Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoopie! I have broken the 80kg barrier, just a 0.1kg loss this week but lovely to see my weight beginning with a 7! :happy:
Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 79.9kg 13th April’18
Total lost = 35.1kg/5 stone 7lb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all and well done to all and particular mention to @Goonergal on getting under the 60kg barrier and @Rachox getting under the 80kg barrier as you say mentally it’s a great boost to get under a tens figure. For some reason I found wh3n losing weight I had a thing not only about getting to a lower stone barrier but also hated the ten to thirteen pounds point when I went down beyond the stone - always happier below the ten!

Happy Friday for me - still maintaining below my ideal weight at 9 stone 4 pounds or 58kg so happy. This allows me to swing up and down a bit with the usual water retention stuff and not feel upset about it. Mind you happens a lot less since I went low carb clearly the carbs hold lots of water.

Have a good weekend all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same weight as last week for a BMI of 22.2. Part of a very confusing set of signals from my body over the past month. Weight good, although I want to hit BMI of 22 by June. Resting pulse and hours sleep in and out of targets (59 and 7hrs +) and fbg average 5.3 with plenty of variation. The point of all the data is I have no clear idea of how to respond in terms of exercise and long term goal of cracking waist to height ratio.
I guess my overall numbers would make some say check your privilege.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
An add for me this week so won't post til back to losing. Many telling me due to pregabalin and no metformin is doing it but I'm on other weight gain meds so I won't allow this to stop any weight loss in my future.
Have other weight gaining conditions too but lost last year.
It can be done. So I'm not put off trying too lose. ;)

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Right then end of January I was 18 st 10 lbs , 262lbs . So started low carbing . About 150 grs a day . Got diagnosed on 27 feb with T2 . Dropped to 50 grs a day on Metformin . 14 March got taken off Metformin. Diet only . Was 17st 3 / 242 lbs . Today I was 16 st 7 lbs / 231 lbs
And according to my meter my average bs level is 5.7 over the first 100 readings
So thank you to all . The support and information has been absolutely fantastic wouldn’t have been able to do it without ye .. Maybe the NHS will adopt Sweden’s lead and change their advice about low carb diets .

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not trying to lose any more weight - have been maintaining between 64 and 66 kg since December 2017, but I like hanging out here with my lovely weight loss companions :)

5th April 2017 I weighed 115.3 kg - BMI 39.8
Today I weigh 64.4 kg - BMI 22.2

Up 0.4 kg over the last fortnight - still maintaining happily :)

Off to Wales after work today to meet up with my cousin and her 4 girls. I've not seen cousin since her wedding 10 ish years ago and never met her girls as they live in New Zealand. Arrived at Nain and Taid's (Welsh grandparenets) yesterday for a month :)

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
12 stone 4 1/2 pounds today, up a pound. Not sure how I’m feeling at the moment, blood sugars are still in the 7’s when they’ve been much higher, and I have started using an exercise bike this week instead of sitting idle while watching tv, so I guess these are positives.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two pounds over the last two weeks, so am now 12 stone, 30 pounds lost in total. Hopefully am continuing to move slowly down after a long time plateauing.

@peony50 You might have seen a bit of a rise as you add more exercise in
@rom35 Hang on in there - it will go down!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all have tightened up this last week - because hbaca1 is due in a couple of week - result is that I unintentionally lost another pound now down to 9 stone 3 pounds and now a bmi of 20. My ideal is 9 stone 6 and bmi 21. Getting the balance right seems to be trial and error but important thing for me is the bloods.
Hope everyone gets the results they want and enjoy the sun ive found that it’s so much easier to get out there. I’m planning a hike this morning and some gardening this afternoon so better fuel up with a bit of fat as my OH says I’m disappearing!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Up 0.8kg over the week - completely over ate while on work travel. Back on track now and a day off to enjoy the sunshine today.
@Goonergal good to see you back I’m sure the travel gain will be gone in no time you’re so disciplined and sounds like you’re on track again already. Enjoy your day in the sun hope you get out and enjoy it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two pounds over the last two weeks, so am now 12 stone, 30 pounds lost in total. Hopefully am continuing to move slowly down after a long time plateauing.

@peony50 You might have seen a bit of a rise as you add more exercise in
@rom35 Hang on in there - it will go down!
Well done @eggs11 what an encouraging week you’ve had you must be thrilled.
Funny things weight loss plateaus the body I think keeps wanting to set a new weight set point and tries to cling to it especially when you have lost so much weight as you have to date but as you know you just need to shake it around and keep going you’re doing a grand job.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13 stone 5 ( 85 kg ) bmi 25.
Hoping to get down to 12 stone 10 ( 81 kg ) or bmi of 23.
Have lost about 5.5 stone over about 3 years. The last 10 lbs seems to be the most stubborn.