What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Is that a good thing to do?
It helps with controlling BG and weight loss if this is your aim. I find it better than counting calories but that's my opinion,my doctor was the one who told me to skip a meal less food intake steady weight loss lower BG levels.
Unless on your next meal you feed your face to make up for missing breakfast! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Yesterday
B. Coffee
L. Carrot and coriander soup slice whole meal bread cup tea
D. Pork chop cabbage 2 roasted potatoes cup tea
Today
B. Nothing to eat cup coffee
L. Veg. Soup and slice whole meal ( in a hurry today just quickest)
D. Beef and vegetable casserole cauliflower ( stayed up till 11.30 last night to make it) BG this morning 5.7 K

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.9 and FBG 6.1 no pre breakfast as I didn't have one. Noticed my BGs go up again in the morning when I don't eat but worst was 7.6 before descent. Completed the 24 hr fast and was really not hungry. Thought about keeping going but hubby didn't like that idea.
B. Nothing just Water
L. (Late) tablespoon of prawns, fresh anchovies, 4 mozzarella pearls, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 mini beets with juniper and some marinated pepper slices. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream and a black tea.
D. If anything it will be the poached salmon fillet with lettuce and the last tablespoon of prawns.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and good afternoon/evening :)
I went for my acupuncture session today :joyful: always so relaxing :cat:
B- My own mix of paleo porridge.... lovely and filling and lasted all the way thru til 4pm
drank nearly 3L of water between 10am and 3pm with 2x berry infusion tea
L- Water
D- Mixture of GF Pasta with vegan soft 'cheese' and vegan pesto
Dessert - 2x mini meringues with strawberries and 2x sq dark choc (85%) :hungry:

Drinking plenty of still water, might have some cashews later that have been staring at me ! :D:hungry:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.9 and FBG 6.1 no pre breakfast as I didn't have one. Noticed my BGs go up again in the morning when I don't eat but worst was 7.6 before descent. Completed the 24 hr fast and was really not hungry. Thought about keeping going but hubby didn't like that idea.
B. Nothing just Water
L. (Late) tablespoon of prawns, fresh anchovies, 4 mozzarella pearls, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 mini beets with juniper and some marinated pepper slices. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream and a black tea.
D. If anything it will be the poached salmon fillet with lettuce and the last tablespoon of prawns.
Scrub the salmon and prawns. The chicken flatties with chilli, coriander and lime had to be eaten. Still had lettuce , cherry tomatoes and added 1/2 avocado and 3 Walnuts. Going to return to fasting now. Don't know if it will be 18 or 24 hrs.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Tuesday.... (still staying with friends so still very difficult as I'm having little control over my menu - I think my friends just think I'm a picky eater)

Breakfast: Cup of decaff Yorkshire tea with lactofree skimmed milk (nice) and one sausage, one rasher bacon, one fried egg (with fat blotted off) and one tinned tomato - no toast, no hash browns, no sauteed potatoes...

Lunch: 150g fresh raspberries

Dinner: Lamb shank, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, runner beans

Drinks: Tea until lunch time then water until evening - then a glass or three of wine

Going home today :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday ...

Breakfast: One double decaffeinated espresso with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Spent about two and half hours in the kitchen, but I think it was worth it. Swiss chard, galangal, garlic and chili with tiger prawns; roasted eggplant, bellpeppers, tomatoes with olive oil and garlic; homemade low-carb ravioli (dough made of egg, psyllium husk, chia flour, almond flour, lupine flour and pumpkin) filled with spinach, onion, garlic, cream and feta cheese); homemade low-carb chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries. Really enjoyed dinner, but probably ate too much.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK I've had one unintentional fast and now on my 3rd intentional one in as many days. Can't decide if I prefer lunch to lunch or dinner to dinner other than not eating dinner gives hubby the heebie jeebies. Bed 5.6 FBG 5.3 again no pre breakfast as I didn't have any. Good old DP is alive and well as I hit 8.9 before it descended to normal levels. Not too bothered as Jason Fung says it happens. Doing another 24 hrs to dinner.

B. Nothing just water
L. Marigold Swiss bouillon as I was a little queasy
D. Veal liver , crispy bacon, onions, fried egg, peas, cherry tomato and either cauliflower mash or celeriac chips (haven't decided).
Hope to goodness this makes a difference although I notice the longer you go the less you feel like eating.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm home :)

And I had an interesting experience today on the journey home .... I was so hungry at lunchtime that I started feeling a bid odd and light headed and I thought that if I didn't eat something I might faint - I even thought I might eat one of my dogs ;) - so we stopped at a chippy on the way home and I had fish 'n' chips (yes.. REAL chips) and mushy peas -my BG before eating was 5.4 and of course then I felt really guilty and worried so I took my BG 1 hour later which was 6.1, two hours later 6.0, three hours later 5.8 and I've just taken it again and its down to 5.4. I'm really surprised!!

The only issue I had after eating was feeling a bit nauseous but that could have been because of the fat and the car ride.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm home :)

And I had an interesting experience today on the journey home .... I was so hungry at lunchtime that I started feeling a bid odd and light headed and I thought that if I didn't eat something I might faint - I even thought I might eat one of my dogs ;) - so we stopped at a chippy on the way home and I had fish 'n' chips (yes.. REAL chips) and mushy peas -my BG before eating was 5.4 and of course then I felt really guilty and worried so I took my BG 1 hour later which was 6.1, two hours later 6.0, three hours later 5.8 and I've just taken it again and its down to 5.4. I'm really surprised!!

The only issue I had after eating was feeling a bit nauseous but that could have been because of the fat and the car ride.
Wow just wow

Oh and welcome back.

Reactions: Butterfly1960

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK I've had one unintentional fast and now on my 3rd intentional one in as many days. Can't decide if I prefer lunch to lunch or dinner to dinner other than not eating dinner gives hubby the heebie jeebies. Bed 5.6 FBG 5.3 again no pre breakfast as I didn't have any. Good old DP is alive and well as I hit 8.9 before it descended to normal levels. Not too bothered as Jason Fung says it happens. Doing another 24 hrs to dinner.

B. Nothing just water
L. Marigold Swiss bouillon as I was a little queasy
D. Veal liver , crispy bacon, onions, fried egg, peas, cherry tomato and either cauliflower mash or celeriac chips (haven't decided).
Hope to goodness this makes a difference although I notice the longer you go the less you feel like eating.
Opted for cauliflower mash and chia pudding with 6 raspberries.

MFP reckons I'm heading to anorexia now. It sure doesn't like fasting.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. A bit late posting today - just back from preview of new gym opening up near me and which I’ve joined for a bargain price. Fully open in a couple of weeks and I’ll be getting some weights in.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers bacon, fried tomatoes, 30g mixed nuts

Dinner - M&S lemon and herb salmon flatties with buttered cauliflower; raspberries and cream; 20g Hema 85% chocolate.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Leftovers from yesterday -- prawns with Swiss chard, roasted eggplant, bellpepper and tomatoes, low-carb ravioli filled with spinach, onion and feta. A heaping table spoon of low-carb chocolte mousse.

Dinner: Cornsalad with parmesan, grated cheddar, chicken and Caesar's dressing. Dessert: Yoghurt, low carb honey and raspberries.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a lovely day celebrating with hubby!
But oh my! Those carbs!!
Wed
B- spinach and pesto omelette with vegan soft "cheese' and camomile tea
All on a tray with card and jewellery and in bed too!
11am Snack- choc coated macaroon!!
11.45 snack- jam on GF toast pukka tea 'love'!!
D- GF pasta tuna pesto with vegan soft "cheese'
Dessert!- coconut Alpro icecream vegan strawberries and 3x sq dark choc 85%
Remembered to drink plenty of water!!
BG at bedtime 11pm 6.1 !!!
Happy bunny!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wednesday...

Breakfast: Cup of tea with lactofree milk (I'm having no reaction to the lactofree milk whereas normal milk has - in the past - given me mini spikes)

Lunch: Cod and chips and mushy peas....

Dinner: Tuna and prawn salad - lettuce, tomato, sliced red onion and Hellmann's lighter than light mayo