What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Only one way to find out use your meter, I find they spike me quite high but levels come down to normal in 2 hours but I prefer to avoid spikes of high amplitude even of short duration if I can.

Reactions: Inchindown

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Following my little battered fish experiment, my BG two hours after eating was 5.5.

Pleased with that. One more thing I like added to my list of meals I can eat without spoiling my BG readings.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with Greek yoghurt

40 minutes swimming

L. Lidl walnut pot. Low carb but I didn't realise how calorific they were!

D. I'm going to make a bolgnaise type with minced beef, tinned tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, courgettes and red and green peppers. If needed I will have half a lidl protein roll. 5 strawberries with yoghurt.

@Chook sorry to hear of the substitution. It's not the same when you have to attack the pomegranate. :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday

Breakfast - 2 slices of bacon and a nice fried farm egg.
Lunch - Beef, tomato and veggie soup.
Dinner - Quarterpounder and mixed baked vegetables.

Reactions: Chook

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B: bacon, poached egg & mushroom
L: smoked salmon & avocado
D: beef & mushroom stroganoff, shredded cabbage with ginger

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Today

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Our New Year's Eve party: Hot mussels followed by a buffet tapas type party meal including parma ham, chorizo, other deli meats, cheeses, houmous, pate, smoked salmon pate, olives, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and baba ganoush and salads and for pudding I've made a huge chocolate truffle tort with berries and/or pomegranate seeds - no bread except little wedges of lidl protein roll

i won't be starting the blood sugar diet until Tuesday.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday
B. Slice of TESCO high protein bread with pate and a less sugar latte
L. Bit lettuce 2 slices of tomato and a bit ham.
D. 2 slices of that high protein bread again with 4 bits of Lidl's mixed German sausage, lettuce and Helmanns.
So. 2 Lotus biscuits
Yesterday was Aqua Fit day which helped my loosened ankle stay loose. Was also family visiting as the rest of the nephews and nieces and their partners were up having been with their in laws at Christmas. My Fitness Pal is moaning at me again.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today
Time to get back on the straight and narrow. Well tomorrow then
B. My Portobello Benedict- portobello mushroom with ham , poached egg and hollandaise. Less sugar latte.
L. 2 Lotus biscuits and a less sugar latte
D. Will be various nibbles. Devilled eggs , spicy prawns , various spicy chicken bits , duck in filo pastry, salad and I found some Ryvita crisps that are reasonable since there is no way I could eat 30g of them in one go! May have 2 prosecco tonight.

Happy new year everyone. I will certainly be glad to say goodbye to 2016. I know there are things I am grateful for but overall it was not the best of years. Here's to 2017.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy new year!
B. Red berries with yoghurt

L. Pate and a piece of Camambert

D. Bolognaise (leftover from yesterday) and a lidl protein roll. This was a mistake ! I hadn't had any bread since the beginning of October . I now feel huge and bloated! The roll is the only different food. 5 strawberries with yoghurt.

@Chook I love the sound of your buffet. Enjoy:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon and egg
S: lc hot choc and 3 slices Jarlsberg
D: turkey breast, sausage meat, red coleslaw, green beans, asparagus, tablespoon of root mash and LC cranberry sauce.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Happy New Year to everyone and I hope it is a healthy one for us all. :)

Breakfast (when I can face it): Leftovers from last night
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Roast turkey, pigs in blankets, Mr C' s wonderful sausagemeat and herb stuffing. Sprouts, one parsnip, spoonfull of carrots, runner beans, cranberry sauce and nice gravy.

The reason for another Christmas dinner is that we can never make up our minds over what we should have for Christmas dinner - beef or Turkey - so we compromise and have the relatively quick to cook roast beef dinner for Christmas and much longer to cook roast turkey dinner on New Year's Day - but sadly no more presents. :(

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New Years Eve

L: Cold meat and winter salad

Went out to a restaurant for Dinner

Canapes
Beetroot Cappuccino with horseradish
Seared scallops, Jerusalem Artichoke Puree Wood Blewit and Truffle
Rabbit and Ham hock Ballotine with Langoustine
Pan Fried Sea Bass with Bouillabaisse sauce,Tiger Prawn Fritters and celeriac cream
Chocolate Cream with Toffee and whisky ice cream :sorry:
Coffee and sweet meats:oops::oops: