Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done goonergal for getting more active. That's my aim this week. I often find initial period of exercise gives a spike in weight but advice from ickihun sounds good - I'll be trying that too! Keep going!

It really helps with blood sugars - if I exercise in the morning I get an initial rise but then they go right down. In the evening they just go down - but the gym is very crowded after work, so I tend to go very early morning when I sometimes get it to myself!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey hope you are all fine , I am too depressed with my weight , my GP has put my Levothyroxine down so now I gain 1 kg a week and last week even 2,5 kg I am actually angry with her because that was not what I needed as a reward for loosing my initially 34 kg which now is only 17 kg but I hope my metabolism is now too low so I can get my metabolism up again after getting results of blood samples from Tuesday ... my weight has crept up now till 92 kg

So sorry to hear that @Freema I hope you are able to find a solution!

Reactions: Freema

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey hope you are all fine , I am too depressed with my weight , my GP has put my Levothyroxine down so now I gain 1 kg a week and last week even 2,5 kg I am actually angry with her because that was not what I needed as a reward for loosing my initially 34 kg which now is only 17 kg but I hope my metabolism is now too low so I can get my metabolism up again after getting results of blood samples from Tuesday ... my weight has crept up now till 92 kg
Don't lose hope - weight loss is always a rocky road, even without additional medication complications. I'm sure you'll find a way to overcome this - stay positive

Reactions: mo53 and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Weight today 65.1 kg BMI 22.5
Total weight Lost 50.2kg

Not trying to lose any more - but hanging out on this thread as I try to maintain :)

0.2kg down - essentially the same as last week

Have now maintained successfully for over 2 months - 2 more and I get to my 1 year anniversary :)
Fantastic results @Polgara :) :) :)

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Palpitations from too high t3 hun is just the tip of the iceberg so don't feel sad. You have achieved great thyroid function improvement. You will again. Mimic what you were doing before Xmas. You will turn this around. Its very very possible. Ignore add for now. At least you know what its off.
Start today. Eat and exercise like November.
I know you well enough to know you can do this. It may take a few weeks to reflect your great work.
I'm the same. I must do November eating, permanently!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Well after my 3pound weight loss last week no change this week but no gain either. Last weeks loss was bigger than normal so think body fighting back and have been feeling hungry a lot so delighted to have kept it where it is! Going to eat a bit more - below 20g of carb though so stay in Keto - this week see if can stabilise it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight at diagnosis on 5.4.17 - 115.3 kg BMI 39.8
Weight today 65.1 kg BMI 22.5
Total weight Lost 50.2kg

Not trying to lose any more - but hanging out on this thread as I try to maintain :)

0.2kg down - essentially the same as last week

Have now maintained successfully for over 2 months - 2 more and I get to my 1 year anniversary :)
Well done Polgara you are an inspiration keeping maintained for so long. I’m just heading down that road now and find it’s harder than when I was working on losing lots of fat. It’s hard to work out when to stop losing - if that’s a choice! - and how much you’ll be able to eat not to put on again.
Well done you looks like it’s good to stay on here and keep an eye on what’s happening to your weight rather than letting it drift!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A small loss this week of 0.3kg. Every little helps as they say!

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 83kg 2nd Feb’18
Total lost = 32kg/5stone 1/2lb

I have my 6 week follow up from my foot op today so hope to say goodbye to my surgical shoe and crutches then get walking properly again to help with the weight loss.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all. Well after my 3pound weight loss last week no change this week but no gain either. Last weeks loss was bigger than normal so think body fighting back and have been feeling hungry a lot so delighted to have kept it where it is! Going to eat a bit more - below 20g of carb though so stay in Keto - this week see if can stabilise it.
Great to maintain, well done!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A small loss this week of 0.3kg. Every little helps as they say!

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 83kg 2nd Feb’18
Total lost = 32kg/5stone 1/2lb

I have my 6 week follow up from my foot op today so hope to say goodbye to my surgical shoe and crutches then get walking properly again to help with the weight loss.
Fantastic results. We'll done.

Reactions: ToveyKath

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Palpitations from too high t3 hun is just the tip of the iceberg so don't feel sad. You have achieved great thyroid function improvement. You will again. Mimic what you were doing before Xmas. You will turn this around. Its very very possible. Ignore add for now. At least you know what its off.
Start today. Eat and exercise like November.
I know you well enough to know you can do this. It may take a few weeks to reflect your great work.
I'm the same. I must do November eating, permanently!

I actually have a totally dead thyroid gland so all my metabolism is due to levothyroxine there is no way I can speed my metabolism without those pills

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm at 69.4 kg = 153 lbs today. I've been around that weight for the last few weeks. I would like to get down to 150 lbs or less again. Haven't been doing much walking as it's too hot here, but will get back into exercise routine when I get home.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I actually have a totally dead thyroid gland so all my metabolism is due to levothyroxine there is no way I can speed my metabolism without those pills
Sending you a big hug Freema take care maybe some kindness to yourself if you’re feeling a bit down? I do mindfulness and Pilates which both help me . Mindfulness tends to remind me that above the clouds there is always blue sky there I just can’t see it at the moment but the clouds will clear eventually. Meanwhile take care of your emotional health too - stress and depressive episodes tend to raise blood glucose too.

Reactions: Happyhomelands