Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are in London
https://www.bodyscanuk.com/pricing.html
not exactly cheap though..

Do you have any of the NIHRs or Research units near you? Their trialists are extremely well looked after and things like Dexas are often used in base-lining.

I have volunteered for no end of research projects, but they don't seem to be looking for scrawny little, bolshy wimmin at the moment.

Oh well, at least I had no guilt trip for not being remotely of interest in a vegan trial. I fancied the 6 months on the associated technology more that the diet!

Self-centred, moi? No. really. Don't bother answering that.

Oh, and to be on topic, I fasted overnight, if that helps my case. :angelic:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:D:D:D

I'm in good company then - I last ate around 10pm last night and have just had a coffee with cream and stevia at midday (and plenty of water...) since then. I can manage several one meal days in a row efforts if I feel in the mood or am feeling a bit poorly, but I've never seriously gone beyond that. And I've currently got a week's worth of dinners to eat now.

Thinking on it, when I was younger I rarely ate breakfast, apart from maybe weekends, so may have been fasting for up to 17-18 hours at time time fairly frequently. :wideyed:

But congratulations to everyone who've done so well this week, especially our new longer term fasters!

Robbity

Reactions: ianpspurs

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have any of the NIHRs or Research units near you? Their trialists are extremely well looked after and things like Dexas are often used in base-lining.

I have volunteered for no end of research projects, but they don't seem to be looking for scrawny little, bolshy wimmin at the moment.

Oh well, at least I had no guilt trip for not being remotely of interest in a vegan trial. I fancied the 6 months on the associated technology more that the diet!

Self-centred, moi? No. really. Don't bother answering that.

There appears to be one in Brighton which is fairly close.. do you think its worth contacting them and asking? To be honest I had never heard of them before.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 at 45 hours no real exercise today am off to do some and watch IPL after more camomile tea. All readings today below yesterday.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon readings.. 91 hours fasted only 2 teas and a coffee so far today but about to have another tea

BG 3.8
Ketones 5.4

Steak is in the sous vide...

Reactions: rom35

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There appears to be one in Brighton which is fairly close.. do you think its worth contacting them and asking? To be honest I had never heard of them before.

If I'm totally, totally honest, as time move on I feel less deep curiosity over the dexa stuff - primarily because I have got quite skinny. At a size 6, there's not much room for fat, and a couple of years ago I was examined for a potential fat harvesting procedure, for a fat transfer graft (to repair after surgery), I was declared not to have any fat to harvest. At a VF score of 3, don't have too many real concerns there either.

Were I earlier in my trimming journey, and I had insulin resistance, I'd be interested.

There are lots of other sexy toys in this place, so maybe I'll just choose something different, one day.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon readings.. 91 hours fasted only 2 teas and a coffee so far today but about to have another tea

BG 3.8
Ketones 5.4

Steak is in the sous vide...

Spooky - I'm doing Mackerel in the sous vide tonight!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I have the Omron BF508 which pretty well matched up to the pro one in my gym although still not a dexa. Haven't found anywhere nearby that will do one.
I have the Tanita RD 953 . They look fancy ha ha ha

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
todays scores on the doors. I have had one of the most stressful 48 hrs ever......

so far........

Attachments

• blood-sugar-log4.pdf
    42.6 KB · Views: 394

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Regarding Dexa scans, too many of you to tag that have mentioned them in this thread. I have a question for you. I’ve just volunteered for a Type 2 research project run by Oxford Biobank. I haven’t received all the details yet but it includes a Dexa scan, which they then show you and explain the results. What do you see? Is it just fat or does it show bone density too?
(Oh and they said that I’d need to starve before the appt. which will be early morning, but not to worry they’ll give me breakfast before I leave, interesting to see what’s on offer!)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
49 hrs up latest reading 3.9. Feel cold but otherwise good. The stationary bike and IPL obviously worked or maybe the Cider Vinegar and salt in water. Anyhow, another tea with cream to warm me up and on to 60 hrs.

Last edited:

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinated with this thread. I have had a Dexa scan as my GP thought I had lost too much weight. All it gave was bone density of both hip and leg and compared with normal population and same age population. Are there different types of Dexa scans?

I did go for about 22 hours fasting on Thursday maybe try a bit longer another time.

Reactions: Goonergal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Regarding Dexa scans, too many of you to tag that have mentioned them in this thread. I have a question for you. I’ve just volunteered for a Type 2 research project run by Oxford Biobank. I haven’t received all the details yet but it includes a Dexa scan, which they then show you and explain the results. What do you see? Is it just fat or does it show bone density too?
(Oh and they said that I’d need to starve before the appt. which will be early morning, but not to worry they’ll give me breakfast before I leave, interesting to see what’s on offer!)

Rachox - Probably easiest to post this link than waffle on: https://www.bodyscanuk.com/benefits.html

Good luck on the trial.

I'd mention your way of eating before you go for your scan. The Research Centre I go to is very flexible and LOADS of the researchers are LC.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it was nice to eat after almost 4 days of fasting.. steak, mushrooms and halloumi fries.. pretty stuffed now.
See what happens to bloods in a couple of hours and to weight in the morning.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rachox - Probably easiest to post this link than waffle on: https://www.bodyscanuk.com/benefits.html

Good luck on the trial.

I'd mention your way of eating before you go for your scan. The Research Centre I go to is very flexible and LOADS of the researchers are LC.
Thanks, I’ll have a read.
I’ve only spoken to an admin lady, so I didn’t think I could start talking to her about the merits of scrambled egg against toast and cereals! I’ll wait and see what the info says when it arrives in the post.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I broke fast last night with some chicken and cheese because I was going on my first, 2nd date in 30 years and I didn’t think I’d get a third stinking of ketones.

So 48 hours this time and nothing to eat so far today.

I’ll try and sort my shizzle out for numbers next time.

Hope the date went well. 48hrs is a great feat though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last readings for Friday after approx 52 hrs. BG 3.7 keytones 2.7. Lowest bg an highest keytones ever. See what tomorrow morning brings for fbg.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I called it a night. Got home from work and just had a large omlette.
I am very happy with the week, learnt a lot, I've now ordered a dual monitor so I can test my ketones next time. BG before omlette was 5.2, haven't risen much above that all day.

Off to bed, goodnight all.