Weekly weigh in - Fridays

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok another suggestion as it’s holidays and you’re “seething” do you get stressed about your bgs? . Headspace also has lots of sporty oriented sessions to improve competition and performance which may appeal to you?
Thanks Shelley - dog walking and looking at "bigger picture" work well for me. Overall average this month is fine but fbg going awry obviously impacts - like a naughty child in an OFSTED inspection!

Edit: Just walked the dogs and mulled these matters over. Unpalatable conclusion is I have become complacent and settled for nice easy routines that had got me to this point. I could easily reduce weight quickly and maybe move the dial on both fgb and ratios. The issue may be visceral fat so just targeted exercise would hide the problem. I need a bit more research in order to make changes which I can maintain long term.
“Your previous accomplishments should be your stepping stones; you need them to jump up. They should not become beds that should keep you comfortably sleeping.”
Israelmore Ayivor,

Last edited:

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How many weeks on lchf without a loss? I never lost on lchf but only low carb careful fat. Low fat with low carb is very restrictive but can get some people started on weight loss, whose who've never lost due to multiple health conditions and even meds which are needed which add weight. Like me.

I lost 2 1/2 stone
then no weight loss for few weeks.
Maybe I need to lower my cream & oppo ice cream

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
Stayed the same .13 stone 2lb. I eat breakfast (oats) around 9am then nothing til 6pm. Does this count as a 9 hour fast? Or would I be better eating something at lunchtime? I rarely feel hungry at lunch though. I rarely eat more than half of my dinner but feel hungry about 9pm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon a delicate 15st 2 lb for me this morning, but soon to be ruined by a family roast chicken this afternoon. The chickens name was Victoria and she is not pleased about being stuffed and having butter rubbed under her skin, next time I will suggest Mrs J kills the chicken first before she puts it in the oven. Ps a pinch of salt is required.

Reactions: mo53 and Prem51

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stayed the same .13 stone 2lb. I eat breakfast (oats) around 9am then nothing til 6pm. Does this count as a 9 hour fast? Or would I be better eating something at lunchtime? I rarely feel hungry at lunch though. I rarely eat more than half of my dinner but feel hungry about 9pm
Not sure if have the answer and know some people fast the way you are doing with 2 gaps in 24 hours but personally the fasting method that worked well for me was either the one meal a day method ie a 23 hour fast daily which I did for a month and then after that month as my weight had come down on 5 days a week an 18hour fast followed by lunch and dinner in a 6 hour window - mixed with a couple of days 23/1 whilst still losing weight. Now at my ideal weight I’m back to eating three small meals which I’m preferring but know some people carry on missing breakfast to manage things.
Maybe a bit of experimenting? But good not to eat unless you’re hungry!
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighing and posting a day early this week (sorry I missed last Friday - end of term, Good Friday and going away was all too much) - because today it is ONE YEAR since I started my weight loss then weight maintenance journey!

I'd been to see the nurse at GPs - discovered my BP was sky high and been weighed. I was horrified to realise that I was just over 18 stones in old money. I went home and joined Weight Watchers online and started to loose weight. I figured out that I was diabetic a two days later and so reduced carbs from then - but I'm still with WW and it's been so helpful as have all the love people on this thread :)

So here are the anniversary stats :)

5th April 2017 I weighed 115.3 kg - BMI 39.8
5th April 2018 I weigh 64.0 kg - BMI 22.1

I've maintained between 64 and 66 kg since the beginning of December.

If you are trying to loose or trying to maintain - just keep going! It's worth it!

Reactions: Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weighing and posting a day early this week (sorry I missed last Friday - end of term, Good Friday and going away was all too much) - because today it is ONE YEAR since I started my weight loss then weight maintenance journey!

I'd been to see the nurse at GPs - discovered my BP was sky high and been weighed. I was horrified to realise that I was just over 18 stones in old money. I went home and joined Weight Watchers online and started to loose weight. I figured out that I was diabetic a two days later and so reduced carbs from then - but I'm still with WW and it's been so helpful as have all the love people on this thread :)

If you are trying to loose or trying to maintain - just keep going! It's worth it!
Amazing story of your journey this year you must be elated

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was the same but pre diagnosis I used to overeat at 9pm. Not realising it was carb driven.
Is your 9pm low carb?

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Youre an inspiration!
I wish WW worked for me but nothing ever did. Others lost loads and it demoralised me. Mind u it was over 25yrs ago. I bet soooo different now. No snacks then and veg and just a fist full of potato. No 5 a day and no pasta or rice mentioned then. Rice was demonised as part of a takeaway only, then (in Sunderland anyway). Lady who advised was very old fashioned to me at the time.
I know WW have moved with the times. Their recommendations were boiled veg and roast meat as microwaves fairly new then. Very light gravy and no salt.
So did you lose on a low carb version of their new meals?
It's fantastic. Your hard work not WWs. Well done.

Reactions: shelley262

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I couldnt resist but weigh myself this morning.
I was 127.70kgs so better than the 129.90kg I weighed last week so....
I'm happy to note this as my loss for this week and hope Friday weigh-in reflects this too.
So I've lost 2.2kgs approx. 5lb loss. :) :) :)
Still 127.70kgs but have low carb cupboard again. Hoping for a loss next week. :)
Able to walk again :) :) :) slowly but not horrific pain. :) :) :)

Oops! A day early.

TTTE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes (but I may learn to love it)
How are you getting on @TTTE ?

The weight is still dropping , however to be honest not as much as I would like. Weighted myself on Monday (02-04-2018) and tipped the scales at 112.8kg. I'm going to search the garage for my bike and try to start doing more exercise than I'm currently doing. My job is pretty physical and my blood sugar readings are always at their best after work when I have been busy etc. However I'm sure I can do more. Sadly my wife was rushed to hospital recently when she collapsed with a case of hysterics after I announced that I might start cycling to work (12 miles each way) It took a team of 4 doctors 3 days to get her to stop laughing, nothing like a little bit of encouragement is there. However I can see her point. We live in London and cyclist are their own worse enemy

Anyway, watch this space.....

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Youre an inspiration!
I wish WW worked for me but nothing ever did. Others lost loads and it demoralised me. Mind u it was over 25yrs ago. I bet soooo different now. No snacks then and veg and just a fist full of potato. No 5 a day and no pasta or rice mentioned then. Rice was demonised as part of a takeaway only, then (in Sunderland anyway). Lady who advised was very old fashioned to me at the time.
I know WW have moved with the times. Their recommendations were boiled veg and roast meat as microwaves fairly new then. Very light gravy and no salt.
So did you lose on a low carb version of their new meals?
It's fantastic. Your hard work not WWs. Well done.

The current WW plan works very well with low carb - but it wouldn't work really at all with high fat. But seeing as I was careful about fat all along it worked really well for me. I just do the online version - I wouldn't do meetings (too antisocial :) ) - following the plan gives me absolute limits - I need that as I'm not great with eating "just one"

Reactions: eggs11

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Brilliant and inspirational!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Weighing in at 60.3kg this morning, so 0.3kg up from last week. However I have lost 0.7kg of the kilo I put on while away in Edinburgh over Easter, so happy with that, especially since I’ve also lost a cm from my hips over the week.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow well done @Polgara youre an inspiration that it is possible to lose and then to maintain for a long period well done especially when work is demanding enjoy your well earnt school holiday.

Reactions: Polgara

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Weighing in at 60.3kg this morning, so 0.3kg up from last week. However I have lost 0.7kg of the kilo I put on while away in Edinburgh over Easter, so happy with that, especially since I’ve also lost a cm from my hips over the week.
Well done @Goonergal especially as you’ve been away and it has been Easter too. Cm loss too on your hips sounds very encouraging you’re a star.

Reactions: Polgara

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All seems good again today still maintaining at 58k - 9 stone 4 - my ideal weight is 59k - 9 stone 6. I’m planning on keeping it between those two figures if I can and I’ve succeeded for last month or so just dipping a bit but broadly maintaining.
Helpful to have this Friday check in and weird to get to the end of a long period of ‘dieting’ but then not putting it back on fairly quickly despite eating more just by sticking to this way of eating.
Hope everyone is happy with their results and no Easter bunnies tripped anyone up - unless they were high cocoa percentage ones of course!