What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll go and have a look at the Tassimo website once we've nearly run out of the mountain that Mr C treated himself to since we got it - he bought them from eBay and then got another load from Asda. :( I only drink decaff so I've got the Cafe Hag and the Carte Noire one - both okay but nothing like as good as the decaff Americano at Costa, so going there will still be a bit of a treat.

The new dog slept for FIVE whole hours last night..... :wacky::woot::dead: the longest so far! He's a year old and I can see now why his previous owner wanted to re-home him.

Today: Day 4 of Week 2

Breakfast and Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Two recipes from the 800 calorie Blood Sugar Diet recipe book - the first is Thai fishcakes with a dipping sauce and with it I will be making greens with cannellini beans (and I think its got tomato in it).
Snack: A slice of lc almond cake I made with chopped chocolate bits in it. Its baking as I type.

I am really looking forward to having the cannellini beans as an experiment (although it will only be a quarter of a tin) because they are something that I haven't had since I found they raised my BG.
Did you register your machine online at tassimo.co.uk? If not do so as they will give you £20 in vouchers. There are T&C but I even got another £20 when I registered our new machine.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with Greek yoghurt

L. Walnuts, melted Camambert, sliver of Lancashire cheese. Pomegranate pot. I couldn't seem to stop my stomach rumbling with hunger.

D. Roast chicken, cabbage, carrots, onions and gravy. 5 strawberries with yoghurt.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And for today...hubby got a bad cold so had to cancel my class. Never mind No 1 grandson is back to swimming tomorrow so I'll get a couple of hours in the pool in the morning. Today was school run and amusing No1 while Papa slept. Food
B. Scrambled egg with my less sugar latte which will be replaced tomorrow. 9.2 is a bit much for me

L. Lentil soup with the grandson. Just what was needed after a biting wind in the face on the way back from school at lunchtime. I also had half a slice of high protein bread that grandson decided he didn't want. That's all the Christmas lentil soup gone now.
D. Air fried chicken (glorious aroma still wafting through the house. Hubby had rice and veg with it (must be feeling better) But yukked at my 1/2 roasted aubergine, steamed cabbage, leeks and asparagus with a tblsp of hollandaise. Gee I can still taste the chicken now.
Black Tea and a lot of water. Sugars came down but still roaming high 6's low 7's.
I sympathise Chook with lack of sleep although a dog may be preferable to other half's cough.

Reactions: mo53 and Mongolia

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 9 Bar
L: red pepper and feta tart (at least that's what I think it was), iceberg lettuce, coleslaw
D: prawn, spring onion, red pepper, mushroom stir fry with red pesto and cream cheese sauce served on a coconut flatbread.

Is it possible to have a coconut oil addiction? I use it so often for a range of things and just the smell of it makes me feel happy:happy:

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Standard breakfast omelette, lovely.

MM coffee, double creamed, 85%.

D. Prawns, avocado, lettuce, tomato, spring onions, pate, mayo

Greek yoghurt, 4 strawberries, double cream

2 glasses red wine

Black tea, mineral water

13,500 steps

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_1213.JPG
I have just made some of this : and its lovely. Oops. Sorry if it's rather large. X

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday
breakfast - porridge
lunch - homemade broccoli and ham soup
dinner - stuffed red pepper, with cauli, broccoli and a little celeriac on the side.

Friday
breakfast - porridge, usual small bowl with almond milk and ground flax seed added.
lunch - small mushroom omelette with a couple of rashers of well cooked streaky bacon :)
dinner - cod fillet with buttery sauce, carrots, cauli and broccoli.

Reactions: mo53 and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
BSD Day 5 of Week 2

Two nice things:

4 inches off my waist in 12 days - (very strange but nice)
FBG 5.3 No DP :)

Breakfast: 2 grilled rashers bacon and 1 fried egg
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Mr C is cooking - lamb steak (marinated in thyme, garlic and lemon juice) then grilled and served topped with chopped feta and black olives. Sides are something to do with aubergines called imam bayildi and a green salad and - possibly - a taste of the Diet Doctor Keto Garlic Bread

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Boiled eggs with salad and coleslaw
Coffee, slice of melon
roast chicken and cauliflower, frozen fruit mixture and double cream

Reactions: mo53

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
The garlic bread was gorgeous but the recipe for five made up enough for two small rolls. Will definitely make again. :)

Reactions: mo53

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.7. Ketones 2.7

Breakfast, Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

Lunch. Fresh tuna, lettuce, onion and tomato salad with fresh parsley and olive oil. Chicken breast with grated cheese and Serrano ham, served with braised cabbage and carrots, with garlic butter. (Eating out)

Failed totally on the one glass of wine a day! 3 glasses of wine and a Brandy!

No supper.

Only 8,800 steps.

Reactions: Chook and mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The garlic bread was gorgeous but the recipe for five made up enough for two small rolls. Will definitely make again. :)
Was going to ask you about this but you have answered my question. I have almond flour and physillium husk powder coming tomorrow from Amazon. I tried an experiment today and that keto garlic bread would have been just the ticket.

Reactions: Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A day of experiments 7.2 fasting and still 7.2 after the morning coffee switch.
B. Scrambled egg with parsley and a dash of cream. Black Tea
Off to swimming with the grandson. 2 hours in the pool - 5.8 yes!
L 2 M&S 97% pork chipolatos, 2 crispy bacon rashers and 4 baby chestnut mushrooms and a black coffee with dash of cream
1 hour later BG hadn't moved at all.
Went off shopping with son and No. 2 grandson who threw a hissy fit because his hand went to sleep when he was sleeping and though I was torturing him moving it. Got back after calming the waters and trailing around supermarkets for 3 hours and I'm back at 7.2?? Anyway experiment 2
Knocked together a spaghetti carbonara for hubby and for me the 'spaghetti' was spiralised courgette and shredded green cabbage. Steamed the cabbage a bit. I had already cooked panchetta and mushrooms for hubby's so I got the rest. Touch of double cream to cream it loose , handful of parmesan and loads of black pepper. I had given the courgetti and the cabbage a quick stir fry in olive oil before this lot went in. Added a bit more cream until the taste and look was right. Last was the remains of the beaten egg from hubby's - I let the heat warm that through. Green carbonara looked a bit odd but it tasted right.
I'd say that experiment worked.

Reactions: Mongolia and mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BSD Day 5 of Week 2

Two nice things:

4 inches off my waist in 12 days - (very strange but nice)
FBG 5.3 No DP :)

Breakfast: 2 grilled rashers bacon and 1 fried egg
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Mr C is cooking - lamb steak (marinated in thyme, garlic and lemon juice) then grilled and served topped with chopped feta and black olives. Sides are something to do with aubergines called imam bayildi and a green salad and - possibly - a taste of the Diet Doctor Keto Garlic Bread
Excellent results Chook.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DD's birthday today, she wants chinese takeaway
So,
B: None
L: None, trip round Ikea and still married :D
D: Crispy duck, 1 pancake, chicken satay, pork curry, coli rice (not from the takeaway)
Will edit with BS after 2 hrs

Well it was a 6.5 fairly pleased with that

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Celebration meal with family - set menu at restaurant.

B: none
L: flat mushroom with goats cheese and herby crust. Then pork steak with celeriac and apple purée, roast and new pots, diced carrots, spinach and brocolli. I am used to bigger veg portions! Then cheese and biscuits, coffee and truffles. V careful to keep carb portions small, and delighted to report that bg never rose above 7mmol/l.
D: will be a light nibbling of fridge contents. Cheese? Ham? Saladings? Raspberries? Cream? Will hopefully find some of that gorgeous Stilton...

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries with yoghurt

L. Cold chicken with houmous

D. Indian restaurant. 1 poppadom, chicken tikka starter. Vegetable curry but only ate a little.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: salsa marinaded cold chicken
L: chokolate protein pudding , cashew nuts
Afternoon : blueberries and pork schratces
D: chinese vegetable wok with lots of Beans peppers olive oil ginger and cashew nuts roasted and semi skimmed milk

Reactions: Chook and mo53

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a day of 7.2 most of the day my fasting was 8.2 this morning There are times I despair trying to see a logic in the figures. Still I know it will come down.
B. Boiled Egg, Slice of Tesco's high protein farmhouse with Lurpack, 2 individual bits of M&S Cornish cove and 4 slices of Lidl's mixed German sausage. Black Tea.
L. Above was a Brunch really so will be black Tea if anything.
D. Campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Grilled lobster tail. An inside out Chicken Cordon Bleu ( batter out the chicken breast, dress in a mix of parmesan, parsley and ground pork scratchings. Cook then add slice of ham and slice of cheese on top and pop in oven until cheese melts). Having with chestnut mushrooms, steamed green beans, asperagus.

Reactions: Chook