - both have orangy hair and skin!) asparagus, broccoli spears and kale (the usual!)

Tea (at work) small piece of brie, boiled egg, 4 baby tomatoes, 4 olives and a slice of parma ham.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Full fat or low fat Greek yoghurt? Just wondering as I'm using the full fat stuff for the first time this week in the morning and this is the first week in ages I've had no weight loss, and was wondering about switching to the low fat Greek yoghurt in Lidl...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Beware as some low fat ones are loaded with sugar to make them taste better. Maybe it's your weight loss slowing down? I know I lost loads to start with, but now, although my diet is roughly the same, my weight loss has slowed down.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Love it!!:D
Actually it was my 8yr old grandson who said that. We came round the corner to the pig pens at the Open Farm Sunday at the buffallo and rare breeds farm, and he said in a loud voice "Those pigs look just like Donald Trump!" So from now on they will forever be knows as Trump sausages and Trump pork roast :)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
breakfast (Monday 13th) usual 1/2 avocado and a boiled egg 2 carbs

lunch 2 grilled portabello mushrooms topped with melted brie 0 carbs
4 rasps, 1 strawberry and extra thick double cream 2 carbs

tea: small piece brie, 1/2 avocado, 4 olives with garlic, spinach, asparagus and kale 8 carbs
4 rasps, 1 strawberry double cream 2 carbs

Supper: sm piece brie, 4 rasps, 1 strawberry, 1 dsp greek yogurt, 1 tsp philly cheese 4 carbs

Intake today approx 18 carbs, the first time I've counted them (carbs & cals book, had it for ages without counting).
I have a pretty low carb intake most days I think. Weight now down to 9st 1lb

Readings today
6am 6.00
after breakfast 7.7
after lunch 6.4
after tea and before supper 5.8 So doing something right, eventually!:):happy:

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
what is gammon?

Gammon is cured pork which is sold in a thick slice, like a large, extra thick slice of bacon. Others might have a better description.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So a super busy week finishing a house for a client. Now tired beyond belief, but made sensible choices - until the chips arrived. With salt, oh, so good. Now - let's see what the BG is in 2 hours .....

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Yesterday I gambled with a curry, cooked from scratch, no jars of sauces. I added a sweet potato (V Large) Ingreients were Chicken, mushrooms, sweet pots, red pepper, onion, tin toms and various spices. BS after 110 mins was 6,8 so I pushed my luck a bit. Quite often my waking BS is higher than my after dinner. Not so this morning - 5.7
I will vary this recipe next time to reduce the carb content, If it works I will post the full recipe for others to try

I find sweet potatoes spike me so avoid them now.

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Breakfast: half a lidl high protein roll with sliced tomato
Lunch: Butternut squash soup
Afternoon tennis treat: 100grams strawberries, chopped up no sugar jelly and 50 grams of Greek yogurt, yummy!
Dinner: Feta and salad

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So a super busy week finishing a house for a client. Now tired beyond belief, but made sensible choices - until the chips arrived. With salt, oh, so good. Now - let's see what the BG is in 2 hours .....
What, no vinegar!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: creamy chicken broccoli bake, pepsi max

D: 2 chicken drums, steamed broccoli

S: peanuts, 2 x coffee n cream

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday i had:

B - one slice of homemade low carb bread with a fried egg

L - chicken salad (half a chicken breast, diced, lettuce, 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
, some cucumber and a few walnuts. 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing).

D - chicken thigh roasted with chopped courgettes, aubergine and red pepper.

S - small piece of brie and a slice of ham.

Reactions: 6 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Had a black coffee and a small bowl of sweet potato and parsnip soup in a cafe for lunch (only a child's portion). Didn't have testing equipment with me, but decided to try the soup and test when I got home....... 10.5 about 90 mins later. So will mark that off my list of soup I can eat, pity as I love that soup :grumpy:
Can't exercise properly still after fall as hip still sore from bruising, but trying short slow walks, better than nothing. At least weight static and not going up.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I had my usual breakfast of Greek yoghurt with berries this morning but I needed to use the last of the eggs before I go shopping so I had an omelette for my lunch. Tonight I'll be using more leftovers so it will be courgetti with whatever's left in the fridge :)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Went out for a meal tonight with the local and Stavanger Norway Rotary club. I was quite well behaved and resisted the foods I really wanted.
Starter: Green Pea soup (returned the bread)
Main: 1 slice roast lamb, 1 tiny piece of broccoli and a little red cabbage (left the mashed and boiled tatties), no further veg on plate, bit skimpy to my mind. Gravy already on plate so had to eat it.
Pudding: REFUSED! Orkney fudge cheesecake, sticky toffee pudding or 3 scoops local ice cream
Cup black coffee
Lots of water

reading 2 hrs later 7.2

Having a small piece of brie and a couple of olives for late supper.

Reactions: 8 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Started the day with 1/2 lg avocado (so much tastier than my usual pack of 2) plus 3 strawberries (small)

Lunch 1pm ..... Was bad. Husband clearing out kitchen ready for puppies arrival within the next 2-3 wks, if that. So kitchen a tip. He went off for lunch in a hotel with the Rotary club leaving me in the mess! So I made 2 slices of toast with seeded bread, then a buttery (round flat type of 'bread'. First bread for months.
4pm Walk to the polling station, then sat outside coffee shop and had a cappuccino with no topping.
Reading now 9.7 :(
Tea for 8pm Cold chicken, LOTS of green veg.
Kitchen sorted now, so normal kitchen duties continue :)