What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
There you go Freema back to 5s ! K
Freema what do you think has raised your BG reading recently,I ask has I have previously said after 18 years type2 diabetic myself I can know longer do carbs they raise my BG too much but I now use cauliflower rice and green veg rice and carrot chips has alternatives to carbs and wondered if these alternatives would help you,Aldi sell the veggies frozen and fresh I love all of them,if you have Iceland shops where you live they also sell 4 portion bags of frozen veg rices here they cost a £1. Lots of supermarkets here now sell these alternatives both fresh and frozen
The bonus is no huge spikes and weight loss! Kathleen

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Freema what do you think has in your BG reading recently,I ask has I have previously said after 18 years type2 diabetic myself I can know longer do carbs they raise my BG too much but I now use cauliflower rice and green veg rice and carrot chips has alternatives to carbs and wondered if Aldi sell the veggies frozen and I love all of them,if you have Iceland shops where you live they also sell 4 portion bags of frozen rices here they cost a £1.
The bonus is no huge spikes and weight loss! Kathleen
I miss rice so much K...went for dinner on boxing day...a family thing...had curry & rice...a full portion the first in roughly eighteen months...BG shot up to 7.9...considered it worth it...every mouthful was delicious...did get a big spike...however I have a friend who has rice regularly with little effect...demonstrates how 'individual' this diabetes is.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I miss rice so much K...went for dinner on boxing day...a family thing...had curry & rice...a full portion the first in roughly eighteen months...BG shot up to 7.9...considered it worth it...every mouthful was delicious...did get a big spike...however I have a friend who has rice regularly with little effect...demonstrates how 'individual' this diabetes is.
@Bubbsie i too love rice but it's not worth it for me my BG goes into 12 s after curry and rice so would rather use the veg rices and to be honest I don't bother about using these alternatives Has when they are covered with whatever meal you use them with the sauces from the meal i.e.:- curry or carbonara they take on the taste of the sauce.
I just think it's better than raising BG,you could still occasionally still have rice occasionally that's the secret!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie i too love rice but it's not worth it for me my BG goes into 12 s after curry and rice so would rather use the veg rices and to be honest I don't bother about using these alternatives Has when they are covered with whatever meal you use them with the sauces from the meal i.e.:- curry or carbonara they take on the taste of the sauce.
I just think it's better than raising BG,you could still occasionally still have rice occasionally that's the secret!
That family meal was my one & only 'diversion' with rice K...not a great veggie lover (to my eternal disappointment)...will save it for the occasional treat...have tried the cauliflower rice & cous cous....couldn't deal with it...the aroma put me off...although will have a look at the green veg ones...nothing ventured nothing gained...now...shower...tidy myself up...then off for walkies with H...felt good this morning...until I descended the stairs & confronted myself in the mirror (huge) right at the bottom of them...a lot of work to do before I dare venture out...have a good weekend.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to make you smile.On Friday morning after a sleep deprived night,hubby was in process of changing carsHe went to post an urgent letter as I was quite ill on Friday and didn't feel up to the walk to the box.He then discovered he'd posted the pack of info he needed for car insurance instead of the card.After a lot of angst and phone calls he finally got the info pack back so all is well!At least we can blame disturbed sleep!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to make you smile.On Friday morning after a sleep deprived night,hubby was in process of changing carsHe went to post an urgent letter as I was quite ill on Friday and didn't feel up to the walk to the box.He then discovered he'd posted the pack of info he needed for car insurance instead of the card.After a lot of angst and phone calls he finally got the info pack back so all is well!At least we can blame disturbed sleep!
Apologies in advance Glenmac...that did make me laugh aloud...honestly hope you get some relief soon...even the anticipation of when/if they start again must make it difficult to get a decent nights rest...wondering where you are?...here could be a possible Breach of The Peace...if it happens on a regular basis...the one offence the police can intervene in before it occurs... in order to prevent it.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
14, and a long time to drop after insulin, nothing I've eaten though I didn't train yesterday, but compensated with my insulin so I don't know.

Auto suspect Lantus, with an eye on the supposedly 58g carbs cod gratin from the supermarket, which hasn't spiked me before, or the Tilda rice pouch @ 57grams carbs, which on occasion maybe has...

Porridge tastes even better when you've waited 2 hours for it :)

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 from me. Wondering if that might be temperature related, ie it's a bit colder today.

Oh, and curries.. I've been experimenting with vegetable ones, so peppers, toms, runner beans etc instead of rice. Adds some nice color, texture and flavors. Now, if there were lo-carb naan breads... Which reminds me. There is a west-African flatbread made of a seed that's low carb.. So challenge for the day is to find out what that is!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 from me. Wondering if that might be temperature related, ie it's a bit colder today.

Oh, and curries.. I've been experimenting with vegetable ones, so peppers, toms, runner beans etc instead of rice. Adds some nice color, texture and flavors. Now, if there were lo-carb naan breads... Which reminds me. There is a west-African flatbread made of a seed that's low carb.. So challenge for the day is to find out what that is!
I heat up a slice of Hilo bread or a few slices of Lidl high protein roll in a pan with some coconut oil find it a great Nan substitute not the same I know but At least you’ve got something to dip in the sauce!