Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

They did get on ok but she had difficulty walking to and from the grass. She's going back to Daddy Ted cos although they've a houseful she's only a few steps out the front door to be on the grass (and she won't to what a girl has to on concrete) we've an option of steroids which helps (makes a BIG difference) in some cases and alas very little in others.
Poor baby..... :(

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I am going to do some research on Type 2 and infections. Might try some supplements/vitamins and see what I can do to improve my chances of not getting infections or getting rid of them earlier. Over the last 6 years I have been on quite a lot of antibiotics and antifungals and have had several severe sepsis episodes requiring hospital admissions and IV antibiotics and surgery. This is the part of my diabetes management that concerns me most. :)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

If I'd known, I'd have sent you a batch, which I made and then had to bin because I couldn't leave them alone! Broke my heart..... :sorry:
That's a shame. I'd finish them off THEN start again....but if low carb why Chuck them? You could have frozen them......

S

Sable_Jan

I am going to do some research on Type 2 and infections. Might try some supplements/vitamins and see what I can do to improve my chances of not getting infections or getting rid of them earlier. Over the last 6 years I have been on quite a lot of antibiotics and antifungals and have had several severe sepsis episodes requiring hospital admissions and IV antibiotics and surgery. This is the part of my diabetes management that concerns me most. :)
Look into Echinacea

D

debrasue

That's a shame. I'd finish them off THEN start again....but if low carb why Chuck them? You could have frozen them......
They're lower-carb than regular scones but they do still have a carbs value, which makes eating the entire batch - with dollops of clotted cream and sugar-free jam - inadvisable, not to mention indefensible! And I was eating them straight from the freezer.
I am clearly incapable of any form of restraint and should be strung up and flogged.
:sorry: :bigtears:

S

Sable_Jan

They're lower-carb than regular scones but they do still have a carbs value, which makes eating the entire batch - with dollops of clotted cream and sugar-free jam - inadvisable, not to mention indefensible! And I was eating them straight from the freezer.
I am clearly incapable of any form of restraint and should be strung up and flogged.
Ooh, but you don't half make them sound sooooo good

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I use to think that a little bit of what you liked was ok , only problem was I could never have just a little bit .:greedy:

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Attachments

• Scones (2).JPG
    Scones (2).JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 136