What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Monday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Tuna sashimi with homemade low-carb dip (lime, low-carb honey, soy sauce, mustard, macadamia oil).

Lunch: Nothing.

Snacks: Macadamia and pecan nuts (probably too many, I have to admit), two squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Three slices of venison (seared at high heat and then kept at 80 degree for several hours -- turned out to be really tender), some homemade sauce (onions, garlic, red wine, beef bouillon, balsamic vinegar, some sour cherries and a bit of 85% chocolate), and some spiced red cabbage. A small piece of quiche (bellpepper, eggplant, zucchini, onions, tomato, feta and beef salami). A small slice of homemade low-carb cheesecake.

No wine with dinner tonight -- trying to cut back a bit.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
B = None
L = Mug of fresh coffee
D = 4 100% Beef 1/4 lb burgers, 4 Mushrooms filled with blue stilton & 6 small eggs all baked in oven. Large glass of Merlot
S = bag of pork scratchings.
4.8mmol at 23:14hrs
merlot and scratchings brilliant. I was beginning to think I was the only one who drank

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Most probably McDonalds!

Lunch: I’m planning to go to “Eat as much as you like” Chinese Buffet and stuff myself ...after all it’s Xmas!

Dinner: also planning to go to another “stuff myself all you can eat” Chinese buffet but a much larger buffet restaurant opposite ...until I literally drop dead (gorgeous) !

Forgot the snacks: big tubs of ice cream, chocolates, strawberry cake, chocolate cake, M&Ms, mars bars, toblerone, marshmallows, Kit Kat, biscuits, and with extra large potato chips (on the side) ...lovely!!!

Lol !!!!

Last edited:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
B: 2 crumpets with butter
L: Tesco sunflower & pumpkin seed bread toasted with cheese spread
T: Got a Tesco takeaway box Chinese meal in the oven
Tea & coffee during the day.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting day today so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was a meat fest - 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon, 1 Birds Eye burger followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream.

Then headed out to my rowing class and have just had a ‘top up’ of a bag of pork crunch. Rowing has sent BG up: exactly 4.0 before dinner, 4.1 about 90 minutes later and just before rowing. 4.9 immediately after rowing and then 5.7 after a 15 minute walk home. Should come down soon.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in a bad way with the cold again! Just shifted one only to go down with another. Surprisingly my BGs are not bad. Bed 5.4 FBG 5.2.

B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with salmon pate
D. Turkey breast with 2 M&S big pigs in blankets. Gravy and wilted spinach.
Cafe Hag and a lot of water.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit of a mish- mash kind of a day foodwise
B - cocoa made with a mix of unsweetened coconut and almond milks
L - 1/2 a cold roasted onion, 1/2 cold roasted parsnip, salad made of roasted leeks, artichokes and chilli in olive oil
D - 2 josephs mini pitta breads and peanut butter, cucumber, watercress and avocado salad with hazelnut oil and balsamic dressing
Drinks - another cocoa and 2 litres sparkly water
Snack - 6 roasted almonds with chilli, piece of low carb chocolate cake (made using egg replacer )

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B = Fresh coffee
L = Fresh coffee
D = 12oz rump steak cooked on cast iron griddle, 1/2 bag frozen broccoli and 1/4 bag frozen green beans boiled and served with 1/4 pack of butter.
3 large glasses of Merlot during evening
S = 150g Mexcana cheddar with 125g green olives

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still struggling with this cold but BGs still holding firm. Bed 5.7 FBG 5. Dawn Phenomenon seems to have left the building again.
B. Nothing
L. Slice Hovis lower carb seeded with pate pate - the tasty salmon one. Marigold Swiss bouillon and Tassimo Americano Grande with a dash of cream.
D. @Ian_Laye you have made up my mind what to eat tonight but a bit smaller.
Rib eye steak with a bag of wilted spinach, mushrooms and maybe celeriac chips.
Kids on the final run down to Christmas. A week of fun and parties. Surprisingly the are not getting wound up. Usually they are hyper by now.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I cannot remember yesterday's food but mostly protein and a small portion of lasagna for main meal.

Today I've had
3 coffees. 2 of which decaf at home and other made with full fat milk (need the calcium).
Breakfast at lunch as no breakfast other than 2 coffees.
Breakfast/Lunch : 2 bacon, 3 small sausages, tablespoon of baked beans in sauce, a fried egg and 2 large mushrooms.
Dinner : Ham omelette planned with fried onion.

Might get tempted with peanuts later. They will double up as a liver block!
Looking for 6s as fbg consistently.

Without block will be in 8s which I don't want.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Fasting again today so no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was pan fried sea bass fillet with sautéed courgette, onion and broccoli. Dessert was chocolate chia pudding with cream.

Off to the gym shortly and have “budgeted” for a small pack of mixed nuts when I get back.

Roxanne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought I'd join in with this thread to keep myself on track.

Breakfast: nothing.

Lunch: scrambled eggs with cheese and spinach followed by one square of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: I was naughty and had spaghetti bolognese made with a jar of sauce. I did substitute the spaghetti with 'courgetti' though, so not a complete failure.

Snack: 2 fathead crackers (basically just fathead dough rolled thin, cut into squares and cooked until crispy)

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Aldi low carb paleo muesli with unsweetened coconut milk
L - 1 Josephs low carb mini pitta with peanut butter and watercress
D - roast skinless chicken breast with broccoli, brussels and celeriac
Snack - 6 roasted almonds with chilli. I slice home made low carb choc cake
Drinks - 3 x cocoa made with unsweeteened coconut and almond milks, 2 litre bottle water

1270 cals 37g carbs

Last edited:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea
Tea
B: Bacon, mushrooms & scrambled eggs
L: Chicken & veg soup, 2 slices Hovis LC wholemeal, mullerlight Greek yogurt, small banana
T: Chicken korma, sweet chili & lime basmati rice.
Tea throughout the day.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Full-fat Greek yoghurt with olive oil, hummus, scrambled eggs with tomato, low-carb flat bread.

Dinner: Two portions of corn salad with parmesan and Caesar's dressing (one before exercise, one after). A small piece of homemade low-carb cheesecake and a small portion of low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday ...

Breakfast: One double and one single decaffeined espressos with cream and xylitol. Three slices of venison with a sauce made of onion, garlic, beef bouillon, sour cherries and 85% chocolate and then blended. Some spiced red cabbage.

Lunch: nothing.

Snack: Some pecan nuts.

Dinner: A low-carb roll with mayonnaise and Northsea shrimp, two small pieces of low-carb cheese cake. Half a glass of red wine.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Planned a fasting day today but then my boss wanted to take me out for lunch so had to adjust.

Breakfast - none
Lunch - Nando’s. 3 plain wings, plain chicken leg with salad.
Dinner - raspberries and cream
Snack - small bar Coop 85%. chocolate

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - nothing
L - a small bowl of homemade lamb and spinach curry followed by coconut, peanut butter and banana flavoured chia pudding
D - 2 low carb mini pittas with peanut butter and watercress, another portion of chia pudding
drinks - 3 litres water

Last edited: