Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I'm in the mood for baking now - A is going out to a prom tonight so I have the kitchen to myself :)

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
@debrasue these pics are torturing me. Watching the Wales vs N. Ireland game. After that a quick visit to Asda then back for late dinner and 8pm kick off - sorted ! ;)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've gone off caffeine now, only decaf tea bags. I only drink 1 cup of coffee which has caffeine first thing in the morning. I am also experimenting with all the other tea bags now, some of the Twining ones I like are Camomile, Camomile and honey, Liquorice and Green tea. The Camomile really does soothe and calm you....gosh I'm getting posh lmao. :D:eek:

S

Sable_Jan

Trying to decide what to make for tea. Maybe boiled Charlotte's and carrots well buttered and smothered with grated red Leicester. Or bacon instead of cheese, mayb even WITH cheese... Mind you will have to stand over the bacon whilst it cooks

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am having to chuck chicken breasts out that are out of date and that's a fiver wasted. I forgot to cook them yesterday, they're probably ok but I take no chances with meat especially pork and poultry. I am going for 2 baked potatoes in the oven with bacon, ham and cheese with pickles and other stuff bunged in. :)

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I am having to chuck chicken breasts out that are out of date and that's a fiver wasted. I forgot to cook them yesterday, they're probably ok but I take no chances with meat especially pork and poultry. I am going for 2 baked potatoes in the oven with bacon, ham and cheese with pickles and other stuff bunged in. :)

Curry them it hides the taste.....

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

S

Sable_Jan

I'd've used them for a day. All my meat gets well cooked, none of this "pink" nonsense....

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Trying to decide what to make for tea. Maybe boiled Charlotte's and carrots well buttered and smothered with grated red Leicester. Or bacon instead of cheese, mayb even WITH cheese... Mind you will have to stand over the bacon whilst it cooks
I've cooked Ron turkey steak and coated it in ground almonds , steamed carrots , sweet heart cabbage and sugar snap peas. Don't know why I bothered because ever since they upped his metformin he can't taste his food. meds One day he's going to find I've flushed them down the loo.:mad::oops::oops::oops:

D

debrasue

They're lower-carb than regular scones but they do still have a carbs value, which makes eating the entire batch - with dollops of clotted cream and sugar-free jam - inadvisable, not to mention indefensible! And I was eating them straight from the freezer.
I am clearly incapable of any form of restraint and should be strung up and flogged.
:sorry: :bigtears:
I think I can see where @tina_marie and @Sable_Jan are coming from, but I'm not too clear on which part of this post you were rating @eddie1968 ....!!

hornplayer

Lol, how about this one.....

563a801f97ee75d011dce358a6235533.jpg

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

I've cooked Ron turkey steak and coated it in ground almonds , steamed carrots , sweet heart cabbage and sugar snap peas. Don't know why I bothered because ever since they upped his metformin he can't taste his food. meds One day he's going to find I've flushed them down the loo.:mad::oops::oops::oops:
Aw, as if he's not enough to put up with...his tea sounded lovely too.. presumably you had the same?