What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
We got a Tassimo machine for Christmas - thr machine was cheap enough but the pod things that go un it are expensive, especially as Mr C likes lattes.

Today: Day 3 of Week 2

Breakfast and lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Lamb and apricot tagine (lots of spices in it) with steamed courgettes and spinach

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We winter in Spain, where we got addicted to the coffee from this little machine. Another thing I couldn't live without is the tortilla frying pan, a double skillet where both halves are frying pans and they interlock together, cook the bottom half of an omelette, flip over, cook the other half, foolproof and super quick. It'/s amazing how the hardware shops sell quite different things.

Reactions: maglil55

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish I could eat porridge..... :(

It's weird isn't it , I don't do well with lots of fruit , and I love apricots and grapes (well I used to) :( it's a big treat to eat 4-5 grapes now and i usually have them with a little block of cheese. Perhaps as my weight drops I'll do better. I consider myself very lucky to be able to eat some porridge.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B: none
L: lc carrot cake and cream:D
D: homemade chicken jalfrezi with onion, peppers, aubergine, carrot, cauli rice and konjac rice. 2 squares 70%

@Judlepip don't try and eat more than your appetite ever. Lchf isn't about stuffing fat, it is about reducing carbs and replacing that food with other stuff (veg, protein and fat if necessary) so that you don't get too hungry or lose too much weight. Definitely no reason to pour cream on everything.

Having said that, weight gain on lchf is actually quite difficult, providing the carbs are reduced enough.
Enough is a different thing from person to person. Some people do well on 150g carbs. I need to cut down to 20g carbs a day. And at that point i get to eat as much fat as i like and I don't put on an ounce (low carb cake, low carb truffles, low carb nut fudge, cream in coffee, fat on meat, butter on low carb toast, cheese on veg, creamed coconut in curries... and so on).

Of course, not putting on weight, and actually losing some, are two VERY different things. :D So I try not to indulge too much ;) and i often skip meals. Which is another benefit - freedom from the tyranny of hunger.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We got a Tassimo machine for Christmas - thr machine was cheap enough but the pod things that go un it are expensive, especially as Mr C likes lattes.

Today: Day 3 of Week 2

Breakfast and lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Lamb and apricot tagine (lots of spices in it) with steamed courgettes and spinach
We're on our second Tassimo. If you keep an eye on their website Chook they have offers ever so often. I frequently get offers for 20% or 15% off. Sign up for their newsletters. COSTCO are also a lot cheaper. The less sugar latte I refer to you can only buy online - made by Jacobs.

Reactions: Chook

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with Greek yoghurt

L. Fathead crackers with Camambert

No swimming this week as I'm full of a streaming cold.

D. Sea bass with fried courgette and onion.
I have a pomegranate pot for later. Lots of vitamin C.

Reactions: Chook and Mongolia

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: last 2 slices of bread with butter & sugar free jam:oops:
L: cold chicken breast in some unidentified sauce, coleslaw, iceberg lettuce. Not sure what has happened to the rocket salad over the last 6 weeks. Iceberg really doesn't cut it. May need to lodge a complaint with the kitchen!
D: coconut flour flatbread with cream cheese, avocado and poached egg.:hungry:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah well

B. Scrambled egg and a less sugar latte (went up 0.9 which was a heck of a lot better than yesterday's 4+ with just coffee)
L. 1 Slice Tesco's High Protein Farmhouse with four bits of their mixed German sausage , lettuce, 2 slices of tomato and a tblsp of Helmanns. 2 black teas.
D. Salmon fillet with chilli, boiled egg, load of mixed lettuce, 4 Santini tomatoes, 2 walnuts, helmanns and a half aubergine made into chips.
Seems I am still on a downward slope. Been around 6.7 to 7.1 most of today and it's Aqua Fit and water running tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935F using DCUK Forum mobile app

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm, not too good today. Gorgeous sunny day, afternoonon on a sunny terrace then watched the moon rise over the sea as we drank a sundowner, where the bar opened some El Coto and it was just too delicious!

Breakfast, Full English (lovely).

Mid morning Espresso, double cream, 1 square 85%

Mid afternoon, 2 glasses red wine. Pork scratchings.

Early evening, 2 more glasses of red wine. Didn't eat the tapas (at least we managed that!)

Dinner, leftover rabbit, onion, cabbage supplemented with a lovely thick slice of smoked back bacon, mushrooms, more cauliflower cheese.

Greek yoghurt with 3 strawberries

lisajo2016

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eagerly tried a slice of small high protein bread from tesco + 1/2 tin low sugar baked beans + a slice of tesco soda bread. Really enjoyed as not had for ages. Pushed my bs up by 3 so prob I'll just have 1 slice next time!

Reactions: geefull and mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
OK Another 7.9 and hubby had made the less sugar latte so got up a bit earlier and scrambled an egg. Will see if the egg plus coffee helps. If not the coffee will be changed.

Thats a good idea! I'm struggling with DP and because the new dog keeps waking me up at silly o'clock I can clearly see that it is DP - this morning first check was 5.5, second check a couple of hours later was 7.9 - and nothing to eat in between. Had it not been for the new monster... sorry.... dog I wouldn't have seen that first reading.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats a good idea! I'm struggling with DP and because the new dog keeps waking me up at silly o'clock I can clearly see that it is DP - this morning first check was 5.5, second check a couple of hours later was 7.9 - and nothing to eat in between. Had it not been for the new monster... sorry.... dog I wouldn't have seen that first reading.
That's it - the less sugar latte will be demoted from morning into afternoon. Was 7.2 this morning but despite the scrambled egg the less sugar latte pushed me to 9.2. That was at latte +1hr admittedly but it is still too high for my liking. +2hrs and the drop is quite rapid - back in the high 7's. If I can get back to the 4's or 5's I may reinstate the morning latte but for now it will be black Tea or coffee with a dash of cream. I love that latte too.

Reactions: mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
We're on our second Tassimo. If you keep an eye on their website Chook they have offers ever so often. I frequently get offers for 20% or 15% off. Sign up for their newsletters. COSTCO are also a lot cheaper. The less sugar latte I refer to you can only buy online - made by Jacobs.
I'll go and have a look at the Tassimo website once we've nearly run out of the mountain that Mr C treated himself to since we got it - he bought them from eBay and then got another load from Asda. :( I only drink decaff so I've got the Cafe Hag and the Carte Noire one - both okay but nothing like as good as the decaff Americano at Costa, so going there will still be a bit of a treat.

The new dog slept for FIVE whole hours last night..... :wacky::woot::dead: the longest so far! He's a year old and I can see now why his previous owner wanted to re-home him.

Today: Day 4 of Week 2

Breakfast and Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Two recipes from the 800 calorie Blood Sugar Diet recipe book - the first is Thai fishcakes with a dipping sauce and with it I will be making greens with cannellini beans (and I think its got tomato in it).
Snack: A slice of lc almond cake I made with chopped chocolate bits in it. Its baking as I type.

I am really looking forward to having the cannellini beans as an experiment (although it will only be a quarter of a tin) because they are something that I haven't had since I found they raised my BG.

Reactions: geefull and mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Has anyone tried making the keto garlic bread recipe from the Diet Doctor website? If so was it any good? :)

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
B: none
L: smoked mackerel and beef tomato drenched in balsamic vinegar. Delish. Rather like soused mackerel but quicker, easier and simpler.
S: LC gluten free strawberry cheesecake. Oh my. The base was popcorn covered in dark choc. :woot:
D: homemade chicken jalfrzi with courgette, peppers, cauli and konjac rice. Maybe berries and cream later, but probably not...
God that sounds good!!

Reactions: Brunneria