Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Keesha I'm still not back on metformin due to a ct scan on sunday but after that I'll be back on longterm, hopefully. It takes months for me to benefit from it, hormonally. I've had to increase insulin to compensate due to 250g carb diet which stopped my palpatations.

Reactions: Liam1955

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Whoops - 6.2 this morning! This was courtesy of last nights pizza and chips at Pizza Express (it could have been worse!) so eggs for breakfast this morning to offset the higher levels. (I haven't had chips in 3 months since diagnosis - and they were nice!). I didn't have any dessert - just a coffee. Talk about restraint!

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoops - 6.2 this morning! This was courtesy of last nights pizza and chips at Pizza Express (it could have been worse!) so eggs for breakfast this morning to offset the higher levels. (I haven't had chips in 3 months since diagnosis - and they were nice!). I didn't have any dessert - just a coffee. Talk about restraint!
A treat every now and again surely doesn't doo too much harm and 6.2 is still a good reading. Hmmm, chips!! You've done it now!!:D

Reactions: LAR and Liam1955

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.1 this morning. My fbs has improved slightly after vacation, which kind of surprises me. I thought it would be the other way round. I did not test while on vacation as I thought it would upset me if I know the results so had a three week test free vacation. I ate whatever I could get my hands on, and avoid white bread, rice, potatoes and anything sweet with sugar in it, as much as possible.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 7.6 before breakfast this morning. It was 6.4 2 hrs after dinner last night. Can only assume my liver is working overtime in chucking glucose into the system(?).
This sort of thing has been getting more noticeable over the last few months.
I was diagnosed T2 about 13 months ago after 3 HbA1c's that my GP thought high... 50 , 48 & 43. Then no tests for 11 months. Last one was 39 last month.
I keep to a very low carb diet, probably about 20g max per day. This year I've lost 3 stone...down to 13.5 stone now.
No idea how to get FBG down. I don't use Metformin, just diet to try to control it.

Since I got the Abbott Freestyle Libre. I discovered that my actual fasting numbers overnight pretty much stayed the same as my last reading before bed, they only rose in the few minute before I got up and tested. I also discovered today that a egg eaten as soon as I could then caused them to go back down again , so the actual raised reading only lasted an hour . I'm trying v low carb , diet only too and down about 3.5 stone , current hba1c similar to yours - you might be similar if you had more detail.