Weekly weigh in - Fridays

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @eggs11 what an encouraging week you’ve had you must be thrilled.
Funny things weight loss plateaus the body I think keeps wanting to set a new weight set point and tries to cling to it especially when you have lost so much weight as you have to date but as you know you just need to shake it around and keep going you’re doing a grand job.
Thanks Shelley - yes what you said makes perfect sense - also I was at very low calories for a couple of months, so the fact my metabolism has caught up now and letting me lose still is great - and so different to previous experiences on low fat diets when the weight has gone straight back on with a few extra pounds due to crazy hunger! Thank goodness for LCHF. What was amazing yesterday was walking my dog in the sunshine in just a t-shirt and jeans and catching myself realising I was comfortable doing that - no covering up arms and stomach with a cardigan and then feeling too hot, no pulling up of jeans over my tummy every few minutes as my (now smaller) jeans fit me around my waist now.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well gaining weight on an average of 1400 calories in a day... for the last 14 days.. crazy.. but anyway congratulations to all you who have lost or remained your weight, and a hug for all you that fight but still gain ..life is wonderful no matter and the sun is shining here

gained 0.5 kg now 94 kg

Reactions: Prem51 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Shelley - yes what you said makes perfect sense - also I was at very low calories for a couple of months, so the fact my metabolism has caught up now and letting me lose still is great - and so different to previous experiences on low fat diets when the weight has gone straight back on with a few extra pounds due to crazy hunger! Thank goodness for LCHF. What was amazing yesterday was walking my dog in the sunshine in just a t-shirt and jeans and catching myself realising I was comfortable doing that - no covering up arms and stomach with a cardigan and then feeling too hot, no pulling up of jeans over my tummy every few minutes as my (now smaller) jeans fit me around my waist now.
Absolutely I bound along these days just back from six mileish hike and not feeling heat like I used to love being able to wear things for the right weather rather than things that I felt didn’t make me look too big!

Edit my new avatar is my new boots on bridge above a waterfall on my hike. New because they are size 5 my feet seem to have lost weight too down from 6.5 to 5 !

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely I bound along these days just back from six mileish hike and not feeling heat like I used to love being able to wear things for the right weather rather than things that I felt didn’t make me look too big!

Oh how I identify with this too. I went clothes shopping yesterday in all that heat and wasn’t bothered like I would have been this time last year. I even enjoyed it when a shop assistant asked what size I wanted, instead of being embarrassed :happy:

Reactions: Prem51

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's wonderful @Rachox and @shelley262 - love that pic!

Who'd have thought eating less carbs and more fat would produce such amazing benefits - I still can't get my head around it!! (even though I know the science, it seems too good to be true after years of failing miserably on low fat diets! )

Reactions: rainbow79 and DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
142 Lb today so another pound down. I am trying to get back up to 147 Lb without much success at the moment. When I started eating diet doctor type meals low carb but high calorie at first put on weight now lost that plus a bit.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time posting on this thread. I have put on a pound this week and am 10 stone 6 pounds. I was a stone heavier at diagnosis in November.

I don't think the hip to waist thing applies to me. My mother was the same, she described it as having boys hips, narrow and a short waist, almost as though I had a couple of vertibtae missing. I could never buy women's high waisted jeans, they were baggy on the hips and the waist would be half way up my chest!

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
So this week lost 2 lb down to 16 : 5 from 18 : 10 in January FBG this morning 5.4 . But bottle of wine last night

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Checking in early as weighed myself as part of the group fast. Have lost 1kg since last Friday, taking me to my lowest recorded weight of 59.7kg.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Weighing in at 58.3kg today - a 1.4kg drop during my 48 hour fast and 2.4kgs since last week. BMI is now 22.2

The fast also saw a 1.3 cm loss from my waist, 1cm from hips and 0.6cm from ‘muffin top’ so very pleased I stuck at it.

Edited to say a challenging week coming up as my Dad and his wife are down for the weekend and I have some more work travel. My place is too small for Dad and wife to stay, so they’re in a hotel nearby and we’ll be eating out a lot with coffee/dessert at my place.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening
15st 1lb that's up a pound from me. No excuses just a fat lazy git this week, hehehehe.
Stay slim all, leave room for all us fatties.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've avoided coming back here and I was naffed off at not losing 4 stone in my first day of LCHF.

Finally went back to the scales and (bear in mind the fasting) I tipped in at 99kgs (15st 5lbs). I have actually lost weight, 6kg since diagnosis.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. @Goonergal and @HarrisonK amazing results from all your efforts. I am 5 pounds lighter since April 18 and 4 since Wednesday BUT 2 pounds gone in last 36 hours fasting so lots of water there. I am at a milestone BMI under 22 but need to keep it off and work on the "string test" metric aka height to waist ratio - haven't checked lately. Weight @ 5.55 this morning 11 St 8.2 pounds or 74.3 kgs height 6 feet. Weight loss is easier for me than reshaping my body!

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weight loss better this week, after losing just 0.1kg each week for the last two weeks, I’ve lost 0.3kg this week. I don’t think I’ve done anything different though! :happy:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 79.5kg 27th April’18
Total lost = 35.5kg/5 stone 8lb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all and especial congrats to all our fasters including @Goonergal @HarrisonK and @ianpspurs - well done to you all. As I’ve been trying to balance my weight with my bgs I didn’t join this one. I can find fasting stressful which puts up my bgs - due to cortisol I think - and hbaca1 next week so trying to keep as balanced and low as possible. I also don’t want to lose any more weight so need to be a bit careful.
My stats today maintenance :
9 stone 3 pounds or 58kg
Bmi 20