Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum. Please stick with us, it would be a shame to miss out on the wealth of knowledge and experience that members can offer here.

It seems you have a choice, sit down with your GP and tell him of your misgivings about this drug. A reasonable Doctor will listen and discuss any points you may raise. Failing this you can refuse his/her advice and see a different GP in the practice if another is available. No one can compel you to take a drug that you would rather not take.

Reactions: Tophat1900

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It seems to me if a person is somewhat paranoid or overly concerned with confidentiality then one place they should stay away from is the Internet.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems to me if a person is somewhat paranoid or overly concerned with confidentiality then one place they should stay away from is the Internet.
I agree

Last edited by a moderator:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

and especially a public forum..........:)

@Aphorism I think there was just a few misunderstanding on all side, can we all start again without any bitterness and with a view of trying to help each other, and also that that someone else is just trying to help us.

Aphorism

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello and welcome to the forum. Please stick with us, it would be a shame to miss out on the wealth of knowledge and experience that members can offer here.

It seems you have a choice, sit down with your GP and tell him of your misgivings about this drug. A reasonable Doctor will listen and discuss any points you may raise. Failing this you can refuse his/her advice and see a different GP in the practice if another is available. No one can compel you to take a drug that you would rather not take.

Thank you very much for your time; yes, there must be masses of experience and knowledge here; I am sure my future experience will be very positive and helpful. As many know, until you speak to folk with the same illness, you can feel isolated.
Best wishes.

Reactions: Guzzler

Aphorism

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and especially a public forum..........:)

@Aphorism I think there was just a few misunderstanding on all side, can we all start again without any bitterness and with a view of trying to help each other, and also that that someone else is just trying to help us.

Of course, well said.

Reactions: slip

Aphorism

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

If any online forum that is subjectively anonymous, and that anonymity is what many require, then there is absolutely no reason to think that keeping certain details confidential is anything but reasonable. However, a misunderstanding caused by wrongly worded phrases, can be sorted, rather than inflamed or enlarged upon. Enough said, I think.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys - Keep this civil on all sides. Several posts will be deleted as a result of bickering. Please be aware that continuing this behaviour could lead to warnings and thread bans, or worse.

Reactions: ixi1429

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
Well I really don't know what to say, I can't say I really understand everything that was said and a lot of it totally confused me especially what Aphorism was trying to get across to us, perhaps it is just me to-day but I would hope that he/she could start again for my benefit at least.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fine: no one has the right to demand information from any member which is how it came across. I would never demand the identity of the person who gave me any information. You may have a tight clique here but it is no use to me.

I'm not sure how you took my question:
Who has "mysteriously" alluded to new ways of monitoring blood sugar?

As a demand to identify anyone. I was simply trying to get more context on when/where the mysterious allusions to new ways of managing blood sugar we're referenced. As mentioned in your post that I quoted:

Yes, but with my pancreas dying off a bit, this might explain the levels. However, I have no ideas what 'new way of measuring blood sugar' is! Which mysteriously alluded to. Anyone have any ideas?

I thought a better idea of the context in which this was discussed might lead to better guesses. It was quite cryptic, at least to me any way and for all I knew it could have been your mad friend (everyone's got one) telling you you can monitor your blood sugar by waving a crystal over your belly. I can now see, having been back to reread your first post, that you had said

My doctor has told me that apparently the usual way of measuring blood sugar is out! Now he uses a different method which I knew nothing about - let alone actually understanding what it all means (no leaflet or web link to help was given).

Sorry that didn't get picked up on and connected. But you had been asked several times in the intervening posts whether it was hba1c and not responded to those questions. Hba1c measurements changed from DCCT (%) to IFCC (mmol/mol) in 2011, so not by any stretch of the imagination a new way of monitoring. There's a conversion page between the two here- https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Well I really don't know what to say, I can't say I really understand everything that was said and a lot of it totally confused me especially what Aphorism was trying to get across to us, perhaps it is just me to-day but I would hope that he/she could start again for my benefit at least.

Seems the op had miss-interpreted caterpillers questions on page 1 and become defensive, from there it went down hill. The communication just wasn't clear. I'm not even sure the questions got answered?

I think a fresh start would be a good idea.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If any online forum that is subjectively anonymous, and that anonymity is what many require, then there is absolutely no reason to think that keeping certain details confidential is anything but reasonable. However, a misunderstanding caused by wrongly worded phrases, can be sorted, rather than inflamed or enlarged upon. Enough said, I think.
It is an illusion to believe there is anonymity on the Internet even on the dark web you can be traced if some one with the required skills and recourses wishes to do so. I tend to live my life as an open book these days as to all intents and purposes that's what it is now.

Unless you are prepared to abandon all technology that is. This is not an attempt to deride or patronize it is intended just to inform

Reactions: Brihtric

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Who has asked you to disclose anything? I can't find anything on this thread that could have caused you to think this.
There was a question about who supplied the information - the OP took it to mean wanting to know the name of the person, and went off at a tangent.

Aphorism

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There was a question about who supplied the information - the OP took it to mean wanting to know the name of the person, and went off at a tangent.
Could you please stop this now please.

Edited by a Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

Aphorism

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is an illusion to believe there is anonymity on the Internet even on the dark web you can be traced if some one with the required skills and recourses wishes to do so. I tend to live my life as an open book these days as to all intents and purposes that's what it is now.

Unless you are prepared to abandon all technology that is. This is not an attempt to deride or patronize it is intended just to inform
I, politely, do not need your opinion on this issue; the misunderstand was where it appeared that someone was demanding the identity of someone. This has been resolved and the offending posts removed. And no, it is very dangerous to convey too much specific information in today's internet, so being an open book is not a good idea, security wise.