Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. I was in the 4s not so long ago but I'm assuming it's because I've started testing myself with different foods (carbs) here and there to see how my BS react. So on one hand I'm learning a lot which is a positive but it's having a negative impact on my FBS. Do I go back to eggs n bacon or kippers and chicken n veg? I want my hba1c to reflect the hard work I have been putting into my life ;) next check with GP is May.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. I was in the 4s not so long ago but I'm assuming it's because I've started testing myself with different foods (carbs) here and there to see how my BS react. So on one hand I'm learning a lot which is a positive but it's having a negative impact on my FBS. Do I go back to eggs n bacon or kippers and chicken n veg? I want my hba1c to reflect the hard work I have been putting into my life ;) next check with GP is May.
Good to experiment. I have 6 monthly checks so I use the first 2 to 3 months after HbA1c for experiments if that is any help. Effectively, I try to have no shocks in 12 to 14 weeks before HbA1c.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to experiment. I have 6 monthly checks so I use the first 2 to 3 months after HbA1c for experiments if that is any help. Effectively, I try to have no shocks in 12 to 14 weeks before HbA1c.
I like that :) nothing experimental now then to my may hba1c check but I'm fine with that. Thanks.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I like that :) nothing experimental now then to my may hba1c check but I'm fine with that. Thanks.
Just out of curiosity what has been the biggest surprise higher carb foid you can actually enjoy.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I came to the conclusion years ago that one had to get out early. I went at 58 and everyone I graduated with went before 60. We were lucky with pension schemes. I fear for the sanity of the young senior managers in large schools now.[/QUOTE]

My pension situation is dire after spending my 30s working part time because I was caring for my disabled son - and Hubbys is even worse after years of agency work. Don't think we are ever retiring :( Still - having a chilled time away this week - so that's good :)

Reactions: DJC3

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
People like me appreciate teachers. Just a shame some low lives don't. :( No respect. In the 70s these people were in the minority now they're the majority. :(
The respectful minority are stressed out from covering for the lack of others, it seems. Society is breaking down.
A very sad start for tiny ones. They often don't know anything other than being unkind. :(
I do blame the parents, some of them.
Our highly respected school doesn't allow parents at sports day. Very very sad.

Love you @ickihun <3 wish I was teaching your little one - <3

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just out of curiosity what has been the biggest surprise higher carb foid you can actually enjoy.
It varies with what exercise etc I have done but generally Trifle works well and a mini hot cross bun. Other people will have different views. Enjoy for me always comes back to a reading 2 hours later - I get distraught if I see a 6 anywhere.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My pension situation is dire after spending my 30s working part time because I was caring for my disabled son - and Hubbys is even worse after years of agency work. Don't think we are ever retiring :( Still - having a chilled time away this week - so that's good :)
Might have seemed a little insensitive of me, if so sorry. What I didn't say was that both my parents passed away the same day and being an only child it presented me with a unique opportunity. Again, sorry if I appear to be talking from a position of comfort compared to others, that is not my intention.

Last edited: