What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Despite warnings of a retaliatory attack, madam BG isn't beating a retreat as one would expect. I despair again.
This just won't do and am beginning to wonder if my weapons are faulty.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
good morning all :)

4.6 today

blooming snow here yesterday again, fed up of being cold at the moment, never mind, I'll gird up my loins, lag up my legs and go out for a walk this morning :)
@geefull good luck with the girding and lagging sounds painful but I do agree what's happened to our lovely spring days??K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
thank you it seems to me the blood glucose numbers raise a bit or fall a bit for no apparent reason... in my case I have been relaxing a lot and have had days of off my fitness regimen .. and have been eating a few easter treats and even had lower numbers in spite of that... I think ones individual biology have some rythm varying over time.. independantly of food choices too.. but still the most important to a low average blood glucose will always be the low carb choices and ones rutine of exercise
@Freema keep up the fight your going great! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you dear ️ how are you doing yourself today ?
Hi Freema I'm doing fine thanks not back in the 5 s has yet but occasionally working on it,I've had appointments coming out of my ears lately so I'm like a will the wisp back and forth,lovely to hear from you and so well done on your BG levels. You'll have to pass on how you've achieved it then I can follow you! Haha! K

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Freema I'm doing fine thanks not back in the 5 s has yet but occasionally working on it,I've had appointments coming out of my ears lately so I'm like a will the wisp back and forth,lovely to hear from you and so well done on your BG levels. You'll have to pass on how you've achieved it then I can follow you! Haha! K

hey glad you are okay, I really don´t know what difference I have done that has lowered my numbers in the mornings a bit...I think maybe it is due to me taking more vitamin D and a multivitamin pill too and trying to see what reservatol does to me, my father had Alzheimers and I am afraid to end up the same way myself.... and that my sister will too, so read that reservatol is thought to lower the risk of Alzheimers, funnily I also yesterday read that it is thought to lower insuline resistance too... but you know new products are almost always praised to be close to a miracle medication that cures almost every disease one might catch or already have inherited
But now I´ll try taking that for some month and see what change it might lead towards
https://www.drugs.com/resveratrol.html

Last edited:

Peterseaford

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I got a shock - had some exercise yesterday and stopper the Easter buns and chocolate - 6.4 yesterday at 7am but 7.2 this mornings at the same time and I was really good yesterday
I was only 4.8 before dinner last evening and 8.6 two hours after dinner and would have expected better than 7.2 this morning

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
Well I got a shock - had some exercise yesterday and stopper the Easter buns and chocolate - 6.4 yesterday at 7am but 7.2 this mornings at the same time and I was really good yesterday
I was only 4.8 before dinner last evening and 8.6 two hours after dinner and would have expected better than 7.2 this morning

Did u test again immediately?

Reactions: Goacher55