What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1 today
Over the last few days I’ve been changing my ratio usually 1 unit to 10g carbs and long lasting 12 units 8pm each night which as kept me in brilliant control but over the last few days I’ve been going low so done a bit of tinkering like you do but yesterday I went completely insulin free and didn’t even have my long lasting last night in fear of going to low and just to see what happened and what number I got this morning got to be the honeymoon period ain’t it surely lucky I go to see my consultant today for my hba1c results so that’s good timing I guess I must add I’m pretty low carb anyway don’t have breakfast as I go to the gym in fasting mode which keeps my bs levels stable dinners around 15/20g carbs tea around 20/40g
Goodluck

Reactions: Sobo82

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
Hi@maisiepug we have two black boy and girl we bought Louie from being a puppies he's 10 now Elle is 11 she was a rescue ex breeding ***** who we had spayed no more puppies for her, I've got vet bills coming out of my ears for the last year Elle with her eyes teeth ears and now she is having investigations into why she suddenly when asleep she cannot get her breath,we think the vet damaged her oesophagus when they did dental work on her last September. And Louie now has struvite crystals so special diet costing £100 per month,but it's what you have to do if you care about them and we have had dogs for nearly 40 years we love them like we do our children.
How old was your pug and what age is your other these are our first pugs so unsure of their life expectancy would guess around 10 years to 16 but like humans we a live to different ages,we never have same breed twice all our dogs have lived to be just short of their 14 th birthdays, cocker spaniels,boxer yorkies all rescued then pugs! K
Sorry for the delay replying, Maisie was 9yrs when we lost her, she had to have emergency hysterectomy, we knew this was a problem not having her spayed but she had various medical reasons why she couldn't be done unless in an emergency and this happened and unfortunately she survived the op but the other problems were too strong. Aggie is 10yrs now, they were litter sisters and we had had them from 10wks old. Aggie hasn't been spayed either but she has a heart problem and so we are taking the risk with her as well, we know what could happen but if she has the op now she could die on the table so we are constantly worrying about her.
I am sorry you are having problems with yours but like you say, we do everything for them don't we, and then they just look at you with those eyes and you just melt.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.2 this morning very happy with that after last nights shenanigans felt a bit weird after dinner when I tested got a reading of 2.5 incredible felt quite ill. Took a load of glucose tabs and had a bit of chocolate and after a two hour sleep was back up in the 6's but with a pounding head ache and feeling nauseous have no idea of what caused it.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.2 this morning very happy with that after last nights shenanigans felt a bit weird after dinner when I tested got a reading of 2.5 incredible felt quite ill. Took a load of glucose tabs and had a bit of chocolate and after a two hour sleep was back up in the 6's but with a pounding head ache and feeling nauseous have no idea of what caused it.
Glad you are ok

Reactions: Cumberland

Maddog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What do you mean running out of linagliptin ( trajenta ).? Or has it been stopped by your GP.? What area of the country do you live in.?

In Scotland we have an urgent supply system from pharmacies for those people who manage to run out of their medication.

Have even had people with transplants who let themselves run out of their anti-rejection drugs

I do wonder if GP’s are a little too quick to resort to insulin before they have exhausted all drug options. My diabetic nurse is already making such noises with me. There are still quite a few tablet options left for me. I will eventually go on insulin but that will for the most part be up to me.

Doc wanted me on insulin before Christmas, I postponed till after Christmas and haven’t gone back yet so can’t get linagliptin on repeat prescription. Admit I was also a little curious as to how my levels would react. Not much difference! Been over a month now. Live in the midlands, it was partly down to the doc but mostly a little personal experimentation! Just trying to get new appointment now to discuss options.

Reactions: ziggy_w

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.9 today

drizzle here today but quite mild, just spent an hour trying on my good sweaters from my wardrobe, quite a few are now too big :( not unhappy about my weight just sad that some of my favourites will have to go.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Doc wanted me on insulin before Christmas, I postponed till after Christmas and haven’t gone back yet so can’t get linagliptin on repeat prescription. Admit I was also a little curious as to how my levels would react. Not much difference! Been over a month now. Live in the midlands, it was partly down to the doc but mostly a little personal experimentation! Just trying to get new appointment now to discuss options.

Ask him about Jardiance. It stops glucose being reabsorbed in the kidneys and is then excreted in the urine. Net effect is to lower blood glucose. It is effective too.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Sorry for the delay replying, Maisie was 9yrs when we lost her, she had to have emergency hysterectomy, we knew this was a problem not having her spayed but she had various medical reasons why she couldn't be done unless in an emergency and this happened and unfortunately she survived the op but the other problems were too strong. Aggie is 10yrs now, they were litter sisters and we had had them from 10wks old. Aggie hasn't been spayed either but she has a heart problem and so we are taking the risk with her as well, we know what could happen but if she has the op now she could die on the table so we are constantly worrying about her.
I am sorry you are having problems with yours but like you say, we do everything for them don't we, and then they just look at you with those eyes and you just melt.
Best Wishes to you, hopefully Maisie will be stronger than you think! K Elle goes to vets for throat investigation on Wednesday will let you know how she gets on! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning hope your well
@Sobo82 i am doing ok considering went to have a carcinoma removed and a skin graft last Thursday but has I said I'm doing ok. Will get the biopsy results in three weeks,staying hopeful and positive going for my dressings changed on Thursday so will see what it looks like then! Fingers crossed it's not has bad Has my imagination! Hope your too keeping well and nice to see you back! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks k, head cold ok, still gotta chesty cough, hope you are getting better.
@philchap1 my sister has been left with a shocking cough and had it since Christmas, I'm doing ok having my dressings changed on Thursday will take a look at to what extent the hole and graft is on my leg,thanks for enquiring! Get well soon! K

Reactions: philchap1

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Went to see consultant not my usual one got my hba1c results 5.8 absolutely over the moon with that I explained that I’d not had insulin for 24hrs approx and he seemed a bit confused explained to him about weight loss and training daily and lowish carb diet
He’s sent me for GAD test which I brought up after reading a thread a member posted up on my other post turns out I’ve not had one he basically said just keep testing don’t take any long lasting insulin unless i start getting high readings in the morning and no fast acting unless I’m going high obviously after meals which I’m well aware of what to do anyway and just got to give it time now see what happens all a bit of a shock if it turns out I’m not type 1 after all
Thanks